Modern boardtrack-inspired cruiser build

I noticed that you have long cranks. I have a lay back seat post so I drilled, and tapped shorter crank arms from 175 mm to about 135 mm for more comfortable feet position and I also went from 26 inch bicycle rims to 19 inch prowheel motocross rims so shorter cranks also keeps the pedals higher off the ground.

closeup.jpg

i might just transfer most of the stuff over to a new larger stretched out frame. Just wanted to see if there was any interest.

still considering selling this without the battery, but will provide contact for manufacturer of the battery if desired. ive received some interest, just need to add up my investment and come up with a reasonable asking price. ill keep everyone posted

danjpendleton said:
I am considering selling this bike because its a bit small for me. Id hate to part it out. Any interest?

Just sell the frame and battery bag Dan, then transfer everything onto a Porucho =)
How tall are you?

That was actually the frame i had in mind. im a little concerned on battery mounting though. Might be able to mount in the small triangle above the bb

danjpendleton said:
That was actually the frame i had in mind. im a little concerned on battery mounting though. Might be able to mount in the small triangle above the bb

Ive only used the upper tank area for the controller etc, to keep the weight down low. Ive placed my battery case in that rear triangle. Welded in a brace plate between the chainstays. battery case sits on that and then clamps to the seat tube.

( My first Post)
WOW great Build wish i had 0f found it earlier. I just bought this frame off SamD to build an almost identical bike after seeing the Vintage Electric Bikes ( and he put me onto this thread ) but not having the funds for that beautiful machine.
Really keen to start my build probably going to go with the Edge 1500w motor and infineon controller as well. Thanks so much for the tips and great pics of your bike.

Steve

Back