how much does it cost to charge your "Rig"

0ne charge cost (near dead or full dead to full charged)

• $.11 - $.25

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • $.26 - $.50

• $.06 - $.10

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • less then $.05

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • $.51 - $.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $.76 - $1.00

• $1.01 - $1.25

• $1.26 - $1.50

• $1.51 - $1.75

• $1.76 - $2.00

• Greater then $2 (LoL what do you drive an EV hummer!)

• Total voters

mr_exon

10 W
Tell me if I am wrong and I will change this:

K-Watt hours = $.10 in most areas in the East cost Avge.
(For a quick round about figure with out grabbing your electric bill and looking at loacal rates, feel free to use your real cost per KW hour)

my math was like this

Battery voltage: 48v
Battery amp hour: 12ah
Run time Avrg: 2 hours

48 X 12 X 2 = 1152watts

So if I am correct with this my bike should take 1152watts to charge(if I am wrong some one put up the real calculation set up so others and me can do it the right way for real deal costs to charge our bikes)

Lets see: 72V x 2Ah = 144Whrs.

I think (I had to calculate it; they don't give me a number on the bill) I pay about $0.11kWhr, so I pay about $0.016 to "fill up" :D.

Lets see 66V*4.6AH = 303.6Wh~.304kWh
Average on my bill is $.0912/kWh~$.092/kWh

I'm paying about $.0279 per charge. So about 3 cents for the supply. The utility company charges supply and service charges so if i include services charges in there too it's about 5 cents.

I just thought that this could be an intresting poll..

Many of us ride out bikes to work, me too. Because of my charger failure a day ago I hade to take the bike out 2 days in a row(probably three days if I cant fix it tonight) and keep in mind my way to work is 25% on ATV trails and then another 50% is on grass leaving only 25% left for flat top...In other words the 2 miles to work for me is living hell for my bike and uses a lot of amps up doing it too from all the torque required.

I just hope more people submit as well

Johnbear said:
Under 10 cents, but the bike seems to keep getting more expensive! :D

I agree, but if it was not so expensive there would be no plesure in doing it, right? :wink:

Mr_ exon your calculation are accurate, except if you say you have a battery pack 48 volts 12 ah you cannot spend 1152 watts in one charge the most you would get is 48 * 12 = 576 watts

Two bux is less than the tip while plugged in on a restaurant patio.
Or even a coffee and pastry. Paid that much many many times while plugged in...
Never paid for electricity to charge the scoot though I don't think.
tks
LOk

Whoa, who picked >$2? :eek:

Oh, yeah, Exon: Slayer is right. You could only use up a maximum of 48V x 12Ah = 576Whr. Plus, I know you use a lead pack, so you can really only get half of that out of it, so about 288Whr. If you're paying $0.10kWhr, then you pay a little less than $0.029 to charge. :D

Also, two things we're neglecting: Losses in the charger and coulometric charging efficiency of the battery type you use.

Figure your charger is about 80% efficient, and SLA is something like 70% efficient when charging. So really 56% of the energy from the wall gets into the battery (approx.). So really I'm paying about $0.029 to fill up (whatever services they charge me included).

Exon's paying about $0.052 to fill up, I think.

ok, I knew something was wrong with my price point, Thanks for the correction

so dry cells can take more watts in a charge per amp hour? could be a dumb question :wink:

How efficient is the chargin? How many utility meter Wh does it take to get that 576Wh inside the battery?

vanilla ice said:
How efficient is the chargin? How many utility meter Wh does it take to get that 576Wh inside the battery?

I used to use my quick charger that was rated at 30amps out put into 12volts and the bike would charge in under one hour...
Now I use a 48v4.5amp pantera charger and it takes about 2-3 hours

I am looking for a wall outlet Watt meter for my work area, but cant seem to find one and I dont want to use my Fluke clip on V/O meter and keep it on for 3 hours as my bike charges, then my VOM will be dead! LoL

Back