E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

did a mock up of a mx seat in cardboard, looks sweet. I'm going to build it out of wood and take to a fabricator to replicate. going back and forth between boxed steel and tube frame.

I'll post pics once the rubber gets here (should be this week). Wheels are all trued up and ready to go on the bike. Mini-e controller came in the mail a couple weeks back. I'm down to a few last components. the big 2 being battery and charger.

more and more I'm thinking of scrapping the cranks and just putting mx style pegs on this thing. We'll see

korpin said:
well my phasor seems to go no faster than 45-50 mph . on 22 amps no matter how many amps I put in....HPC this is a high torque motor and it maxes out at about 2500 watts...do not really understand that but that's the way it goes....really starting to think mid drive is the way to go as long as I get up to 45 or 50 that's fine would love to climb better in dirt though...except for absolute speed on level ground what advantage does a hub drive have?.. :?:

Well time for you to move over to a max-e controller. BTW 2500watts, you will not go any faster than 45, you need more power to get her to move more.

Rix said:
Merlin, Korpin is running Li Ion pouch cells, 116 volts or so, hot off the charger if I recall correctly. I think HPC has a custom wound 6 turn stator on the H40 platform that Korpin is using. Korpin, can you confirm this with HPC?

Rick

Oh, okay.
alot voltage for that speed. but it is not possible to run 50mph with 2,5Kw. when its not a recumbent bike it must be around 4KW for 50mph.

adaptto would be one idea. Or you go with a Sabvoton. Both can use FOC to give you 10mph more speed on same motor.

Merlin said:
Rix said:
Merlin, Korpin is running Li Ion pouch cells, 116 volts or so, hot off the charger if I recall correctly. I think HPC has a custom wound 6 turn stator on the H40 platform that Korpin is using. Korpin, can you confirm this with HPC?

Rick

Oh, okay.
alot voltage for that speed. but it is not possible to run 50mph with 2,5Kw. when its not a recumbent bike it must be around 4KW for 50mph.

adaptto would be one idea. Or you go with a Sabvoton. Both can use FOC to give you 10mph more speed on same motor.

Yep Merlin, thats is my findings as well. 5403 with 80 volts on a 25" diamter tire at 50-53MPH, 3850-3900 wh, and it takes more to get there.

Merlin said:
Rix said:

Rick

Oh, okay.

hmm I got up to around 47-48 mph the other day but was pedaling too...the cycle analyst was set at 25 amps...117 volts hot off the charger

Woohoo, a rolling chassis. Sorry for the shitty cell pic. Mockup of my cardboard mx seat.

This thing is gonna be bad ass. See the light at the end of the tunnel now

Can't wait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 2,529
My phasor with moto seat was ok but being a 100mm wide frame it was painful to sit on.

Easiest way to explain it was a chisel between your ass cheeks :lol:

But I would love to see yours work out :D Prove me wrong !!

wingsuit said:
Woohoo, a rolling chassis. Sorry for the shitty cell pic. Mockup of my cardboard mx seat.

Can't wait.

that gold and black looks nice indeed whats the final weight gonna be ballpark?

korpin said:
that gold and black looks nice indeed whats the final weight gonna be ballpark?

to be honest I'm not sure on the weight yet. it wont help that I'm going with a lifepo4 pack and that will be 20lbs by itself.

I'd love to go with the hpc 90v 13ah pack but 2 things are stopping me. the price, and the fact that I'm worried that the charged voltage of that battery would be higher than 100v (dangerous with the controller I have)

if I string together a bunch of hobbyking lifepo4 packs I can get a charged 88v 15ah battery that should work great (if a little heavy) That way I can also use the mini-e bms and charge with a regular power source.

wingsuit said:

Can't wait.

SWEET!!! That looks so awesome. Thanks for posting the pic.

Rod, you noted that you went to the pub with your Phasor, but did you do any power wheelies on the way?? Really nice and clean. You still liking the 17mc/24MTB combo? Whats the length of your crank arms on the Schlumpf? I have 170mm but will be going to 160mm for slight ground clearance increase and will go up from a 16t to 17t freewheel to make up for the leverage loss.

Rick

Had the wheel a foot off the ground any more and I'll flip it. They're the 160
cranks. New shock on the back dnm 750lb spring. Really need a 270mm shock for the rear then this combo would be good. I'll be looking for one now. This dnm shocks 10mm shorter than my RC4.

Rodney64 said:
cranks. New shock on the back dnm 750lb spring. Really need a 270mm shock for the rear then this combo would be good. I'll be looking for one now. This dnm shocks 10mm shorter than my RC4.

That would be any shock with a 10.5" eye to eye measurement. 750# spring, is that stiff on the Phasor? It was perfect for me on the Bomber, but the shock to travel ratio was 3.9 to 1. I think the Phasor is less than 3 to 1 if I recall correctly.

Rix said:
Rodney64 said:

That would be any shock with a 10.5" eye to eye measurement. 750# spring, is that stiff on the Phasor? It was perfect for me on the Bomber, but the shock to travel ratio was 3.9 to 1. I think the Phasor is less than 3 to 1 if I recall correctly.

Rick, Yes 10.5 eye to eye. No it rides well but the problem is it's 10mm shorter than the fox and that seems to make a big difference.

I went out riding last night. Saw a fox at the beach downtown, it ran from my light. Then I saw a little kitten and it ran in some bushes. I need to change out my front 26x3 Razorbacks soon, the tread is getting to 20%.

Attachments

• chicago.jpg
    chicago.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 2,318
Nice Matt, Phasor looks great with the 19 MC on the rear and 26MTB on the front. Were those spokes you got from me the correct length, or slightly long?.

Rick

jesset33 said:
If only duro still had the 26:3.00 tire :cry:

Would a 19-21 moto wheel set up fit the phasor

There is a combo I haven't tried yet, in theory even though heavy should be a durable combo, if you try this let us know.

Rick

Back