Controller Model # & Program

What is your Controller Model # & application used for programming? Please read 1st post.

• EB model Number not listed in 1st post (please describe)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Parameter Designer for Infineon

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Parameter Designer For 116

• Parameter Designer (Lyen edition)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other Program application not listed

• Total voters

Kingfish

100 MW
Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Mil
Greetings.

I am in the midst of working on a variation of the Parameter Designer for Infineon-clone type ebike controllers. The version I am working on (if successful) will be able to flash the controller using our smartphones and tablets as platforms, and Bluetooth (wireless) in addition to USB connectivity.

It is a bit like XPD on steroids, advancing upon the very good work Anpaza has provided, and leveraging the brilliant configuration model. One distinction between XPD as a first generation open-source and this new second-gen effort is in the stock precompiled controller configurations:

The architectural design I am employing extracts controller profiles and other custom features so that they are exposed for customization, for augmentation, and for adding new model profiles. There’s more involved, and I don’t wish to talk more about vaporware beyond a working prototype. The main point is that each controller profile will exist in an external XML-based (or possibly JSON-based) data store, and that we can modify or clone stock parameters without the need to recompile the application.

The other aspect is that (I hope) we will be able to run on multiple platforms, not just Windows – but iPhone, Android, and Desktop.

Now that you know my story, the survey asks quite specifically which Controller Model Number you own so that I can get a sense of which configurations we need in addition to the following below (and please give thanks to Anpaza for providing them):

• EB206, EB209, EB212, EB215, EB218
    EB206/Lyen, EB209/Lyen, EB212/Lyen, EB215/Lyen, EB218/Lyen, EB224/Lyen, EB236/Lyen
    EB218/Crystalyte
    EB306, EB309, EB312, EB315, EB318
    EB306/CellMan, EB309/CellMan, EB312/CellMan
We are looking for "EB---" models that do not match this list, and how you program them. :wink:
EDIT: Removed XPD from the application list because it is already understood.

More information on this development effort here.

Thank you kindly. KF

Question more than reply....
All the controller models above are XieChang's of various vintages......are there any other "programmable" controllers your looking for. (Or even aware of?)

Example: I have an alltrax "axe" 4830 that is programmable with alltrax software...for a perm 132....but may upgrade with a Kelly controller. Also programmable with proprietary program & cable.

Please forgive my dense ness......what exactly is the question :oops:

Following with great interest....

Hmmm... curious; that begs a good answer:

I am not familiar with that controller so I'd need a donor + instructions & application to test how it would work. The donor does not need to function (e.g. it can have a blown FET or some other problem) though must still flash. To that end - I would be happy to look at the application after I get the first round of issues resolved - presuming we have success. I can't say how similar they will be, however the issues are still the same:

• Read in configuration, set the Uer Interface, record the settings, handshake to the device, pass the bits over, lurk for confirmation or errors. If we can flash through COM then we should be able to do this through Bluetooth. :)

Also note that I have an application for "ParameterDesigner (EB80X-X)" though it seems to only effect EB806, EB809, EB812, & EB812. The configuration file is still ASV and looks remarkably like the EB2xx series, except that it pings in in a series of three eights "888". I'll ask again - Does anyone have EB8xx boards :?:

Tiny update:
My membership application to the Bluetooth SIG was accepted today; allows access to more docs and tools. 8)

~KF

Great project Kingfish, I will watch with interest since this is an area where I need extra education. My controller is the Lyen 12 fet 4110 sensored extreme modder version. Although I am sure this controller was built on an Infineon platform, I'm not sure which.

Obiwan007 said:
Great project Kingfish, I will watch with interest since this is an area where I need extra education. My controller is the Lyen 12 fet 4110 sensored extreme modder version. Although I am sure this controller was built on an Infineon platform, I'm not sure which.
Thanks for the feedback!

Values of known controllers are posted here: Handheld Serial Programming: USB or Wireless

The late model Lyen 12 fet 4110 sensored extreme modder is an EB312; I have two - one for the front and one for the rear on my 2WD :twisted:
Cheers, KF

Kingfish said:
Also note that I have an application for "ParameterDesigner (EB80X-X)" though it seems to only effect EB806, EB809, EB812, & EB812. The configuration file is still ASV and looks remarkably like the EB2xx series, except that it pings in in a series of three eights "888". I'll ask again - Does anyone have EB8xx boards :?:

Yep, I do (EB806 board, Infineon XC846 chip). It looks like XPD does not support this configuration. Instead of 'U' (as per the protocol described below), the USB-TTL data that returns to XPD is 'aa'.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1o228c4BnMCrW5sicpY1QmT1DVV4KH2ZQiPhDTYJBFjk

Could anyone share the ParameterDesigner.exe suitable for the EB806 controller? Many thanks!
Dan

Back