What's in your lab?

What relevant electronic equipment do you have?

• CD/Spot welder

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Spectrum Analyser

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Adjustable Power Supply

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Sweep/Function generator

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Oscilloscope

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Multimeter

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • Microcontroller(s)

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Various resistors, capacitors, diodes, mosfets and other passive/active discrete components.

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Computer

Votes: 40 90.9%

• Total voters
Bottom four. I only don't YET have an adjustable power supply, oscilloscope, or spot welder. :wink:

You forgot:

Hammer
Fire extinguisher

New discovery: JB weld is magnetic.

Welder, brazing equip, spot welder, soldering equipment, and various meters. Next up is a silly scope and a variable PS.

My spectrum analyzer is broken, so it only counts as a pile of components. :cry:

How about a huge pile of dead batteries?

TylerDurden said:
You forgot:

Hammer
Fire extinguisher

New discovery: JB weld is magnetic.

Yeah, I've got those too. :)

I'm still a bottom 4; need a scope soon I think. I guess I DO have adjustable power supplies, but I'm the adjuster, on various pots and dimmers and with series connections.

I have a 12v, 1a power supply I built 30 years ago when I was 15, and it still works well. Love the 7812 ! :)

My wall outlets are my best "power supplies"; nice and strong; up to 15 amps with pretty good voltage reg... :)

I REALLY need to update my garage "lab". Been out of electronics and building stuff for way too long.

I've always made do with what I have; I think being able to do that is many times more important than a fully stocked lab.

Mebbe I'll build my own digital scope; low frequency A->D but that'd be fine for most of my current needs.

Please can you add Flux capacitor? :mrgreen:

it's me that noted the Spectrum analyzer.. a Audiocontrol SA3055 with the SPL 180dB upgrade :twisted:

SA3055.jpg

Doc

nutsandvolts said:
I have a... a surface mount soldering oven (benchtop, infrared heat, fan cooling, programmable temperature profiles)

*drools*

I'm now getting an oscilloscope! A tektronix 2235. You wouldn't believe how much time an oscilloscope would've saved me in identifying a silly problem I had with my microcontroller. I suddenly realized at that point that multimeters aren't as versatile as far as my applications have developed.

Back