iperov

1 kW
Post your snow biking videos there!

My road is offroad ;)
[youtube]rxatBfAr0C8[/youtube]

That looks like soooo much fun. I love snow

My friend doing donuts on his e-bike :)

[youtube]OfJq5V-GN_k[/youtube]

Brilliant video iperov!! I was captivated for the whole 17.45 minutes, love the music too.
That ride in the snow would be a dream for me, no snow here, around 40 deg C for the last few days.
What's your top speed?
Cheers for sharing.

18vg6.gif

Here is mine at.. -25 celsius with the Makita cells and 5305

[youtube]jXrkEEusGMU[/youtube]

or.. why not snow E-tryking too 8) :mrgreen: .... with removable ski !!

[youtube]oPw8BKPSQms[/youtube]

Enjoy !

Doc

iperov said:
[youtube]AKXiVb-mXbE[/youtube]
more more more! makes me wanna build a 20" bike so bad!

@doctorbass

I am surprised nobody asked here or on that video, where did you get those skis? What effect do your skis have your watt hour per m/k? I would guess it made it slightly better. Was the rear tire always enough for braking? I wonder if there is a way to have a version of those skis with one or two ice skate blades on the bottom. Have the skis ever slipped off a wheel?

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it looks like those skis have something at each end that create a sort of wedge for the tire. I did imagine the ski slipping out either backwards or forwards, but also via up and down. That likely seems very unlikely though, the walls seem like you'd have to get some pretty serious air in order for those skis to slip off the tire.

Finallly got around to building it... short video soon.. in editing...
$10 used snowboard..
$4 two large hose clamps
Electric-Snow-Bike.jpg

. . . . Large Pic
Electric-Snow-Bike-building-ski-small.JPG

. . . . Large Pic
notes
- works surprisingly well after adding two slitz/rails (I dunno what to call them) down each side..
- not absolutely necessary to lockout the front wheel / well maybe on some steep transitions and jumping hold the front brake closed
The only downside so far that I can tell... I only had 24 hours to play .. before I had to jump a greyhound bus and leave the province and snow behind...
I may get another chance in a few weeks when I may ride/ascend an old volcano to Elfin lakes...
my SolarCross topic
I like to add something more to the rear wheel for more traction, and maybe a small test powered solely by solar.

That seems like a pretty excellent adaptation, thanks a ton for sharing!

I assume the snowboard had some kind of channel already built into the board. I considered using a snowboard myself for a two wheel application for added stability. Did you find that that was achieved?

The front wheel bike ski using the snowboard was very easy to make... even using the existing binding screws and threaded holes...
without the added rails/slitz underneath steering was almost 100% non-existent ...
Possibly i would make the rails/slitz slightly concave..

here are a few, mostly chronological from 2010...
[youtube]e7viC9_YOOg[/youtube]
[youtube]H4epReRW1ds[/youtube]
[youtube]cRlXmZ_TTa0[/youtube]
[youtube]p2a5F0QgilE[/youtube]
[youtube]Uuv02RivacU[/youtube]
[youtube]l08be45g-2k[/youtube]
[youtube]nE3P4KtS5nw[/youtube]
[youtube]SFZEgE0bfeQ[/youtube]
[youtube]732eGxYbvPw[/youtube]
[youtube]5RExXKYPcqc[/youtube]
[youtube]v_R1biAOFAQ[/youtube]

Wow that ski works remarkably well! I'll have to remember that for deep snow commutes...

Mine is lame:

[youtube]gMu0xl1Z0dg[/youtube]

Back