Open source multi RC motors electronic control

Get the forum community involved in polls and surveys.

So now I'm here to survey how many of ES users can be interested in something like described:

I would like to use a system like this
No votes
I can contribute to the develop
50%
I'm not interested
50%

Total votes: 2

Torg
1 µW
1 µW

Open source multi RC motors electronic control

Post by Torg » Nov 29, 2016 6:07 am

Hi everyone!
First of all, thank to all the support of the endless-sphere community, you made my dream come true.
I'm the creator of Revolt (kck.st/2d3mGLr) I didn't reach the goal but was a big success, I found some investors ready to put all the money but the price to pay is to lose the control on the product.
So I'm thinking a different way to continue the develop, I would like to put everything online in an open source - open hardware community. Probably paramotor pilots skilled in electronic and programming are not enough but probably the software/electronics I'm developing can be useful even for e-riders.
Especially after seen some extreme multi motor build (look at the 42kw setup https://youtu.be/HWCTL492rq0).
Personally I think that multi motors have vantages than the single motor setup. Because is modular, cheaper and phisically convenient.

So this are the main goals for the electronic/software:
-cheapest
-from 1 to 8 sectors (sector is battery+esc+motor)
-for each sector monitor battery temperature, current, voltage for each cell, rpm
-configurable with custom maximum voltage, minimum voltage, maximum voltage drop (IR), constant current, peak current, maximum time for peak current etc...
-display everything on the smartphone

Until here it everything is done and it works, I would like to develop:

-the software analyze the value and give you alarm if something is going not well
-after some time, if you don't reduce the power or something, the software will reduce the power automatically
-make impossible to arm the motors or limit the power if the IR is too much (batteries gone)
-(open to any feature request)
Attachments
15208054_10211289910025567_152810363_n.jpg
App interface for 4 sectors
15208054_10211289910025567_152810363_n.jpg (44.13 KiB) Viewed 278 times