E-Bike Frame

dracksed

1 mW
Hi, everyone I am new in this forum. I am very glad to see that I am not alone to be fan of E-bike. I got two questions for you.

If there is an E-bike frame (only the frame, no battery, no controller, no motor) who seems like the bomber Stealth Bike, would you buy one to put all your electric stuff in it ?

Moreover, How much would you pay for it ?

The dream goes like this: buy a stealth bomber frame with zero electronics or components, put on the biggest Marzochi fork you can buy, front and back 8" 6 piston hydro callipers, wheels would be the absolute widest tire and rim possible for the frame, put in as much 100V LiPo as possible, either a cromotor or John in CR's 6 phase, and a 24FET 4110 controller (or 2 controllers for 6 phase). The cost of the bike itself would be ~5000 brand new if i had to guess, but to build the whole thing would be more.

dracksed said:
Hi, everyone I am new in this forum. I am very glad to see that I am not alone to be fan of E-bike. I got two questions for you.

If there is an E-bike frame (only the frame, no battery, no controller, no motor) who seems like the bomber Stealth Bike, would you buy one to put all your electric stuff in it ?

Moreover, How much would you pay for it ?

Search ES for "Phasor Cycles": http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41682&hilit=phasor+cycles

And if someone put on the Market a Carbon Fiber Bike, who looks like the Bomber and the Phasor (thanks Mattycii for the info, I didn't know that brand) and for only 1400 $ (that include only Frame and rear suspension), who would buy one ?

Thats hard to say. it depends on the design. There is a need for a basic cheap pedal bike geometry frame that can house batteries internaly , but many of us here build bikes that go to the extream, and the frame needs to be able to handle 15-20 horsepower and being opperated in near motorcycle like conditions with geometry that wouldn't be appropriate for a basic pedal bike.

So are you planning an extreme offroad frame, or a basic enclosed frame?

The frame will be able to handle same things as Stealth and Phasor, so yes it will be an extreme bike frame. Also, the bike will be made in carbon fiber and aluminium 6061-T6.

Back