E-S Greyborg owners' pics

patrickza said:
Bent the brake adapter last night braking really hard :cry:

Anyone have the measurements of the part circled in the picture so I can have one made somewhere. I think this time I'll have it made solid instead of hollowed out for some extra strength.

Bummer! I happen to have a spare one here ..50mm center to center.
Not planning to ever use this bit, let me know if you need it, patrickza.

Nope. people will know.. I was riding mine today, "un powered" with no battery or side covers on and people "knew" it wasn't quite right.. it's a great bike. big heavy strong, perfect for power but if you want something to blend in, look at Kepler's builds.
Andy

maybe it was because you didn't have side code on?

On my Brompton who go to 30mph and have better acceleration than moped, most people didn't notice it was electric:
2013-09-03%2015.31.14.jpg

Only when I accelerate or when I don't pedal I'm getting noticed.

In a way, my quite heavy brompton set up (Mac 8T + 20s A123 20AH) was very stealthy to most people.

For the 1st Gen. Greyborg owners, here is an inexpensive and easy way to fit a chain tensioner->

9012178205_88fafcd5dd_z.jpg

..drilled and tapped a torque arm to mount a Surly Singleater chain tensioner..

9013360772_46e8cf7e7d_b.jpg

Assimilated.
th_SmileyFace-Borg-2.jpg

Functioning properly.

Hi everyone,

I've got a question for you

i bought a greyb frame, I put a motorcycle rear wheel 17inch with the cromotor

i don't know what kind of wheel to put a the front

I've got a RS Boxxer with double T, Do I have to put a bicycle 26in ? but the bike will not have a good balance

thanks a lot, sorry for my english, i'm french

Well after taking over Andy's Greyborg i thought id post some pics from the weekend. Logged 100km's from yesterday and today. Everything working sweetly. super plush suspension might need firming up. DNM USD-8s on the list

PS: Thats Melbourne skyline in the distance

nope it's not.. I'll post the info when I get home, but there's a 600lm and a 900lm, 80VDC capable LED headlight for motorbikes (or some similar description) purchased from dealextreme...

Andy

Hi guys,

I came along this nice frame while looking for frames.
I see this frame is not very popular?
They have released a newer version?

I am 66" tall will this frame fits me?
Also what is the max bat. cap. for this frame?

Thank you!

I had 66.6V LiNCM with 30Ah which filled two of the battery spaces very well.. I don't think you'd get much more in there without relocating the controller. you might squeeze 35Ah of 18650's at 66V (18S)

It's a great frame. just ends up being a heavy build.. be prepared for that. great fun however.

Andy

Well weight is not really a issue for my build.
Only battery space is a big issue for me, I like to have enough room :eek:
I see one of the Greyborg member is using Headway cells, what type are those; 10A,12A or 15A cells? I if use 15A cells, how many cells will fit?

Yup a lot of questions for this Greyborg NOOB :oops:

hey Boomer,
read on this thread at page 2 what HAL has to say about Headway cells placement,
there you could find a worth to look pict in order to fit the headway cells in the lower part of the frame( bit tricky).
hope this helps

Accountant said:
cassschr1 said:
Accountant, what rim and tire are in the first page of this thread, front and back. Oh, on your bike.

Hello,

I have the same fork set up, with Gator 8 piston brake on the LH side only.

I am interested in installing a second disk and caliper on the RH side, as you have done.

The forks already have mounting lugs on both sides, so I would need:

1. A hub with mounting threads for the disk on BOTH sides

2. Another Gator 8 piston caliper with mounting adaptor, mirror image to the existing one

3. A hydraulic splitter

4. Possibly a different master cylinder?

Can you tel me where to buy these parts?

If not, any suggestions where I might try?

Thanks,

Doug

Back