Open source multi RC motors electronic control

So now I'm here to survey how many of ES users can be interested in something like described:

• I would like to use a system like this

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I can contribute to the develop

• I'm not interested

• Total voters

Torg

1 µW
Hi everyone!
First of all, thank to all the support of the endless-sphere community, you made my dream come true.
I'm the creator of Revolt (kck.st/2d3mGLr) I didn't reach the goal but was a big success, I found some investors ready to put all the money but the price to pay is to lose the control on the product.
So I'm thinking a different way to continue the develop, I would like to put everything online in an open source - open hardware community. Probably paramotor pilots skilled in electronic and programming are not enough but probably the software/electronics I'm developing can be useful even for e-riders.
Especially after seen some extreme multi motor build (look at the 42kw setup https://youtu.be/HWCTL492rq0).
Personally I think that multi motors have vantages than the single motor setup. Because is modular, cheaper and phisically convenient.

So this are the main goals for the electronic/software:
-cheapest
-from 1 to 8 sectors (sector is battery+esc+motor)
-for each sector monitor battery temperature, current, voltage for each cell, rpm
-configurable with custom maximum voltage, minimum voltage, maximum voltage drop (IR), constant current, peak current, maximum time for peak current etc...
-display everything on the smartphone

Until here it everything is done and it works, I would like to develop:

-the software analyze the value and give you alarm if something is going not well
-after some time, if you don't reduce the power or something, the software will reduce the power automatically
-make impossible to arm the motors or limit the power if the IR is too much (batteries gone)
-(open to any feature request)

Attachments

• 15208054_10211289910025567_152810363_n.jpg
    15208054_10211289910025567_152810363_n.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,633
Back