Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

I'm drilling holes right now to fit the controller, and to get the controller cables through. In the meantime, here's some pics

Rix said:
That helmet is off the hook

Helmet is Shark Raw. It is not that good actually. I got mine as a replacement for a stolen Shoei RYD.
The best thing about the Shark Raw are the goggles, dual pane and no fog problems. It is a open face helmet. For the price you get much better open face helmets or full facing helmets that actually protects your jaw and face in a crash. The Ryd I had before had good ventilation the Raw was like putting you head into a rubber ball. And to make it worse if you forgot about the removable! ventilation block (yeah you need to physically remove it from helmet to let in air) and it started to rain, cold rainwater would find its way into the helmet. At least then you know you forgot to close ventilation, and you have to pull over, look in all pockets for that damn ventilation block and then ride home with a wet helmet.

Stay clear is my 2 cents.

macribs said:
Rix said:
That helmet is off the hook

Helmet is Shark Raw. It is not that good actually. I got mine as a replacement for a stolen Shoei RYD.
The best thing about the Shark Raw are the goggles, dual pane and no fog problems. It is a open face helmet. For the price you get much better open face helmets or full facing helmets that actually protects your jaw and face in a crash. The Ryd I had before had good ventilation the Raw was like putting you head into a rubber ball. And to make it worse if you forgot about the removable! ventilation block (yeah you need to physically remove it from helmet to let in air) and it started to rain, cold rainwater would find its way into the helmet. At least then you know you forgot to close ventilation, and you have to pull over, look in all pockets for that damn ventilation block and then ride home with a wet helmet.

Stay clear is my 2 cents.

The reason I like this helmet is it reminds me of the old school helmets with googles and face mask I rode with back in the 70s and 80s before full face was the thing. This helmet looks like a modern adaption of that. Totally agree with you the function is not as good as a cheap full face MX helmet, but it just looks cool IMO>

Attachments

• Old School MX.jpg
    Old School MX.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,367
Cricket_Swe said:
I'm drilling holes right now to fit the controller, and to get the controller cables through. In the meantime, here's some pics

[u

Looking great Swede! BTW, thats one of the very first Alpha frames. I based that on the drop out. Or did FUTR change back to that drop out? You have some very sweet components on your Alpha. I can see you spared no expense and went with some of the finest stuff. All that said, I also see you went with motor wheels front and rear, very tough, and the cool/tough factor will add to the appearance.

Cricket your build is awesome.
Those brakes and rotors look mighty expensive also :shock: and your hub motor has a mohawk haha! Do we get to see any riding vids once it's complete? I plan on buying a bike rack to haul around my beta once I'm done.

Just looked again and I'm curious which rear shock do you have on the frame?

Also I'll just add this to this post...
We all like wires right?
M6sVslx.jpg

I need new a new cable for the rear mech. It's currently to short for the housing.

Rix said:
Looking great Swede! BTW, thats one of the very first Alpha frames. I based that on the drop out. Or did FUTR change back to that drop out? You have some very sweet components on your Alpha. I can see you spared no expense and went with some of the finest stuff. All that said, I also see you went with motor wheels front and rear, very tough, and the cool/tough factor will add to the appearance

Thanks Rix! It's one of the first. I bought it used here on the forum although it had never been used by the previous owner. His build never took off so it's in New condition.

Some of the component used:

Rockshox Domain RC dual crown fork

Rockshox Kage RC rear shock with 400lbs spring

Adaptto Max-E controller

Hope Tech 3 V4 brakes front and rear with 203mm Vented Hope discs

Domino throttle

QS 205 motor with ferrofluid and hubsinks

JtHaas said:
Cricket your build is awesome.
Those brakes and rotors look mighty expensive also and your hub motor has a mohawk haha! Do we get to see any riding vids once it's complete?

Thank you! The brakes are indeed expensive! But a very valuable part of the bike! And yes, you'll see some videos once the bike is complete. That will probably take some time though. I don't have as much spare time as I would like at the moment, but I aim to be finished with the physical stuff by new year, and then it is the programming of the Adaptto left. But only time can tell...

Oh yes, now this I'm actually quite proud of, look how nicely this turned out! When drilling the hole for the controller cables I used first a 4mm drill bit then a 12mm. After that I used a Dremel with rough sand paper to open it up further. And then rubber grommet of course.

It was a pretty good circle. I failed to take a picture of it but you might still get to see it because I just realized I don't have any on/off wires on my controller. So I'm gonna have to do a tear down and solder some on, following these instructions

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&p=1014809&hilit=off#p1014809

Cricket_Swe said:
It was a pretty good circle. I failed to take a picture of it but you might still get to see it because I just realized I don't have any on/off wires on my controller. So I'm gonna have to do a tear down and solder some on, following these instructions

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&p=1014809&hilit=off#p1014809

Didn't mean to put you on the spot I only ask because my circle is atrocious and I'm too embarassed to post any photos of it. I got the hole about centered where I want it though now so maybe I will just find my step drill bit or buy another one to run the wires through smoother. There's no gromet in mine currently and I really like the way yours looks.
It looks so incredibly clean with the controller mounted to the outside of the frame. Especially with how nice the controller looks as well.
From the inside your build will look 1,000,000 times better than my simple jumble of wires but I can live with that. On the outside you've got me beat on the brake rotors, I want those floating disc...

That looks like a headache. I'm using a generic controller so I have to ask why do you need the on/off switch for the controller by itself?

JtHaas said:
I have to ask why do you need the on/off switch for the controller by itself?

My controller has no on/off switch built in, this means my controller will always be on as long as it's connected to the battery. So my controller will slowly deplete my battery when the bike is not in use. That's why I want the switch so I can properly turn it off with the key in my alpha frame.

JtHaas said:
my circle is atrocious and I'm too embarassed to post any photos of it

Lol, no offence but that made me laugh, sounded so funny. It was pretty easy for me with the sand paper attachment, it's pretty large as well wich helps. Maybe you used a more rough/small attachment or started the Dremel with a smaller hole?

JtHaas said:
It looks so incredibly clean

Thank you! That's what I'm going for. It's a lot more work than I'd imagined but I'm enjoying it, and that's what counts!

Finished just today - ebike #2.

Well nearly. The seat is from an Electra Cruiser which became ebike #1 and will need to be changed eventually. It has no chain or tensioner yet, nor rubber grommets on the holes I added on the battery cover. I used a dremel to enlarge a couple other holes too so the waterproof plugs I’ve used for the motor wiring fit. And the Magura mt5e have red HIGO pins whereas the controller troller has yellow plugs (or vice versus), I’m going to try and make up a harness to get the ebrake switch to cut the cruise.

So it’s nearly done but I’m still going to ride it to work tomorrow (chainless hahah) as a shakedown ride. The motor is 4yo EM3ev 9C clone with a 40A Infineon controller and the pack is now 14S8P 25R cells. It’s modest by today’s standards but totally adequate for bike path commenting in my city.

I couldnt solder before starting this project. I’ve learnt a lot...

B71D8D45-32A1-44D5-A1FC-92BB6C6EF2F8.jpegD8BB0BB2-AAEF-4570-966D-5DCDB3277B19.jpegC2B453CE-3E07-498D-9E60-41C4486A229D.jpeg

JtHaas said:
Gotta question. You drilled into the side cover and put the charge port there Perth. How do you remove the side panels now?
If it's like my Phasor: charge port to connector, connector to battery. You unscrew the panel, disconnect the connectors, take panel off.

Perth_ebiker said:

Well nearly. The seat is from an Electra Cruiser which became ebike #1 and will need to be changed eventually. It has no chain or tensioner yet, nor rubber grommets on the holes I added on the battery cover. I used a dremel to enlarge a couple other holes too so the waterproof plugs I’ve used for the motor wiring fit. And the Magura mt5e have red HIGO pins whereas the controller troller has yellow plugs (or vice versus), I’m going to try and make up a harness to get the ebrake switch to cut the cruise.

So it’s nearly done but I’m still going to ride it to work tomorrow (chainless hahah) as a shakedown ride. The motor is 4yo EM3ev 9C clone with a 40A Infineon controller and the pack is now 14S8P 25R cells. It’s modest by today’s standards but totally adequate for bike path commenting in my city.

B71D8D45-32A1-44D5-A1FC-92BB6C6EF2F8.jpegD8BB0BB2-AAEF-4570-966D-5DCDB3277B19.jpegC2B453CE-3E07-498D-9E60-41C4486A229D.jpeg

Thats a nice build, dont short yourself on the fun factor of a lower powered build. I have owned the Bomber, Fighter, Alpha, Beta and a P7 with another Alpha build coming down the pipe. As of date, my 1100watt P7 is one of my favorites.

PRW said:
JtHaas said:
Gotta question. You drilled into the side cover and put the charge port there Perth. How do you remove the side panels now?
If it's like my Phasor: charge port to connector, connector to battery. You unscrew the panel, disconnect the connectors, take panel off.

My charging cables was soldered directly to the charge port. I'll go get more push on crimps in that case. I like that concept more then having to reach under the frame to charge the battery.

I only run 1500-2000 watts through my little bmc v4 and it's great. If I want to run more I'll definitely just switch the motor though. My v4 is still in really good shape and I plan on keeping it that way.

JtHaas said:

The side panel was pre drilled actually - it came like that. All I’ve done is mount an XLR chassis plug to the panel which has a short pigtail and a pair of Anderson’s, which in turn connects to the Andersons on the battery. Exactly like PRW describes, very simple and quick.

So to remove the side cover after unbolting it, I just need the unplug the andersons to allow the panel/ XLR socket to be completely removed. It does mean I have 2 connections between the charger and battery but I don’t feel that’s a problem.

Rix said:
Perth_ebiker said:

Thats a nice build, dont short yourself on the fun factor of a lower powered build. I have owned the Bomber, Fighter, Alpha, Beta and a P7 with another Alpha build coming down the pipe. As of date, my 1100watt P7 is one of my favorites.

Thanks Rix. It’s a daily commuter - I have a fairly flat 17 km (34return) journey along a bike path from home to work and this is by far the quickest way. Morning traffic causes the freeway to grind to a halt and the train requires walking to and from the station. I’ve clocked up 3000km in last 86 cycles from memory which means I am on track to do about 8000km a year. My old bike had full mudguards which worked well in the rain - not sure how this will go.

I get such a buzz out of riding the ebike - I don’t miss my motorcycles at all and this is much safer and amenable to my wife and young family.

I don’t miss my motorcycles at all and this is much safer and amenable to my wife and young family.

Funny you say that, same here. Dont' get me wrong, if I didn't have ebikes in my stable, I would have something with a gas motor and two wheels.

Finally assembled the Beta as a bicycle only and gave it a test ride. Pleasantly surprised about being able to ride it uphill 8)

Damn I've missed DH/Enduro geo. Now to finish off designing/assembling the battery and electrifying the beast! :twisted:

Progress!! Just soldered the wires for the on/off button directly in the circuit board of my Adaptto. Now the key works!

https://youtu.be/-ZGhGFM_DXA

(How do you make a YouTube video work on here)

Back