Its been a while so I thought I'd upload some more recent pictures. The bike is completed and has been for a long time and I ride it regularly, I just never got around to taking some decent photos.
The battery box is no longer skinned in wood and is now carbon fibre. When I reskinned the box I took the opportunity to make it a little longer too.
I've fitted a Hope M4 brake to the rear which matches the front and added a button underneath the rear brake lever which activates the regen. Regen is cool, I use it exclusively at high speeds and only really use the disc brakes for the final stop. What I have noticed too is that the regen is effectively an anti lock braking system since as the wheel slows the regen braking effort is diminished - at least so far I haven't been able to induce a skid using it.
Finally I fitted a CycleAnalyst but have still to hook up the speedometer input.
Removing the batteries to charge them 6s at a time is a pain so I bought a 800W 18s charger from BMS battery but I'm yet to pluck up the courage to try it! And that's about it really. Oh I reduced rear preload a little which has improved the ride no end and also had the happy effect of causing the front wheel to lift when I gun the throttle at low speed
The bike runs great and is an absolute blast to ride, it is fast, stable at speed, corners like a motorbike and range is good
So future mods will include adding a charging socket so I can use the big charger. Hooking up the speedometer input to the CA and possibly trying the Throttle current function out. Perhaps a grille on the front of the battery box if I can figure out a neat way to do it.
I haven't lost interest in EVs, just moved on to my next project the E-Tractor
which is now pretty much completed and working very well
So now the tractor is up and running I'll likely turn my attention back to the E-Patriot..... at least until the next EV project occurs to me - maybe the next bike will be for the wife.
Electric vehicles rock!