E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
kiqnkf   10 W

10 W

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by kiqnkf » Feb 12 2012 4:45am

Justtoby wrote:
kiqnkf wrote:I'm a member!!!

Picked up my Bomber today - flat by the time I got it home.... Need a 200A charger!!! :D
Any pics?
LOL!!!

Heaps of pics already!!! I purchased fullthrottle's Bomber.... Sitting watching it recharge now... Yummmmmmmmm!!!!

Trying to work out where to put it in the bedroom.... Don't be nasty now....
Royce Union D/S Mountain Bike, 500w Chituma front wheel kit
Stealth Bomber, custom electric kit....
NHW10 Prius - Ask, I may be able to help!!!

Justtoby   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Justtoby » Feb 12 2012 6:02am

Oh cool, that's a nice bike. Storing the bike in your bedroom....you must LOVE your bike.

kiqnkf   10 W

10 W

Post by kiqnkf » Feb 12 2012 6:15am

The Yellow and Black is very nice....

Kepler   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Kepler » Feb 12 2012 10:54pm

Congratulations on the on the purchase kiqnkf. Now you need to hit some dirt tracks and see what these bikes can really do. :twisted:

Full-throttle, seeing you aren't a a Stealth bike owner anymore, no more comments here until you get another one :P. I am seeing a custom Fighter in your future :mrgreen:
Current Rides

Lightest true ebike on the planet: ON ROAD viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74269
eBoost on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eboost/200306283342024/

remf   10 kW

10 kW

Post by remf » Feb 13 2012 12:55am

I heard a rumour Full-throttle's building a 240V Fighter...no charger required :)

adrian_sm   10 MW

10 MW

Post by adrian_sm » Feb 13 2012 1:06am

... But he only has a 10m extension cord. So ends up just doing burn outs in his backyard. :lol:
Build #1 ~28kg ~ 700w Avanti Hardtail Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway. ~5500 kms to date. (retired)
Build #2 ~30kg ~2000w Giant AC Dually Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway + 6s10Ah LiPo = 70V. ~15000 kms to date [SOLD]
Build #3 ~13kg ~2000w Commuter Booster <1kg Friction Drive
Build #??? ~21kg ~1500w Adrian's Bafang BPM Hardtail MTB Bafang BPM code12, 15s LiPo, ~40kph, ~30kms

kiqnkf   10 W

10 W

Post by kiqnkf » Feb 13 2012 3:10am

Thankyou Kepler, I will be able to keep up with you next ride, sort of.... Just more skill/practice required!!! I was going to go to the Frankston BMX track today, but prius problems have dominated my day, so maybe later in the week hopefully!!! (My kids wanna go now).. Had a little ride around my local skate track today, discovered getting up stairs is an art form.... one that I have not yet mastered - more speed, and higher tyre pressure maybe....

If he gets his hands on a fighter, it will be special, no doubt in my mind. :twisted:

Lighter will enable him to "glide" further. :D

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Feb 13 2012 4:18am

Meh, custom fighters were so last week :P :mrgreen:

Speaking of which here's another quick clip of mine from the weekend playing with some different camera mounts. Still waiting on a few parts to finish it off but hopefully in another week or so it'll be ready to roll in it's final* config.

*final is only guaranteed for 30 days with me :P
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

kiqnkf   10 W

10 W

Post by kiqnkf » Feb 13 2012 4:41am

What the hell do you know about "Custom Fighters" Jay? :D

Vid looks fun... I see you decided not to burden yourself with a chain!!!

Justtoby   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Justtoby » Feb 13 2012 3:10pm

Here are some recent pics of me and a friend getting some air and doing some wheelies.

The suspension was set full soft which was too soft for the height we were getting. The jumps felt a lot bigger than they look in these pics.
I am the one in the red top / body warmer.

dave.a   10 W

10 W

Post by dave.a » Feb 13 2012 3:38pm

Nice pics Toby

Kepler   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Kepler » Feb 13 2012 6:35pm

Yes great pictures Toby. I like that one with the suspension fully compressed. Must have been a fair jump. I know that John at Stealth sets his suspension really stiff on his bike.

I was practicing wheelies on mine last week. Managed to mess it up completely and went over the bars. Fell hard and cracked a rib. I think I will leave the wheelies to the younger guys for now :lol:
Current Rides

Kepler   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Kepler » Feb 13 2012 8:32pm

dave.a wrote:Nice pics Toby
Great video Dave.

The Bomber looks really well balanced and seems to handle better then the cyclone powered bike (which is a really nice build by the way) Is that the actual case or my bias imagination taking over :)
Current Rides

knoxie   10 MW

10 MW

Post by knoxie » Feb 14 2012 4:16am

Hey

Super great pictures!! really nice to see a bomber being jumped so well :-) crikey there is some serious compression going on when you land there's nothing of you so I am assuming you have it set pretty soft and the rest is the bike?

I think you said that you had some video from the day as well? would love to see that if you get around to it, I would love to come up and see the bike when the weather picks up in the spring maybe? and how is it going on the dealer front? is that still going forward?

Looking forward to seeing any video and or more pictures :-) great stuff!!

And great video from Dave!! super wheelies thats proper skill doing that :P
Electric KMX 72V Lipo, USPD drive unit. BMX 72V, Puma BMC,
Raleigh 26 inch MTB Puma 50V Turnigy 25C Lipo 10AH, Trek MTB, X5 48V NIMH. Electric BMX
http://tinyurl.com/4vrmc8 http://tinyurl.com/3umm4n

adrian_sm   10 MW

10 MW

Post by adrian_sm » Feb 14 2012 4:51am

Kepler wrote:I was practicing wheelies on mine last week. Managed to mess it up completely and went over the bars. Fell hard and cracked a rib.
:shock: Ouch ! ! Heal quick buddy.
Build #1 ~28kg ~ 700w Avanti Hardtail Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway. ~5500 kms to date. (retired)
Build #2 ~30kg ~2000w Giant AC Dually Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway + 6s10Ah LiPo = 70V. ~15000 kms to date [SOLD]
Build #3 ~13kg ~2000w Commuter Booster <1kg Friction Drive
Build #??? ~21kg ~1500w Adrian's Bafang BPM Hardtail MTB Bafang BPM code12, 15s LiPo, ~40kph, ~30kms

Justtoby   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Justtoby » Feb 14 2012 6:03am

@Kepler and @ Knoxie, Thanks for the good comments.

The suspesion is full soft and since taking those I have stiffened up the rear a bit as we shredded the bag under the saddle with one landing (much better than shredding the bag above the saddle though!)

We did get some good air and there is a lot more to come, just getting confidence first and the take off was not massive. The other guy in the pic is my friends Son and he is only 16 so he is pretty fearless, he will go higher next time- he had only ridden the bike for 5 mins before taking those pics.

Knoxie you know you are welcome to come and play with the bikes whenever you like. The dealer website will have these pics added and we should go live with it soon.

I do have some good video but the guy who took it has added on some of our childrens parties and other stuff and I have no idea how to edit it down - or even if this is possible. I can email you Knoxie if you want to have a look and you may be able to suggest a way to cut it down? If you want then pm me the best email to use. It is quite a large file.

Kepler, I hope you heal soon. I popped 2 ribs by coming off a race quad about 8 years ago and it still plays me up now, I am off to the back man this week I think. I do not know how you went over the bars doing wheelie, surely it was over the back?

dave.a   10 W

10 W

Post by dave.a » Feb 14 2012 6:48am

Kepler, the Specialized is fine for tight technical stuff but my Bomber kills it at everything else. I like the weight of the hub as it feels closest to my enduro bikes. The only thing that catches me out every now and then is how light the front end is which causes it to push as im sure you know.
Toby, in a month or so i was going to make the trip down to you with my bikes for a play day if you fancy it?
Dave

Justtoby   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Justtoby » Feb 14 2012 2:45pm

dave.a wrote:Kepler, the Specialized is fine for tight technical stuff but my Bomber kills it at everything else. I like the weight of the hub as it feels closest to my enduro bikes. The only thing that catches me out every now and then is how light the front end is which causes it to push as im sure you know.
Toby, in a month or so i was going to make the trip down to you with my bikes for a play day if you fancy it?
Dave
Sounds good to me, I can make sure there is a friend with a Fighter and I think Knoxie will come down too.
If you are staying down then I can put you up if you like, if not there are plenty of places to stay close by.

Should be good. What dates are you thinking of? I can check with Knoxie too.
Last edited by Justtoby on Feb 14 2012 2:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

FRM70   1 µW

1 µW

Post by FRM70 » Feb 14 2012 2:48pm

That's a great video but the cameraman needs a tissue I think :wink:

Thanks for posting, it's good to see how they perform in snow :D

Cheers

FRM

Kepler   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Kepler » Feb 14 2012 3:45pm

Justtoby wrote:
Kepler, I hope you heal soon. I popped 2 ribs by coming off a race quad about 8 years ago and it still plays me up now, I am off to the back man this week I think. I do not know how you went over the bars doing wheelie, surely it was over the back?
LOL, you would think you would fall off the back doing wheelies but my extraordinary riding skills allowed me to go over the front.

Picture this 51 year old bloke on the throttle with the front going way too high and panic braking to get it down, then the front landing hard followed by involuntarily hitting the throttle again, and now all crossed up. Finally breaking hard again and landing the front wheel completely off balance and its by-bye Kepler over the bars.

Would have been as funny hell to see from a spectators point of view :lol:
Current Rides

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Feb 14 2012 7:15pm

So I was going to buy a second charger from John so I can charge at work without having to cart my charger every day...BUT.

Since I'm planning on going down the LiPo path anyway, I figured I should just get a charger that can handle the LiPo and the current 58.4V LiFePo4 pack as well.

I realise it's a long shot, but I was hoping to find a charger or solution that can bulk charge 18s, but I realise this might not be possible. Does anyone know of such a charger or charging setup?

I'm still learning lots about LiPo/charging (and getting mighty confused in the process. Man there's a lot of opinionated info out there).

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Feb 14 2012 7:42pm

Cool pics Toby, looks like a nice spot for some bomber bashing too :)
Which motor are you running ? The speed or the torque wind ? I couldn't get the speed wind one to pop the front wheel without really yanking it.

Good to see the video in the snow too, riding in the snow would be so foreign to most of us here in Australia.
Kepler wrote:Picture this 51 year old bloke on the throttle with the front going way too high and panic braking to get it down, then the front landing hard followed by involuntarily hitting the throttle again, and now all crossed up. Finally breaking hard again and landing the front wheel completely off balance and its by-bye Kepler over the bars.

Would have been as funny hell to see from a spectators point of view :lol:
John should increase the price $300 and include a mandatory gopro with every sale :lol:
Hope you heal up soon, I've had broken ribs so I know how little fun they can be (not bike related for once, I hit a patch of ice on my first time snow boarding)
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Feb 14 2012 10:08pm

This is the closest I can find to what I would need.
http://www.hyperion-world.com/products/ ... 0720iSDUO3

And I can see there are a few here on ES who use it but, it would still require splitting the packs into 12s then 6s for charging.

Hyena, what do you do?

I'm aware of the need to take care of LiPo, but I still want a relatively simple solution for charging if possible.

*EDIT*
Actually I can see now I could get 2 of these.
http://www.hyperion-world.com/products/ ... S1420iNET3

But that's not cheap. Any single(ish) chargers out there that can do 18s?

Cheers,

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Philistine   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Philistine » Feb 14 2012 10:40pm

Get a bulk charger, I use one of these to charge my 20S pack, you can get a lower wattage one if you want to save a few bucks.

http://www.bmsbattery.com/alloy-shell/1 ... arger.html

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Feb 14 2012 10:49pm

Philistine wrote:Get a bulk charger, I use one of these to charge my 20S pack, you can get a lower wattage one if you want to save a few bucks.

<span><a href="http://www.bmsbattery.com/allo ... arger.html" class="smarterwiki-linkify">http://www.bmsbattery.com/alloy-shell/1 ... arger.html[/url]</a></span>
That might do the trick if I use one of Methods LVC/HVC circuits on my LiPo setup. Was thinking of doing that anyway. :)

It jumps from 48V to 60V in the specs. Can it be adjusted somewhere in between?

Any opinions from others?

As the factory battery has a BMS on-board, I'd think it does make sense to build my LiPo pack with a BMS on-board as well. That eliminates complexity somewhat.

Cheers