"Hot Topic" the cheep parts to make a bike work (fixxed it)

Parts you used to make your Electric motor bike

• 1)_____________________________Bicycle (Frame)

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • 1)_____________________________Full sized Frame)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 1)_____________________________Mid bike (frame)

• 1)_____________________________Pocket bike (Frame)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1)_____________________________Dirt bike (Frame)

• 1)_____________________________Scooter (Frame)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 2) Acid (batteries)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2) Gel/SLA (batteries)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 2) Drycells (batteries)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3)_______________24volt system

• 3)_______________36volt system

• 3)_______________48volt system

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 3)_______________> (greater then) 60volt systems

• 4) Brushed Motor

• 4)Brushless Motor

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • 5)_______________________Low amp Controller (<100amps)(less then)

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • 5)_______________________High amp controller (>100amps)(greater then)

• 6) Cost < $600 us (less then)

• 6) Cost > $600 us (Greater then)

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

mr_exon

10 W
this pull will show in the end what is the best and cost effective wat to enter our worldy hobby/sport...Please pick one thing in each of the 6 feilds..You have 6 markers so use them wisely and dont check the same like feilded answe twice :mrgreen:

pocket bikes(beyond 35mph is very fun seeing that is how fast the gassers go)
View attachment 1a.jpg
this one did 39mph!
[youtube]Hhfclc6_dmI[/youtube]

Dirt bikes(torque is nice!)
View attachment S5033009.2.jpg
This was made for my friend that was getting outa jail(he ended up giving it back since it was too much power for him :| )
[youtube]bwJ52UKQVG8[/youtube]

Mid bikes(a bike you can fit in a car but can take 48v no problem)
P9010558.JPG
Yup 39mph
[youtube]6XhEtwQYQKA[/youtube]

insane scooters
View attachment P7270005.JPG
[youtube]SEgSI9qGxmg[/youtube]

Sorry no E-bikes yet...Have no extra cash for new parts lately , I have a Baby on the way. :p ..So I have to be an adult now with my cashflow :mrgreen:

Not sure if I picked the right price range, 'cause your inequality signs seem to be backwards...

I was kinda shocked when I added up the parts value for my bike and came to a total of like $1,300, not including the crap I bought because I needed to make something for it. Plus dozens (maybe even hundreds) of hours of my time.

Miles said:
Yes, Link is right, the "greater than", "less than" symbols are reversed :)

LoL...I knew I messed those up!...it was never my best thing in math...they never seem right to me...maybe it is a bit of dislectic behavure on my part...I will fix it if it alows me to edit it now....Totaly sorry guys! LoL, 156 IQ and I still get this wrong all the time! :roll: :mrgreen:

ok it is now fixxed! :D

Remember, the shark (inequality sign) always tries to eat the bigger fish (number). That's how they always told it to us, anyway. *nom nom nom* :D

Only 156? :p

Link said:
Remember, the shark (inequality sign) always tries to eat the bigger fish (number). That's how they always told it to us, anyway. *nom nom nom* :D

Only 156? :p

I usually tell people it is 160, but you guys need the real number because I feel I am surrounded by way smarter people here and them extra 4 points can couse a argument in the least some times...... :wink: In elementary school, my teachers thought it was cool that I learned so well that I could tell them easier ways around the things they were teaching at the time....Not too many kids can say they teached thier own teachers....But like "retarded smart people" I too have some flaws that make people disbelive my inteligence some times... Almost for 5 years I tried my hardest to seem like every one else :? in the end I found that being surounded by "smart/er people" was more comforting then having to explain things over and over to the not as bright people... Some times I wish I could be a bit dumber at times, so dont think I like to boast about my IQ, it makes me feel shame more then glory.....I have only made 5 inventions to date that I could say are my own concepts and were made by me, but I have had tomany failures to count and keep track of...but just like chess, you learn from it and move on and just maybe you can succeed next time or later :D

as for the shark thing, LoL I remember that from grade school dayz. LoL, some teachers boored me and I was in the clouds in those class's...must of fogged it out..LoL :lol:

mr_exon said:
In elementary school, my teachers thought it was cool that I learned so well that I could tell them easier ways around the things they were teaching at the time....Not too many kids can say they teached thier own teachers....

Guess your English teacher didn't get much help, huh? :p

I told you I am dislectic kinda with my spelling...I even write words diffrent as well...most from top to bottom, me I write my words from the bottom up, go fig right? :?

please dont judge me for how I type things out...I live for what we do, fully self tought and I can say I could keep up with most of the advance talkings as well...I know your just busting on me :roll: for some laughs...but this is the best forum for EV bikes and well I will put up with it couse I like it here that much :D "Vis" aint got jack on our forum here...couse at least on this forum thread fight end up with ideas and concepts and welll "Vis" just forum fights just end up in crap aditudes a and nothing gained :x

LoL, but today I had two bikes break down on me....5 machanical failures.....so at least you gave me a laugh, thanks man :mrgreen:

Link said:
Not sure if I picked the right price range, 'cause your inequality signs seem to be backwards...

I was kinda shocked when I added up the parts value for my bike and came to a total of like $1,300, not including the crap I bought because I needed to make something for it. Plus dozens (maybe even hundreds) of hours of my time.

yeah, I'm looking at a heat gun, a better wire stripper, new crimping tool, and digital multi meter. (my table saw long ago paid for itself ;). I've already spent about $25 on a conformal coating and non-corrosive RTV silicone when I already had nail polish and bath tub caulk. This week I'm after a marine or aircraft grade anti-corrosive coating for inside the hub motor but wondering if linseed oil instead might not work as well.

Silicone tape, cable clamps, extra washers, misc. ss hardware, a couple of water resistant boxes as candidates for protecting the controller, upgraded inner tube and kevlar liner, valve hole adapter for the Schrader drilled Crystalyte rim, new chains, larger 2nd hand chain ring and a new tire cost roughly another $120 bucks. I bought some glass cloth ($20) for battery boxes but the epoxy and paint will cost another $90 or more. And I haven't even finished the bike.

I've already dropped $1617.00 at Justin's shop. Though I bought and paid for the batteries in late May, I've yet to receive them. Oddly, I'm in no rush. They were purchased before reading this forum and I've since decided to upgrade my original order from 36 to 48v. I'll do that Saturday when the store is again open.. Dealing with a reputable B&M store I feel secure having put money up-front to get a good deal. ($100 off to match a gimme cheque from the government) I'll gladly wait for my battery packs to pass QC if other customers are in a rush.

There may be other places to get materials and equipment cheaper but I'd rather deal with local merchants and support their endeavours. I live in a metropolitan area so less dependant on online sellers. There are two independent electronic hobbyist shops within a stone's throw of <ebikes.ca> aka, The Renaissance Bicycle Company.
Who could ask for more!

Back