• 35 miles (56km)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 40 miles (64km)

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

Vim

10 W
Round off to the closest one.

I'm curious to see how lame my average ride is compared to others. I'm just a pleasure cruiser myself. Mine is around 10 miles average :oops: , but if the weather is nice and I've got the time I'll do 15 -20. That's as far as I want to push my 10ah battery.

Average Ride? All of mine have been outstanding!

In the 70 days I've been buzzed, the CA has racked up 1102 km. That averages out to 15.7 kilometers per day.
Last week was 85 km ridden, on one charge, in 5 days. That averages out to 17 km per day. At that rate I'll get two more days out of this charge.

So, figure riding 60 days out of seventy the average trip would be 18.4 km and that sounds about right considering my usual destinations.
There's been a few days I've ridden more than thirty kilometers.

On bad rain days le Béte stays in and I ride one of my other bikes.
Some nice days I've ridden another bike just for the fun of it. After riding the overweight Xtracycle even my winter joe-bike feels nimble.

Zoot Katz said:
Average Ride? All of mine have been outstanding!
/thread

Since finding out that my 10ah battery is truly 7ah, it's been about 5-7 miles one way. And then 5-7 miles the way back.

It's early yet, but there are two things about this poll that have completely taken me by surprise.
First, that it's taken this long for someone to think of it. (slaps forehead)
This should have been like the second or third poll after 'how fast do yo go?'

Which leads me to the second surprise is that there's only one other individual (to this point) that travels farther than I do.
And according to the speed poll I have the second slowest ebike here along with equally bottom of the heap tiny 8 Ah NiMH battery.
With all the talk of mega speed & hi-power huge tank Li I just presumed most everyone else was well over 20 miles per trip.

I marked 15 miles because "ride" means pleasure use, however most grocery or other trips are about 10 miles.

The longest ride on one charge with minimal pedalling was just over 45 km's.

i love how are commutes are all relativly low .. and we need battery power .. i think we are just lazy to peddle .. including me

Most of my rides are pretty short errands. College is the longest one I do on a regular basis.

When I figured on a battery for my bike, I did not want to have to worry about running out of juice. I bought a battery that would work for my most extreme ride. I may only go the maximum distance a couple of times a year, but it's nice not have to think about limitations on distance.

Deron.

steveo said:
i love how are commutes are all relativly low .. and we need battery power .. i think we are just lazy to peddle .. including me
i commute to two hospitals. the one i'm at most of the time is 1.22 miles away by my back-roads route. it's also 250 ft higher in elevation. could i do this on a regular bike? sure: i did it for years on a road bike, even when i lived much farther away. given that i sold my car and that i often have to be at the hospital at 5:15 or 5:30 AM i added electric assist for convenience and sanity, not out of necessity. hell, i could walk there... it's just nicer to make the trip on an electric bike instead.

I marked 64 km. I ride my bike into work which is 31 km each way.

A great follow-on survey to hold with this one is how many kWh do you carry?

I've got 2 x (36 V x 8 Ah) NiCds, so I'm running 0.576 kWh, and recharge at work.

Too bad I can't revise my entry cos I am now up to about 38-50 miles 5 days/week. <sigh>
~KF

Back