Cowardlyducks - Videos

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Cowardlyducks - Videos

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jun 18, 2013 6:40 am

Hi guy's

So I thought I'd start a thread where I will post my video creations and adventures taken on my Stealth Fighter. I seem to be taking the bike out on epic journey's every other weekend, and thought I should share some of the awesome adventures I keep having. :mrgreen:
I recently received a new action cam and plan to make many more videos to come if you like them. :)

Below is my first attempt with the new camera. It's a little shakey...no make that very shakey, but to me that's just part of the learning curve of making great videos. Next time I won't use the handle bars so much, if at all. :)

Short version

Long version.

Ill try to do 2 versions each time so you can view either depending on what you like.

Oh and in case your wondering, getting the stats into the video from my camera is not easy. It's a very manual process involving 3 separate applications. I'll post about how I've done it another time maybe.

Short video still uploading...give it an hour or so.

***EDIT*** Since this thread contains more than just videos taken on my Fighter, I'm now own of an Alpha, and have my Recumbent commuter, I've changed the title to reflect it. I plan on making a bigger variety of videos across all my bikes as well as other things like skiing, time-lapse videos, etc.

Cheers
Last edited by Cowardlyduck on Jul 31, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 49AH, 14S (51.1V) Sanyo 18650GA - 2.5Kwhr = 200km range!
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

The stuff I make and modify.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Re: Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jun 30, 2013 7:00 am

Wasn't sure if I would bother making this footage into a video, but decided I would anyway since I went to the bother of taking the camera with me on the day. :)
Most of the footage is from the ridge-line around the suburb Fadden in Canberra...here: http://goo.gl/maps/GQJLg

Anyway, here's the vid...enjoy :)

Still uploading so give it an hour or 2.

btw, did anyone see the rabbit in my last video?

See if you can spot the kangaroo's in this one. :)

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 49AH, 14S (51.1V) Sanyo 18650GA - 2.5Kwhr = 200km range!

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Hyena » Jul 02, 2013 4:14 am

Yep, I spotted the hoppy things big and little :P
Looking dry around canberra this time of year!
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Rodney64
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Jul 02, 2013 4:31 am

Nice vid keep them coming, Cowardlyduck

The fingers
100 GW
100 GW

Post by The fingers » Jul 02, 2013 8:47 am

Awesome trail ride, looks a lot like Northern Cali (was that Bigfoot ?) :lol:
Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 07, 2013 6:43 am

I've been wanting to do a good video of this hill for a while and yesterday I got my chance.
Mt Tuggeranong sits 855 meters high, and it is a good 350m climb from the base. I've ridden the hill on several occasions in the past. Once with my HS3548 where I had to stop about 4 times to let the motor cool, and once recently with my new HS4065. I probably didn't need to stop to let it cool, but did a few times just in case. The covers never went over 55C. 8)

I was a bit disappointed that my footage on the way down was so shaky. It's due in part to the roughness of the terrain, but also partly due to me not ensuring the camera mount was firm up against my helmet...oh well, learn't lesson for next time. I also asked some total strangers, who I think were orienteering, to video me at one point. Some of their footage turned out alright...but most of it was either a coughing fit from the lady I asked or the back of one of the kids she was with. :lol: Can't complain though...they were doing me a favor. :D

I've done the long and short edits for this video...most will probably just prefer the short version.

Short Edit.

Long Edit.

The short edit is still uploading...and it's huge, so give it at least 2 hours.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 12, 2013 4:48 am

Went for a quick ride the other day to checkout the sunset from a local hill.
I didn't have much time, but I chucked the camera on the handle bars anyway. Footage from my handle bars has been rather shaky in the past, so I've tried using the youtube stabilization this time. I'm not sure which is better though, the shaky but normal looking one, or the non-shaky but weird looking one. I'll post both anyway. :)

Normal

Stabilized

Stabilized version still "Stabalizing" so give youtube some time to sort there stuff out. :P

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 21, 2013 5:58 am

I also posted this over in the Stealth owners thread, but I'll post it here as well.

Went for an awesome ride today up a local hill I recently discovered. Did a good amount of video, which I'll have to edit up in the coming days, but for now here's a teaser of a sort of a stack I had.
I was coming down an extremely steep section with loose gravel when the rear wheel lost traction and I could not pull up the front quickly enough or turn to avoid a massive ditch, so had to put my feet down to stop before it without going over the bars.

No damage to the bike...my hidden handle bar end button coped a big hit, but it still works fine...I just ended up with a graze to the back of my knee from stopping the bike with the pedal hitting it.
I'm glad it ended like it did and I didn't end up in that ditch, or sliding down the gravel.

Will post the full vid in the coming day's, time allowing.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Still haven't got around to making that full vid of my ride the other day. Hopefully I find the time this weekend. :)

In the mean time, this is whats left of a 2200mah 3S Turnigy Nanotech after I crashed my RC plane with it in, and hit it several times with a garden weeder for a thorough disposal. :)

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi all,

Ok after 3 and a half day's of spending every spare moment editing this together I think it's as good as it will get.
I tried including the speed statistics in the lower RH corner, however it didn't quite work out the way I'd hoped...mainly cause my recording software did it in double time, which then meant I had to screw around slowing it down, whilst still trying to match it up to the corresponding footage. Needless to say, where I left it in the final video were the sections that mostly worked.

This ride was to the top of a hill just south of Banks, Canberra, ACT. Here: http://goo.gl/maps/rz7hY
Had a puncture half way through the ride, which you can see me changing in the video.
I also had the camera come off at one point, and a light stack, shown at the end of the video.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Dec 23, 2013 12:39 am

Hi guy's,

So I finally got around to doing a night time ride. I've been meaning to for a long time now, and finally got around to it the other night.

Be sure to watch it in HD as night time footage looks best in higher resolutions.
I nearly hit a wombat at one point and had a minor slide out as well. All in all a very fun ride. :)

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Mar 16, 2014 5:39 am

Just saw the most amazing sunset, and happened to take a time-lapse of it as well. :)

Enjoy!

Gab
100 W
100 W

Post by Gab » Mar 18, 2014 5:32 am

cool vids

how heavy is your stealth and how far can you go per charge ? how many ah is the battery ?

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Mar 18, 2014 5:55 am

Gab wrote:cool vids

how heavy is your stealth and how far can you go per charge ? how many ah is the battery ?
Thanks!
Weight depends on battery config. With the stock battery - it's the stock weight of 34-35kg. With my 18s5P set-up is was closer to 37-38kg. Add the tools, lights, extra tubes, derailleur and it's closer to 40kg.
Lately I've been running 12S6P, which gives a nice balance between weight and range for me at the moment.
But that being said, even when I had it at 40kg it was still light enough for me to lift over fences when I needed to.

Distance per charge again depends on battery config. Right now with 12S6P (750Wh) I can comfortably manage 35-40km on the road, and extend that out to 50km+ if I'm conservative.

You seem to be asking very broad questions Gab. Are you asking more about what a stock Fighter is like, or are you wanting to know details about my mods?

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Apr 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Just enjoyed an early morning ride at sunrise.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi guys,

Here's my latest vid. Had a blast doing this ride on Saturday.
As usual, it really only looks decent in HD.

I used some of my own music this time, also under the name of Cowardlyduck. Hope it doesn't sound too amateurish for you. :)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

drew12345
10 kW
10 kW

Post by drew12345 » Apr 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Great Video. Nice trail.

The fingers
100 GW
100 GW

Post by The fingers » Apr 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Nice ride through the country. Music is great, much similar in style to that of my long-time trail-riding surfer-musician friend in Goleta. 8)
Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Apr 28, 2014 3:01 am

Thanks guy's.

Good to know my music isn't so terrible after all. :)

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jun 02, 2014 5:58 am

So I had some old Felt Berm Master tires lying around that I threw back on my Fighter the other day to see if they had any life left in them.
Well after nearly coming off in the dirt I decided it was time to ditch them.
I hate throwing away things...even if they are mostly used...so I decided I would more thoroughly 'use' the tires first...Enjoy! :twisted:

Now I feel much better about tossing them in the trash. :mrgreen:

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 11, 2014 5:30 am

Went for an epic journey in the snow the weekend before last. Only just finished editing and uploading the video though.

Ride was here: https://goo.gl/maps/0Cxau
It was more stairs than riding, but I'm a stubborn guy, so I was determined to 'ride' to the top of the mountain one way or another. I ended up having to give up when I had used 3/4 of my battery, it was getting dark, and still hadn't made it to the top.

I promised my wife I would be back in the mid afternoon, but couldn't let her know I was running late due to no phone reception in the remote area I was in. When I failed to show up a while after the agreed time, she called the police to report me missing. :shock: :lol:
I showed up 30min later, much to her relief.

Anyway, here's the videos:
As usual, they only really look good in HD.

Short version:

Long version:

Cheers

**Edit** Youtube seems to not like my short video being posted elsewhere...but it works direct on youtube.
http://youtu.be/QE4OgQbd4J8

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 28, 2014 7:00 am

I nearly got taken out by a Kangaroo on my Fighter today on my commute home :!:

The video only show's so much, but I saw the Kangaroo's teeth he was that close to my face. Had he not seen me mid air and pulled away at the last minute I'm sure he would have taken me out!

Cheers

Rodney64
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Aug 28, 2014 7:23 am

CD, ive enjoyed your vids. perhaps we can catch up for a beer and anyone else from Canberra Ill be there in the first week of October with my Family for 2 nights on Thursday and Friday.

Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Hyena » Aug 28, 2014 7:28 am

Wow that was a massively close call! That mofo was in full flight! Nicely captured!!
One I'm sure our international viewers are sure to marvel at :)
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

melodious
100 kW
100 kW

Post by melodious » Aug 28, 2014 7:39 am

I wish we had 'roos. I guess they can't swim across the great seas to habitate besides Australia. I do get rabbits, groundhogs, big city rats, and the occasional deer. The rabbits just stay put until the last second then scuttle away, it's a 50/50 chance the critter moves in your wheel's direction. If your in the city alleyways roundabout dusk, the rats will congregate en mass near the dumpsters. :pancake:
Surly Ogre rigid 29er, rear 10T MAC @ 50V 25AH & 40A: 30mph road/gravel/hill machine
42" dual diagonal Eskateboard @6s & 90mm wheels
Next: eMTB @10-12s & 8"-12" pneumatic wheels; Got Strapped? d-(',')z