Modified (chopped) Ebike thread

Timma2500

1 kW
It seems a few of us have been busy lately madly chopping up otherwise perfectly good bicycle frames for ebike usage :shock: :roll: :lol:
If this sounds like you, post a few pics here and show us your MadMax creation :)

I'll get the ball rolling:

e-empire 5.jpg
View attachment 1
013.JPG

Paul :D

Rodgah's HT3525 powered Specialized Bighit FSR and Turnigy powered Kona Stinky:

Rodger's BigHit FSR.jpg
Rodger's Kona Stinky.jpg
Rodger's Kona Stinky..jpg

Ratking's twin Turnigy powered Specialized BigHit FSR. Complete new front end using modified oem FSR suspension:

Ratking's BigHit FSR.jpgRatking's BigHit FSR..jpg

those bikes are ridiculous! I wish I could weld like that!

Is it hard to weld Aluminum?
Great frames guys, really! I bet if you could make a frame for under one grand a bunch of people would buy them.

MattyCiii said:
Thanks Timma!Now I gotta go smoke a cigarette...
Yeah its quite a collection! I'm looking forward to seeing more soon :wink:

Trackman417 said:
Is it hard to weld Aluminum? Great frames guys, really! I bet if you could make a frame for under one grand a bunch of people would buy them.
Nah its easy! Its just a matter of practising first before hacking up a $500 frame and going for broke :lol:

fractal said:
those bikes are ridiculous! I wish I could weld like that!
You don't have to, just be-friend someone else who can and swing a carton of beer or two their way!

rodgah said:
nice thread paul.....its good to see them all together, if I had of seen pictures like that when i first joined my head would of exploded. love how the non hub section has matured
Cheers Rodger, i figured with a few frames floating around already and a few more on their way soon that it was time to get a thread going to get them all together to help encourage others to build their own. Man my head exploded when i first saw a stealth and opti bike and thought yep, thats the way to go! Yeah the non-hub section has some great ideas and builds coming through these days eh. Good to have you back too :D

There should be a few more bikes heading to this thread soon, another Intense M3 by Rog130, a Norco by BatFink and another Specialized BigHit for my girlfriend :mrgreen:

ROG130's Intense M3 chop chop.jpg
A sneak peek of ROG130's Intense M3. Similar to mine but more battery carrying capacity and some cool details. Can't wait to see this one finished!

Edited to add a more recent pic of Rodger's M3.

Best thread ever, subscribed.

We really need to update this thread, a lot of cool bikes churned out in the last year or so by lots of ES modders.
I'll add a few. Specialized Demo 8 - once belong to World DH champ Sam Hill (still got the signature on the cutout downtube)

View attachment 2

Norco Shore with BBS. 200mm rear travel. Super plush.
New Picture (2).jpg

2010 GT Fury. Tricky mod to cut the tank in place as the suspension loads directly onto the battery box. Lots of internal platework to take the force.
New Picture (4).jpg

Enjoy

Not sure whos this is but its been saved on my comp for a while. Looks like it might of been a Giant DH frame?

Attachments

• IMG_2090.JPG
    IMG_2090.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 3,628
Yep - a guy from Sweden from memory who made it at his work. Must find the thread!

Another one done by Sam D.
Giant dh comp, stretched by 3" and steerer tube steepened a couple of degrees.

Attachments

• 12045295_10153595190535199_8665860153215248695_o.jpg
    12045295_10153595190535199_8665860153215248695_o.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2,646
SHARKBITEATTACK said:
Not sure whos this is but its been saved on my comp for a while. Looks like it might of been a Giant DH frame?

it's mine, Yes it's a giant dh team frame, but has just used the rear swing arm and some brackets https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60536
IMG_0130.JPG

Alex07 said:
nice build from timma with the cyclone, where is this bike now?

I think all of Paul's build's are nice, that bike was owned by me and it remained in it's original state until I sold recently to a guy in Sydney, he may start some thread about it

I must've missed this thread somehow over the years, but I think most of mine qualify, having started life as regular bicycles, and then meeting me and getting chopped up to build my creations from:

CrazyBike2 started out as a little BMX frame up front, and an old Schwinn 10speed in back. Early on it was pretty obviously two bikes, but later on it's less obvious as more of those have been replaced with more custom built frame bits for stiffness:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12500
early version
file.php

more recent, nearly how it is now (ignore the dog food cargo strapped on it in various places)
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

with a trailer full of stuff
file.php

SB Cruiser has little of it's original bicycles; the headtube, toptube, and downtube of some old Murray are there, albeit hidden under / inside other frame bits, and nowadays there's almost zero of the BMX frame that used to be under the seat, back when this used to be Delta Tripper:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Delta Tripper was mostly normal bicycle; BMX frame and fork plus a Schwinn trike kit rear axle, some noname bike's seattube and BB stuck out front on a seatpost welded to the frame, and the seattube off some other 10-speed as a steerer tube:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22720
file.php

file.php

file.php

Unfinished cargo bike that began as a trek frame and a BMX frame and some other bits; dunno if I'll ever do anything further with it now that I have SB Cruiser:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31255
file.php

file.php

Back