• eeewww beer is gross how can you drink that stuff

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

truckerzero

100 W
whats your favorite beer

if you voted for a specialty import or somthing not listed tell us about it
any suggestions of a good specalty beer or imports is very welcome

Sadly I can even drink a mass produced beer any more... like Miller or Bud.. ever since getting into homebrewing I need taste etc. I'm also growing hops so really like the hoppiest beers I can find like Victory's Hop Devil and Hop Wallop and Red Lodge Ales Bent Nail. Those are my three favorite right now. They are frickin' hoptastic! My two little Nugget and Cascade hops bines are budded out nicely at this point... probably harvest in a few weeks to a month. Should be able to get a couple 5 gallon batches from them. Just gotta think of a good name for this year's batch... :)

pwbset said:
Sadly I can even drink a mass produced beer any more... like Miller or Bud.. ever since...

This could be fun...

Sadly I can neven drink a mass produced beer any more... like Miller or Bud.. ever since I worked for a maintenance outfit that manufactured and maintained beer equipment for the breweries... Large and small. Bottle labellers, keg washers, key fillers, etc etc...

The stories they would tell about how the "Big Boys" make beer....
<shudder>
:shock:
tks
Lock

Lock said:
The stories they would tell about how the "Big Boys" make beer....

Haha.. that's part of it for me also. A bunch of years ago I had a crush on a girl whose Dad worked making Bud etc. She would tell stories of maggots in the wort and equally disgusting things... I mean it's alcohol so it's not like it's a big deal health-wise, but even the thought of it is sick! :shock:

Favorite beer? just converted to Pale ales from the dark heavy stuff. Used to be a real "kind of Sewer" for good Porters.

for Light beer-- SAm Adams.

There is a new Colorado Pale Ale.. Its an 'American Pale Ale" From Arctic Brewing. REally small place.

Growing hops for my first year, so harvest is next year. Hoping to trade Hops for Some good home brew next fall

pwbset is a high hops beer bitter thats my main complaint with dark beers just way way to bitter
i love un filtered wheat ale like sam adams wheat,sam adams summer ale,blue moon and boulavard wheat
but most other high end beers tast way way to bitter but i love to drink beer with more flavor than the mass produced stuff
although im likeing the michelob amberbock alright for a mass market beer
if i had to pick one beer on flavor alone id give it to blue moon
no weird corriander taste and very delicious plus i think it may be brewed by coors so kind of a mass market specalty

ps link 2 years and a trip to mexico untill you can legally give us a answer
unless they lower the drinking age to 18 like they have been talking on the news
then i guess 2 years
my opinoin: if you can die for the usa you should be able to have a ice cold beer with your porterhouse agree???

truckerzero said:
ps link 2 years and a trip to mexico untill you can legally give us a answer
unless they lower the drinking age to 18 like they have been talking on the news
then i guess 2 years
my opinoin: if you can die for the usa you should be able to have a ice cold beer with your porterhouse agree???

Mebbe I'll give it more thought if they can figure out a way to get the alcohol out without changing the taste. My family has a history of going a little...um...clinically insane with drugs/alcohol...

I chose other:

1. Does it contain alcohol?
2. Is is cheap?
3. ???
4. Profit!

I brew my own, but not opposed to a quality import, like a Trapist or Belgin. Duval, CHimey, ect.
Sam Adams isn't bad for cheap American wimpy lawnmowing beers. Sam Adams Chocolate Bock is a nice light beer. :twisted:
Of course Rogue and Anchor are pretty good domestics, too. And then there is Stone. Yay Stone. I've spent a few mornings trying to sort out what zipcode I was in because of Stone's selection of fine domestic beverages.

well link sounds like your predisposed to be arehab cannadit just dont forget you can get dwi/dui on a bicycle
but maby youll stay away from the stuff good luck

I dont know much about beer, but I like the really dark heavy stuff.. the ones that are like a meal in a glass. Red and yellow ones are pretty good too tho. Even coors or heiny are fine by me. If I had to pick one I don't like the taste of I'd say bud, but I don't super hate or love anything. They all have their place.

diet cola all the way!

k

Harvested my hops last weekend. It's always so depressing how little you actually get once it's dried and vacuum sealed - like two little 2oz bags. :lol:

For a commercial beer I like Becks Dark. For a draft stout, I like Guinness. For bottle beer I like a good IPA like Flying Dog or Stone. I also like Alaskan Amber and that Alaskan summer ale. In Colorado we have so many microbreweries - there are a lot of choices for local stuff. I don't think I have even tried them all. I highly recommend if you like craft beers to visit in October and take a trip to the Great American Brewfest in Denver. You can try 600 different kinds of beers there. I went 2 years ago with a couple guys from Phoenix and we even got a hotel room that "shuttled" us back and forth for free from our rooms to the brewfest. Oddly, we didn't really get drunk as we just try a sip or two of anything that looks interesting. They give you a glass to sample with that you keep.:D We also hit the downtown at night and of course went to Falling Rock Tavern that has I think 200 beers on tap. I remember some guy tried to order a Coors Light- and I thought there was going to be a problem if he kept asking. :shock: (They didn't have it) :lol:

Being a hot air balloon pilot, I mostly drink cheap champagne. But I really like Modelo Negro, a nice dark mexican beer. It's not bad for mass produced, but no comparison to the local brew pubs award winning bock.

Anderson Valley Boont Amber Ale from TJ's. Haven't found anything better than this yet.

Hard to find outside the Seattle area, but:
beermacjacksafricanambe.jpg

Back