Added suspension, FS custom cruiser

Yeah, pretty sloppy. Sometimes I'll write an email for work and realise(realize?) I've used mixed spellings in it. I've been here a decade now.

P.S Sounds like you're fairly gentle on the Cro. Does it get blankets and cuddles at night too? :) I'll be looking forward to cooking eggs on mine.

thewmatusmoloki said:
BTW whats with you Canadian Aussies spelling tyre as tyre and not tire, You're slipping dude, and getting an aussie accent............. :p

IMG_0152.JPGView attachment 2Yeah it's coming along kinda slowly recently.
Seeing as how I carelessly blew up the 18 fet Lyen controller I decided to put the Hua Tong controller on just to keep it going until the EM3ev 18 fet Infineon gets here. I've had it for years sitting in the drawer and it only cost 35 bucks, don't really care if it blows but surprisingly it seems to be holding up very well at 100 v.

If I finish this bike completely I'll prolly get a bit bored.

BTW got a new man's best friend from the animal welfare league, this is Bronnie , 5 years old, half Labrador half Rottweiler, abandoned by her previous owners and given a new home by me.
She's a real sweetie, doesn't bark, very gentle and friendly and way overweight but I'll soon fix that, she's lost 1.5 kgs in the last 3 weeks, lots of walks and good diet seems to be the go. my girl bronnie.JPG
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 2,304
6.5k! Geez, it'd certainly want to be bigger on the inside for that price!
Obviously they've gone to a tonne of effort to build this, why couldn't they put the door handles or windows (right hand door) level ?!

This is an amazing co-incidence that you should post this. Just last night I was reading that the doctor who crew were doing a world tour and would be coming to Sydney shortly. I wondered if they'd bring a tardis prop and if so thought it'd be cool to get a pic of one of my ebikes next to it. And then not even 24 hours later, you post exactly that. Incredible alignment of the force. Err, wrong scifi franchise... :p

It was built by an elderly gent that very closely resembles Santa Claus. He lives a couple of kays away from me and seems to make a living by selling comic books.
Not sure what's going on with the right hand door, it was perfect about a month ago but the guy lives at an intersection on a pretty busy road so possibly could be vandalism....

Yeah 6.5k is pretty steep alright. I haven't yet seen inside it but if it comes with a red-haired Scottish assistant it could be worth haggling.

Hyena said:
This is an amazing co-incidence that you should post this.:p

Hey, I built a black and gold bike at the same time as you without knowing you were and now the Tardis thing.... Freaky ! :shock:

thewmatusmoloki said:
I haven't yet seen inside it but if it comes with a red-haired Scottish assistant it could be worth haggling.
If it comes with either of his last 2 assistants I'd pay in full :lol:

Hey, I built a black and gold bike at the same time as you without knowing you were and now the Tardis thing.... Freaky ! :shock:
Oh yeah I forgot about that too!
I'm about to start work on a sweet new high powered raptor 140 build. I'm guessing we won't be doing that in parallel given I'm the Aussie distributor for them I haven't heard from you :lol:

Yep, looks like no parallel development this time mate. I love ebikes but just don't seem to have as much dollars or time to spend on it as you. Good luck with it though.

Besides, I'm totally happy with this build and it's still running exceptionally well after thousands of kays, haven't yet had so much as even a flat tyre !

Definitely not taking anything away from your new build. (which is great). But an off road bike prolly should have some kind of mid mount motor imo.

Cheers, and I really hope your back gets better soon.

P.S If your ever on the gold coast, shoot me a PM. I'd love to have a meet & greet with the ebike LEGEND of Sydney.

Even we in the states know the Doctor has Companions, not assistants.
Neet bike too.
otherDoc

double diss
otherDoc

Hmmmm........apparently you are right. My wife who knows everything Whooish says that when John Pertwee was with UNIT he was assigned an "assistant" who she thinks is Sara Jane.
otherDoc

Recently put together a bike for a mate's girlfriend, can't get these frames anymore, so it's the end of an era..chopper ebike (1).JPGchopper ebike (2).JPGView attachment 5chopper ebike (4).JPGchopper ebike (6).JPGchopper ebike (7).JPGchopper ebike (7).JPGchopper ebike (8).JPG It was a pretty rusty old frame , so it took half a day of sanding back to start with, came up pretty good though. Took about a week to work out all the bugs (as it does).

Just a 12 fet Infineon turned down to 20 amp draw and a 3 year old 10 amp/hr headway with an old sanny kung 28mm motor. It goes surprising well with a top speed of 58kph.

I snapped the axle on my cromotor. I guess 10mm is just not thick enough metal for the torque that these motors can deliver with my 90kg on the bike. This was a few months ago the rust has happened since it's been out of the cover.View attachment 1broken axle.JPGAs a replacement, I've bought one of these same motor's but with the 12mm axle that I think they are supposed to have, from the factory in china, much cheaper.
Due to my dropouts being so thick I can just grind them out to the correct size.

While the bike was off the road, I thought I'd check the cell balance, which I do bi-weekly anyway. They were all within .3 of a volt of each other even though they were getting on in age a bit by now, so all good there.

When I went to put the side cover screws back in, one of the lower batteries was not sitting correctly and got a screw driven in brushing the lower corner of one 8ah pack, a pretty spectacular lipo fire then ensued before I could get the cover back off and destroyed all the batteries, dc converter, all controller wiring on the 18 fet Infineon, all the ebike switches and wiring, several of the front wheel spokes and melted the front tyre and melted the throttle and handgrips.

Totally my fault and such a careless mistake will never happen again. Live and learn.

Hey Abraham. I, too, was at first quite baffled about the front wheel spokes going, being stainless steel and all but closer inspection revealed it was the nipples that melted. The rear wheel that you spoked up seems indestructible and is as good as ever.

Phoenix project ? Of course. Due to the time warping effect of the internet I'll be posting some pics of the rebuilt machine later today. 8)

It's been a year and a half since I got the custom seatpost electroplated, here's how it held up here on the coast ....seatpost.jpgNot real good.
I've had it replated and they only charged 40 bucks this time cause I kinda know them now. It's got a very thick layer of clear enamel on this time. Hope it holds up better.

Ok I'm back up and running again with modified motor covers, multistar 4s16ah batteries, new side covers, seat, throttle & grip, paint job and my re-furbished 18 fet 4115 EM3ev controller.

I'm quite surprised that the controller survived the fire as nearly every wire was burned clean off but I guess they are used to getting hot !

Repairing it and bringing it up to full specification was a lot more work than I first anticipated and I'm pretty sick of breathing solder smoke, especially when I didn't know if it would ever work again, happily it came back as good as new. I brought cruise control, reverse, regen on/off, Ignition, lights and 3 speed switch all up to the handlebars.

Also upgraded to the CA v3 as the v2 burned.dashboard.JPGI like the current based throttle, feel like smoother acceleration.

And Yes , I am obviously Jay Garrick the original flash but without the wing's on my helmet shadow !

The 203mm brake discs had become rusty and the original Hygia hydraulics were melted beyond use.

So it's a new set of fancy 203 discs and some Zoom hydro brakes that I got from aliexpress for just 75 bucks delivered ! They seem to work quite well and can lock either wheel.
The regen on this bike is very strong so the brakes get it easy most of the time.looking south.JPGView attachment 7pacific ocean.JPGView attachment 5View attachment 4the broadwater.JPGthe spit.JPGtiny bike.JPGVMRtower.JPG

Back