Should Politics and Religion be a separate/isolated forum?

Should Politics and Religion be a separate/isolated forum?

• YES - Politics and religion should be a separate and isolated forum

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • NO - Politics and religion are open to General Discussion

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jerryt

100 W
I don't contribute a lot but I'm an avid reader who is thinks politics should not be in the open forum. I confess that I have made comments in those posts.
I'm thinking it would be a relief to isolate the politics and religion or quasi-religion. If enough folks agree, maybe the mods can set it up.Here's the way Bike Forums does it:
Politics & Religion
[Subscribe] [New Thread] [Search]
The P&R forum is for anything related to world politics and religion. Any attacks against individuals (or a group of people) in this forum will include a swift kick to the knee and lost access to the P&R forum.

Bike Forums Message
Terms of use for the this forum:
1: No personal attacks.
2: What is said in this forum stays in this forum.
3: Even if you disagree with another user, please be respectful of others views.
4. In this forum your opinions may be challenged. If you cannot handle this, please do not enter."

Note: This forum requires cookies for access!
Do you accept the above terms? (yes/no):

This is a 14 day poll and you can change your vote if you change your mind.

I don't see any reason for the Mod's to have to monitor another group of off topic threads @ endless-sphere.

there are plenty of Political/religious forum websites out there.

I agree, I hate it when there are so many forums to wade through. Its kinda neat and tidy here.

Keeep it off.
When a child I believed in silly things like Santa Clause, the tooth fairy, boogyman,dumbmockerysee and GOD. As an Adult I gave up believing in these silly things.

These two topics don't need to be here excpt the politics of e-bikes.

I watched politics and religion drive a valuable contributer from <rec.bicycles.tech>. It was the piggy-piles from the spit-ball team that finally did him in.

There are plenty of places around the internet to discuss politics, religion and the paranormal.

I agree with Lessss. Politics outside e-vehicles and alternative energy are OT anywhere.
Politics is too often US centric and of zero to little interest to the international participants.
It's usually reduces to partisan bickering. IOW, boring and worthless.

Nope. I choose to design, build, ride & race EV's as a direct response of my Political and Religious views.

WWJD?

why_would_jesus_drive_singl.jpg

Its an Electric vehicle forum. Thats what we're here for. None of you realy care about how cute my Girlfriend's 6 year old niece is, and you don't want to see pictures of her, or hear funny stories of how she misspelled Cat in a firstgrade spelling bee. And thats fairly well understood.

The same thing applies to Politics and religion. I honestly don't care if you think you are Jesus Christ, or are sacrificing hampsters in the basement to the Indian god of fertility. If you have something to ask or say about Ebikes, I'm listening.

Politics and religion just don't belong here. if people feel the need to go on about them, fine. Freedom of speach is great. But I don't see the point of giving it a specific place to be ignored in. It can be as easily ignored in the general tab.

Yeah, lets talk about politics and the grim reaper. Hope you don't scream when you die. :twisted:

This poll is over and the voters have decided they do want an isolated forum for politics (57% to 42%). On the other hand, hardly anyone voted (14 votes) so the point is moot.

So here's my political contribution.
http://www.peteyandpetunia.com/VoteHere/VoteHere.htm

Back