Stealth Bomber goes Adaptto at 12kW

For my purpose of 15Amps (max. A for my energy socket+the loos of energy from my charger), I am using this one:

(It gets produced from a german company, as far as I know)
88.jpg

88_1.jpg

madin88 said:
If i now take the full current from my EATON (about 1730W, 33A), and charging an empty battery for an hour or longer, i almost burn my fingers on the connector and the wire also gets quite hot.

I had exactly that same situation.

Using this one with 8 contacts 4 for positive and 4 for negative should solve the problem?
nlt8mp.jpg

id say it would, but have only used the 4 pole, 40A(highest rated) version. i got the black anodised socket version to match my nyx :wink:
the are several versions of these plugs, just have to make sure you get the right one and no dry joints in soldering.
i have no probs with the 4 pole, silver plated copper one, using eaton at the same output and time ad maddin said, ~1730w/33A gets warm, not hot.

bigbore said:
Using this one with 8 contacts 4 for positive and 4 for negative should solve the problem?
nlt8mp.jpg

together with 1800W 48V PSU?
Absolutely!, but the wire gauge also is important. I use 4-pole wires as 2x2 because the diameter is smaller and it isn't that bulky.
Dual 2,5mm² or 13AWG is still sketchy from my experience..
with 2x 12AWG it should be safe (even with the 4-plole Speakon i would say than).

Where do I get these mudguards from? They look awesome!

bigbore said:
What about if a make the molds to replicate the mudguards out of pre-preg carbon fiber? Anybody willing to buy some?

maybe the kickstand is more demanding ? will be good if you make some for sale

so you buy Bomber for what USD 8000
and modify it to the point it is completely different ebike?
BTW this Bomber originally built-in Cycle Analyst tiny is outright dangerous to look at it at speeds.

miro13car said:
so you buy Bomber for what USD 8000
and modify it to the point it is completely different ebike?
BTW this Bomber originally built-in Cycle Analyst tiny is outright dangerous to look at it at speeds.

I do not understand what you mean but the good thing is that I forgot to reply to BCTECH and you reminded me of it

BCTECH said:
bigbore said:
What about if a make the molds to replicate the mudguards out of pre-preg carbon fiber? Anybody willing to buy some?

maybe the kickstand is more demanding ? will be good if you make some for sale

We already talked about the kickstand in pm back in 2015 and I remember you told me you have a Qulbix raptor 140 hence the Bomber kickstand won't fit. If you only need the carbon crutch and you make the other parts to mount on the raptor I can calculate what it could cost.

really people will pay USD10,000 FOR THAT?
It uses maybe modified but more or less China brand motor which costs ??
Again this CycleAnalist built into battery box is in wrong place /should be on handlebar/
, imagine looking down there at 40mph? - crazy

miro13car said:
really people will pay USD10,000 FOR THAT?
It uses maybe modified but more or less China brand motor which costs ??
Again this CycleAnalist built into battery box is in wrong place /should be on handlebar/
, imagine looking down there at 40mph? - crazy

FYI, the new DC1 thats been out for several years now, is much bigger than the CA V2 and easily visible. Also, Stealth is selling machines for 10K+ because they are good machines, and Stealth has a great warranty which they stand behind as long as there are no mods to the bike. The current Bomber goes 60MPH, not 40MPH. The Bomber this thread is referencing is a 2011-2012 model. Thats 6-7 years ago. Anyway, I thought you should be brought up to date.

I did not have a problem to look down at 50mph, depending on the road.
And why is 10k a crazy price for a turn key bike that does 50mph and with the same design for about 10 years now still looks better than most of the bikes out there?
Back in the days, these bikes were basically unique, you could not find anything better.
I may agree that China is upon us now and can make better bikes at a lower price. But in all honesty, Bombers are still unique and you cannot find anything similar with its power/top speed and vboxx and don't forget the looks.
I doubt you can build such a bike cheaper, if you do it will either lack the power or the looks.

Allex said:
I did not have a problem to look down at 50mph, depending on the road.
And why is 10k a crazy price for a turn key bike that does 50mph and with the same design for about 10 years now still looks better than most of the bikes out there?
Back in the days, these bikes were basically unique, you could not find anything better.
I may agree that China is upon us now and can make better bikes at a lower price. But in all honesty, Bombers are still unique and you cannot find anything similar with its power/top speed and vboxx and don't forget the looks.
I doubt you can build such a bike cheaper, if you do it will either lack the power or the looks.

not China can make better bikes at lower price but
people right on this forum can build bikes like bomber for half the price, that is why.

"Can build bikes like bomber for half the price"
SIMILAR but not like one, you have to agree on that one, because it will lack something a Bomber have.
I can build a house for half the price, does not mean I will do it.

Some want to just ride, some want to build, and for some, the box frames back in 2012 was not even available for building a bike.
Everybody modified existing MTB frames back in the days(and it looked horrible for most of the time) simply because nobody could offer an e-bike frame.

Of course I do build my own bikes as well, and even for the customers now when we actually have a few frame options out there:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71666&start=825#p1197334
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71666&start=1325#p1250252
Half the price, but no matter how you try it still not a Bomber so you have to understand that there is no right or wrong here.

I dont agree
what special electronics/electrical Bomber uses one cannot construct?
Again motor is China brand , of course they open it for mods , that is what DIY do also.
CAnalist any special?
controller? many are available to the public for the price.

miro13car said:
I dont agree
Again motor is China brand , of course they open it for mods , that is what DIY do also.
CAnalist any special?

people right on this forum can build bikes like bomber for half the price, that is why.

Ok, build one yourself and prove it to us. You say the bomber can be built for half the price, do it. I want to see this. I will concede that a good performing ebike can be built for half the price, but it wont' look cool like a bomber, or have a 9 speed gear box.

Rix said:
miro13car said:
I dont agree
CAnalist any special?

Ok, build one yourself and prove it to us. You say the bomber can be built for half the price, do it. I want to see this. I will concede that a good performing ebike can be built for half the price, but it wont' look cool like a bomber, or have a 9 speed gear box.

Yes, me too I’m chomping on the bit (é scritto bene Rix?) to see your Bomber copy with a V-Boxx! :mrgreen:

miro13car said:
I dont agree
CAnalist any special?

This is the problem with most DIY guys, they simply dont get that electronics is just one small part, one of the most important one is geometry. Try to ride a Stealth and then throw around a Vector/Enduro EEB frame(you know the clone of the vector that is a clone of the Stealth lmao) and see whats wrong with it.
Why do you think I choose to buy a Stealth frame at 1400USD and not the vector for 600?
Oh yeah dont forget the looks(ok this one is personal) and the vboxx.

Time to make an update of this thread :D
The last weekend I finished the assembly of a new battery for my Bomber. I used 280 cells 18650 Sony VTC6 3120mAh in the same configuration as before; 20S14P but I made some improvements on the connections thanks to the right advice from Allex.
20180628_123510.jpg

5_CE2_A6_EC-48_F6-4_A90-8_B82-1284483_BCE0_C.jpg

B1_A92_CDE-4_A81-4168-8651-183369_AFF310.jpg

[youtube]dMiwo4zzlII[/youtube]

The improvement I have achieved is amazing. These are the first stats:
1_DAEAC5_B-04_E0-4_DE6-836_F-_C441_C763827_B.jpg

77_AA5_D79-2_A82-4_C50-_B71_C-0_F66_FEA78_C5_A.jpg

The nominal values are 72V 43,68Ah 3145Wh and I have real life values at 92% of nominal: 40,3Ah 2894Wh :shock:

Back