Hmm. Before and after is difficult for the CrazyBike2, because it was designed to be an ebike to start with. However, it *is* operable without the motor and stuff, so here is a few pics to get the idea of what I started with and what I have it like now:
As it is right for the last two days:
As it was before that for a couple of months or so:
As it was before I changed out the seat:
Now these are before adding the motor, but when I was still planning on using the treadmill motor:
Same seat with just one cargo pod:
Same seat but before the cargo pods:
Just before I changed the rear frame out entirely (mostly to get a different BB with square-taper spindle):
Lots more on the project blog at http://electricle.blogspot.com
It's been an ongoing learning experience both with bikes and with motors and controllers and batteries, for the last couple of years at least. I look at some of my oldest posts and ideas, and realize they make me look like an idiot, but in some ways that's probably still true.
This bike's been in the works since early this year (2009), after having learned a lot with prior experiments, and deciding to "start from scratch".
It's nowhere near "finished", of course, but it sure is functional. Today I rode to work and back (about 5 miles total) without pedalling at around 18MPH easily, on this 120+ pound bike built out of recycled junk with 150 pound rider that feels like unrecycled junk.