Surf Bike

zelectric

100 mW
Hi people, Here is my surf bike. It is designed to look low profile so it can be locked up and hopefully ignored. I used 3/9ah SLA so it would be less attractive to lithium thieves.

DSCN1636.jpg

DSCN1635.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1638.jpg

DSCN1637.jpg

DSCN1642.jpg

I really like those handlebars. You don't happen to have a link for them do you?

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I have very few miles on this set up so far but it sure makes parking and riding home after a little surf a breeze! 8)

themadhatter106 said:
Stealthy, I like it. Never seen a bike that could carry a surf board before. How many volts of SLA you got on there? How's the range and top speed?
36volts. I got three 5lb 12v9ah batteries locally. At 9ah I don't expect much range. I always pedal a bit so i am guessing it's good for about 15 miles. Top speed is about 20mph with a little pedal power added.

grindz145 said:
hell yeah.
:lol: :D

Pure said:
I really like those handlebars. You don't happen to have a link for them do you?
I got the bars from 3g bikes. I don't see them for sale on their website now but they still sell them for there stepper bike thing they make. Email/call them and see if they still sell the bars.
http://www.3gstepper.com/index1.htm

That is so awesome. I have seen a lot of surfers doing that with scooters up in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast, but I have always thought an ebike would be even better, because you can park anywhere. Love the handlebars as well.

I saw lots of surf bikes in California on visits. I couldn't help thinking, ugg, uphill all the way home. Unless your daddy is rich and has a house right on the beach, in which case you drove the hummer. E surf bike is perfect. A little help for that uphill ride after a tiring session in the water.

Mundo said:
Try this link.

http://www.3gbikes.com/parts/hbars/clever_bars.html

Awesome, thanks!

Philistine said:
That is so awesome. I have seen a lot of surfers doing that with scooters up in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast, but I have always thought an ebike would be even better, because you can park anywhere. Love the handlebars as well.
Thanks Philisstine!
dogman said:
I saw lots of surf bikes in California on visits. I couldn't help thinking, ugg, uphill all the way home. Unless your daddy is rich and has a house right on the beach, in which case you drove the hummer. E surf bike is perfect. A little help for that uphill ride after a tiring session in the water.
Thats the idea. I am just far enough from the water for it to be a hassle to ride home under my own power. Sometimes I would rather save my energy for surfing. 8) There are some beach communities that are relatively flat. Pacific Beach in SD is a beach cruisers dream town full of beach and bar riders.
This bike is actually a reincarnation of my first ebike build. I had the 36v10ah Ping in the blue crate.
DSCN0972.jpg

I actually downgraded the batteries to lead just to make it less attractive/less to loose in a worse case scenario. Just when you thought lead was dead?? :wink: :mrgreen:

Back