Motobecane Phantom DS with Cyclone 900w

Kevinator

100 W
This is a Motobecane Phantom Elite DS bike with a 900w Cyclone 3-chainring kit. I've managed to slap everything together so that I can blast around at 35mph but there are still some bugs to be worked out. I've got to find a decent spot to mount a controller, and I will probably be replacing the Headline controller (pictured) with my smaller Lyen controller.

I think suspension should be a requirement for speeds above 15mph. This dual suspension bike is so comfortable to cruise around on. The suspension along with the Big Apple tires just suck up all the pain from the road at higher speeds. I was even able to go over some nasty railroad tracks at about 25mph with minimal creaking from the rear rack.

I'm only using the 44T chainring up front, no shifter attached to the front derailleur. The rear is a 11-26T, 9spd cassette that will spin up to 20mph in 1st gear at full throttle.

The black roller that I'm using is this little guy: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/CG707Z01-Mrp+Grooved+Roller+Kit.aspx Its grooved, has sealed bearings, and is soft enough that it cuts down the chain noise a considerable amount over the plastic roller or toothed roller offered by Cyclone.

IMGA0685.JPG
IMGA0684.JPG
IMGA0682.JPG
IMGA0681.JPG
IMGA0679.JPG

Back