• fictional character

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • none

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

truckerzero

100 W
which horse is your money on mcain or obama

discussion is incourage but PLEASE no use of weapons that will cause serious bodily harm
or loss of large quantitys of blood( i know im a party pooper) :lol:

Hmm, I'm gonna have to go with mah boi the King of Hyrule.

Link_Mah_Boi_by_zephyrcape.jpg

That old Ganon's no match for the king! :D

If I really had to ride one, it'd be Sarah; but it don't look like anyone has been nailin' Palin... her kids are the frisky ones.

The news is, bookies are giving odds that Palin gets dumped. We'll see how she does on the rostrum...

A quick look at an electoral map of the US shows just what a battle Obama has ahead of him. Not to mention he's black...

Couple that with the typical American on the streets knowledge of the issues and it is anyone's guess. I saw a news show last night and the reporter was asking folks on the street, who McCains running mate was. In one case, the lady stood for a minute then looked at the reporter and said" "Obama?" :roll:

I guess Obama can take it if he can get folks to vote that historically never seem to vote, like young people and minorities. But, he will have to really motivate these people somehow. Even though someone is very popular online and on blogs and can even aquire massive funding, is no guarantee that these same folks will register and then get off their asses, parting with the computer for 30 minutes or so to place a vote.

We can see that Internet support is not an indicator of an actual vote when the time comes, if we take a look at Ron Paul and his failed campaign.

The thing that scares me are the "one issue" voters that make a decision for that reason only and can't look at the big picture. I know someone that will vote Republican, simply due to his views on gun control. :(

Attachments

• Electoral Map.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 2,667
EMF said:
I saw a news show last night and the reporter was asking folks on the street, who McCains running mate was. In one case, the lady stood for a minute then looked at the reporter and said" "Obama?" :roll:

It's pretty shocking how ignorant the average US citizen is. Ever watch Jay Leno's "Jay Walking"? For the longest time I thought that was all staged.. I mean could people really be that stupid?!? Guess so. :shock:

In my household this was the take we had back in the spring:

Obama vs. Hillary - Long and drawn, but hopeful that Obama would eventually win the nomination, but Hillary would, in the process, split the Democratic party wherein McCain would pick up some Hillary supporters come election time and win the Presidency by a narrow margin. Now that he somewhat shrewdly picked a woman as veep he'll get even more Hillary supporters simply because Palin is a woman. :roll: Even more shrewd is announcing Palin's 17 year old pregnant daughter... McCain just picked up the entire Jamie Lynn/Brittany Spears/Dancing With the Stars/American Idiot demographic in one fell swoop. It's such a sad, sad sappy time to live in the US. I used to have so much pride growing up as a kid... wanted to go fly Harrier jump jets in the Marines. Now I just want to learn Norwegian and leave the country. *sigh*

Is it a fool's belief to hope that Obama could win... let alone actually change anything?

I don't know if this represents the average citizen in the US, but there are definately some folks out there that are not aware of their surroundings.

I watched the Republican convention last night and noticed, they are playing up the patriotism card again, so if you vote against McCain- then you are voting against the vets, the terrorists win etc.

Anyways, I will absolutely be watching Palin tonight. This will be a good chance to see what she is all about....

If you want to "know what she is about", look at her history, not what the RNC has scripted for her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

That skirt pics a fake too.

Here's the pic where the head was cropped from- http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.museumofhoaxes.com/sarahpalin_real.jpg

DAMN! Now I don't know who the hell to vote for again! :lol:

Edit: This just in over at Digg! LOL Mic's still on and "commentators" didn't know it! *kekekekekeke* BTW- these are CONSERVATIVES that were singing Palins praises when they knew they were on the air. :mrgreen:
[youtube]CrG8w4bb3kg[/youtube]

I think the republican strategists are trying to pit Obama against Palin and keep McCain above the fray - to make him seem some sort of no-brainer for the office of President. If you think about it, all her negative points draw attention to Obamas same perceived weaknesses. Plus, they have this "hands off" crap going on because she's a woman! And McCain is a POW so you can't say anything bad about him, without prefacing it with he is a hero first.

This seems to be a even more diabolical strategy than when Kerry ran against Bush. Because this time, you have the top of the Democratic ticket, being compared to the #2 of the Republican- it's brilliant. I'm seeing Mr. Rove in this...

When Kerry ran, he chose Edwards and immediately comparisons were drawn and arguments ensued over the qualifications of both Vice presidential candidates. Who was less qualified, who was the mot "green". I think they learned from that and now have paired up a headache for Obama... :shock: Leaving McCain footloose and fancy free whilst his #2 battles it out with the Democrats.

The great white hunter Palin is really a decoy.

EMF said:
Even the signs are made for them... every aspect of the convention seems controlled.

Hi,

By who? Check this out (scary):
Report: Secretive Right-Wing Group Vetted McCain’s VP Candidate Sarah Palin
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/9/2/report_secretive_right_wing_group_vetted

AMY GOODMAN: Talk about, Max, the Council for National Policy, the story that you broke.

MAX BLUMENTHAL: Well, this is the larger issue, which is, you know, what role Sarah Palin would play in a potential McCain administration? And last week in Minneapolis at the Radisson Hotel, without any media present, the most powerful power brokers of the Christian right met and essentially vetted Sarah Palin. They were there to watch her speech accepting her selection as the vice-presidential candidate. And they were delighted.

The only way I found out about this meeting is through a web video posted by the Christian right organization Focus on the Family, in which they discussed attending the meeting. One of James Dobson’s spokesmen discussed attending the meeting and being electrified by the selection of Sarah Palin. The Christian right absolutely loves this woman. And so—and what I wrote in my article is that the Council for National Policy is sort of the hidden hand behind the selection.

EMF said:
Edit: This just in over at Digg! LOL Mic's still on and "commentators" didn't know it! *kekekekekeke* BTW- these are CONSERVATIVES that were singing Palins praises when they knew they were on the air. :mrgreen:
The wires are picking up on this... :lol:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080903/pl_politico/20576

that electoral map shows more blue state electorals than red so as usual it comes down to the people in swing states on the bubble and hopfully obama can swing them our way
but i will be honest if macain/ palin get elected im predicting that energy will get a front seat and things wont be as bad as with the bush administration but i think
the economy will do much better under obama and so will energy
i do think obama needs to embrace drilling and natural gas more even if its only a temporary fix till alternatives get a better foot hold

Back