I've been working on the bike all weekend, save a track meet and ACT test.. I got my brake adapter from choppers.us awhile ago, and, embarrassingly, I f'd it up trying to shorten it up with a grinder and threading it back on.
The metal on the threads of the motor and the adapter is very weak.. Strips like butter!! Thank god for jb weld!!
To get the caliper to fit pretty much all I had to do was grind the down frame, and comprimise with another washer in the wheel. The frame is spread apart a little extra, but not much.
The situation with the brakes is crazy. I carelessly bent the rotor earlier on,, That and the jb-welded on rotor mount and modified caliper mount are making a rub-free rear brake hard to get. The hydraulic brakes don't have much adjustment; None at all really. I'll have to figure it out!
I got both of my tires on and started work on the battery tray. I have a sheet of black HDPE plastic that I will finish it off with. The tray is about 5" wide, which is a little wider than I would have liked,,, But at least I'll have room for more lipo padding!
Notice the clearance of the back tire!
Still left to do:
Finish battery housing
Order wire, switches, and watt meter once it comes back in stock
Mount controller and throttle
Fill up shock with 175psi
Wire it all up
Damn I'm almost done!