Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up 70%

• Up 80%

• Up more than 90%

• Total voters
No clue what "Bush collapse" Is but assuming it's some tie to the Financial Crissis of 2007, A.K.A. the "Great Ressision", then yeah, buisness is down. There used to be a help wanted sign in every shop and restraunt in this town, but I haven't seen one since late 2007. things are getting better, but everything is still down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession

The Federal Reserve and Deficit spending have been pumping up the economy. We will see what happens when the money stops. I hope we don't do 1933 or 2007 again.

Business is definitely down. Nothing new passed that helps the small businessman in the last 4 years. I have one client on the east coast and drive there every 6 to 8 weeks. The interstates through OH PA & VA are barren. Have not seen this low a traffic level in 15 to 20 years. It would be interesting to see the real toll tallies on the OH and PA turnpikes to see if my perception is fact.

As for construction, only seen about 4 new houses started in the last 4 years also in my area.

The financial collapse under the Bush Administration hit south florida right between the eyes... Area is dependent on new construction and tourism, both of which suffered huge losses in 2008, and continued for the first 3 years under President Obama.. It takes a while to right this ship.

Overall the mood under Bush was that of despair and that could be seen in the number of small businesses that failed, including banks.. People were not in a buying mood.

Tourism snapped back big time but overall unemployment is still high thanks to a slow rebound in new housing... It is definitely getting better under President Obama.

This is a loaded tricky question.
Some of you blame Obama for this mess but in fact the Bush admin started this mess along with the banks lending money to the wrong people etc.
I don't think it matters what Obama chose to do for trying to fix things the us economy was doomed before he got in.

My business is a tricky one to measure. In 2008 it was crazy busy in may then died a couple months later. But that may was artificial things were booming when they should have not been.

I have also not focused my energy on my business for the past couple years. I bought a house instead and now need to pay some personal debt off before thinking about the business full time for my self.

I think if you want to compare then and now you should look at 2006 to now 2007 and the start of 2008 were over inflated.

Back