Made in Canada, eh?

morati said:
http://www.impulsegroup.ca/
New E-Bike company from the Great White North.

interesting.. Look like a steakth bomber future competitor attempt.

no products details yet :?

subscribed to that topic

Doc

Let's hope they get more info about these bikes in soon. Can't wait to see there power package that they put on that bike!

What would they put up a site and leave no info? Seems to me they are in a hurry just to the site out :?

Brand new company, they were at the Dealer Show in Toronto last week displaying their stuff. From what I understand they will work with the customer to build exactly what is needed. A variety of hub motors will be available as well as different batteries, wheels, suspension parts, brakes etc. so every bike is gonna be a little different from the previous one. Also, frames will be available separately for those customers that want to build the bike themselves. Owner seems knowledgeable and friendly to deal with. Shouldn't be too much longer for more info.

morati said:
Brand new company, they were at the Dealer Show in Toronto last week displaying their stuff. From what I understand they will work with the customer to build exactly what is needed. A variety of hub motors will be available as well as different batteries, wheels, suspension parts, brakes etc. so every bike is gonna be a little different from the previous one. Also, frames will be available separately for those customers that want to build the bike themselves. Owner seems knowledgeable and friendly to deal with. Shouldn't be too much longer for more info.

Could it be some people ALREADY on the E-S ?? :|

Doc

I have been several times to Rosspar, first to get some Andersons (they're a master distributor), then later for some work on repairing a battery, and finally help with my latest build including installing torque plates. Phil is my contact there, great guy, super helpful. I couldn't be happier about finding a batteries and electric bike expert only 30 km away.

Impulse bikes is their electric bike business venture and I heard they got a ton of interest at the bike show this past weekend. I think Phil got some orders for the bike there and already had some orders from law enforcement in the Toronto area.

The bike is actually a lot more advanced than what you see on the website - it is essentially a ready product now. I think Phil just doesn't spend a lot of time on the website - don't think he is on E-S either. I'll ask him to update the website next time I see him.

They have a business partnership with Bay Cycle just down the street (Brock Rd in Pickering) where they do a lot of light duty electric conversions. John and Gerrard there did some work on repair of my BMC motor and did my last wheel build. They're great too - the wheel build is a lot better than what I got done at another bike shop previously.

Yup, same guy. I spoke with Phil yesterday and will be test riding one of his creations (I believe its the Renegade) on Monday with a little luck. FYI, frames are 4mm aluminum.

Cat is outa the bag! This bike is alive and well!

Doctorbass said:
Lock said:
Fun slide show of their earlier design/development work here:
http://www.rosspar.com/Impulse_Group.html

Look line Steveo might be behing that ?? 8) I know he have close relationship with rosspar....

maybe?

Doc

Hey Doc,

You are correct...

Phill & Alex are the mastermind behind the frame construction and engineering... there are some other undercover member that i have the luxery of working with this project like es member vandy "the guy with 4 posts and the sweet mustache"... and shawn_1976

The bikes where displayed for the first time at the bike expo in toronto this past weekend...

everyone is involved with the project " i hope they know who they are" are glad the project has gotten where it has.. .. and i'm happy to be a part of it..

vandy post some photos... got any from the bike expo????

-steveo

steveo said:
The bikes where displayed for the first time at the bike expo in toronto this past weekend...
Not mentioning their booth at the Blue Line (police) trade show last April in Markham... Kinda hoping they are looking further than institutional sales...
Impulse_BlueLine_2012.jpg

Lock said:
steveo said:
Not mentioning their booth at the Blue Line (police) trade show last April in Markham... Kinda hoping they are looking further than institutional sales...

thats Alex our designer ... he's awsome like us all :D

Some teaser photo's

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 3,351
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 3,351
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 3,351
Details will be posted following the end of summer. Impulse product has only been released to dealers, private security and law enforcement. We are scheduled for a Spring release to the general public and thus have been closed lip about further details. Currently dealers are ordering demo's for their shops and we are providing ride along/test drives to potential clients. Impulse group should be attending a few more events in months leading up to our public release in Spring of 2013.

Please feel free to share any suggestions or comments.

Looks good! More option now if they willing to sell the frame separately. Wonder if it's Cromotor capable. : )

Now we have a lot of choice
1) Maxwell weird ebike frame - not sure if we can get one now
2) Greyborg Warp
3) Phaser Frame
4) This one
5) Convert/DIY

Battery compartment might be a bit cramped for anything super range in the 40+ miles range @ 30mph. Wish they have build frames like motor cycles where you have a hugh hump in front of the crotch area for more battery space.

Getting on the bike would mean putting leg on the rear, but I think it's worth it if you can make it short enough to accommodate all size rider.

Don't let the pictures deceive you...

We are very familiar with the needs of the EB world...

VANDY said:
Don't let the pictures deceive you...

We are very familiar with the needs of the EB world...

VANDY- I would like you to know that I think your contributions to ES have been the best useful stuff to post-count ratio in the history of the ES. We're glad to have you on here, and I wish you the best in your ventures.

I like the extanded swing arm and the 20" wheel !!...

are the frame made of aluminum? steel? other?

Doc

I think the frame grows one you! At first I did not like the frame at all. Now I sort of like it. I bet by spring I will be jumping all over one.
You guys planning on selling just complete bikes?

Back