Please help us in Canada, The war on Ebikes Continues!

As most would know Toronto Ontario is One of the Largest Cities in Canada. What happens in Toronto usually ends up as law around the country. There is currently a war against Ebikes By Cyclists, Car Drivers and the media. We are labelled as "Silent Killers". The Cars don't want us on the roads and the Cyclists don't want us on the Pathways. We are stuck in the middle with no where to go. In Canada there are two Styles of ebikes. One that looks like a bicycle "Pedal assisted E-bike" and one that looks like a Scooter "E-scooter". Currently they are bundled into one group, "Ebikes".

In most of the world Ebikes are allowed on the multi-use pathways the same as bicycles. But in Canada with these two styles of Ebikes they seem to want to just do away with us.

The City of Toronto is studying the situation and has put out a survey. In Canada we have roads, bicycle lanes on the roads and Multi-use pathways away from the roads. The City is trying to determine where we should be. Please follow this link and fill it out. When taking the survey if you select you ride an ebike you will be asked a lot of question about e-bikes that others will not. Please put yourself in our shoes and answer these questions as if you were living in Toronto and were having your E-bike rights taken away. There is even a question as to where you live. You may want to select a part of Toronto as they may not consider your opinion if you don't live here.

Here is the link...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W7OTk3IUgRZ-s-emVH8Gv-k2iQKY0tZLRyBi-MnfBiI/viewform

Gary

Roger - Wil-Co!

But if I was to say on the form that I make 20k, and wanted them to think I was not young or wild, what part of the city would I live?

What Toronto district is your primary address located in? *
(choose one, if you do not live in the City of Toronto, choose "other")

Central Toronto, York or East York
Etobicoke
North York
Scarborough
Other

Filled it out even though I'm from USA. Took about 2 minutes to input. Reason being, the USA may follow suit with any changes from its neighbor.

Filled it out, if there is any way I can become more active or if I could perhaps help with educating the public please let me know.

They screwed up this Question

Code:
How do you get around Toronto? *
(check all that apply)

You can only select one, can't check all that apply

I filled it out even if I am not from Canada, or even live in Toronto Canada.
Anything to help the ebike cause.

Thank you to all who are participating. They can't seem to get rid of us all together so they are trying to draw lines between the ebike riders.

I Live in Mississauga on the outskirts of Toronto. In Mississauga you can ride the multi use trails with an ebike if it is under 40 kg in weight. You can ride in the bike lanes on the road with any ebike. Mississauga is a very future oriented progressive city with a Mayor second to none!

In Toronto Car is king or take the bus, anyone else is just in the way. One of the first things the Mayor did when he got in to office was remove a few bike lanes. I think they must have been on his way to work.

Gary

Golden Motor Canada said:
What happens in Toronto usually ends up as law around the country

so tru.
is that why toronto was *the* very last place in canada to make ebikes legal?
leading from the rear, very shrewd.

ask justin ebikesca if anything the center of the universe does wrt ebikes is gonna affect vancouver laws.

Lessss said:
I'm in N.B. and yes I've already had this argument here with city officials because of what is going on in TO.

sure had he said people talk about TO, i guess anything is possible. :lol:
passing of laws tho is a whole 'nother level of inertia.
you doesn't have to argue or sign any petition, ebikes are here to stay since no local government has teh ability to stop it.
this stuff comes from on high, the king of the world or at least the duke of the western hemisphere has decreed it.
you of all people i would have thought already know that democracy is hypocrisy.

but as far leadership in passing ebike/bicycle/green law goes, you only need to look to vancouver for what's headed your way.
they're a decade ahead of the curve of everyone else in canada, or even north america for that matter.
they've swallowed the entire agenda, cerlox binding & all and that's not necesessarily a good thing.
when it comes to ebikes & other 'sustainability' laws the big cabbage won't be leading anyone, along with whole detroit area they're destined to become part of the rust belt.

N.B. along with Nunavut and NWT have not passed any ebike legislation and PEI the only province to class them as motor vehicles is right next door. When local officials start talking about banning them because TO is, it is a big deal.

I'm uber-wealthy, have high income, am highly educated and...

I'm a high status individual!

They'll respect my filling out of the questionnaire now! lol

(Don't want to give them the wrong impression most of the people filling out the questionnaire are poor; that might just make them more confident in economically segregating the poor-ass e-bikers harassing the general public, pedestrians and cars alike.)

Back