Cowardlyducks - Videos

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Re: Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 14, 2014 5:53 am

Forgot to post this here the other day.

I should do a few videos of my work commutes. They may sound boring, but I purposefully commute through the bush (forest) most of the time for enjoyment. The 2 videos above are both from commutes to/from work...in fact the kangaroo and this river crossing were on the same day. :lol: :roll:

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 49AH, 14S (51.1V) Sanyo 18650GA - 2.5Kwhr = 200km range!
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

The stuff I make and modify.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 30, 2014 3:52 am

Went for an amazing ride on the weekend to check out where the electrons for my Fighter come from. :D
Here:https://goo.gl/maps/70ufn

This Solar farm only got built this year, so pretty new still. :)

I was riding to explore and for enjoyment more than making the video so the footage is all from the handlebars, but the scenery was amazing enough to make half decent video from. :)

If people want me to make a better video of the area, I'll more than happily bump it up the priority list. :)

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 49AH, 14S (51.1V) Sanyo 18650GA - 2.5Kwhr = 200km range!

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

SamM
100 W
100 W

Post by SamM » Sep 30, 2014 10:30 am

Nice videos, Cowardlyducks!

As the new owner of a Fighter, many thanks from me for posting about your bike. It helped me make the decision to jump into Stealth ownership.

SamM
Stealth Fighter # 110

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 01, 2014 6:07 am

Hey thanks Sam. I'm glad you appreciate these videos. :) The Fighter really does expand the ability to explore which is what I like most about it. :)

I have many idea's for other video's I can make. I think soon I will do a montage of all my wildlife encounters as I seem to have quite a few.

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » May 24, 2015 6:54 am

Blake

You really need to get a Lilly cam....

I think it's the view we all want to see in your videos :D

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » May 24, 2015 7:02 am

Totally agree...maybe for Christmas. :)

I should be able to make some more vids later this year...I think I'll have the bike back up and running finally in a few weeks. :)

I got my forced and passively cooled controller mounted today. :)
That's thermal padding in case your wondering.

This thing should rip it up and keep cool once I get going!

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » May 24, 2015 7:09 am

That looks awesome bud.

You need to bring it down and do dead horse gap and Cascades. I really love the red behind the holes in the hub..

Maybe some red or blue Leds in there would look call in low light 8)

Looks soooo cool

Allex
1 GW
1 GW

Post by Allex » May 24, 2015 6:15 pm

This will be interesting :)

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » May 25, 2015 5:44 am

Hey Blake where did you get the thermal padding from?

Does it transfer heat well?

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » May 25, 2015 6:59 am

kiwiev wrote:Hey Blake where did you get the thermal padding from?

Does it transfer heat well?

Cheers Kiwi
It's from here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121310196991
This stuff is 5W/mK which is mid-range thermal transfer. It was only about $10. You can get similar sized padding that will do 6-7W/mK for around $30, but I didn't think it was worth the extra cost.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JunPus-High- ... 367449301?

There's also 11W/mk in sizes that might fit your frame's cross bars well:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fujipoly-Ext ... 701212676?
I've also seen 14W/mk of this stuff as well.

Or, if your after the best thermal padding out there I would recommend this 17W/mk stuff...but it's ridiculously expensive!
https://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g8/c48 ... Page1.html
This 200 x 150 x 1.5 pad is $284.99 :!: :shock:

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » May 27, 2015 4:43 am

Hey Blake

Do the fans you use take vibration ok from rough trails etc. Also how many watts is you dc to dc converter can you post a photo

Cheers Kiwi :D

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » May 27, 2015 7:15 am

kiwiev wrote:Do the fans you use take vibration ok from rough trails etc. Also how many watts is you dc to dc converter can you post a photo
I'll answer that over on the thread that's about that mod...
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 1#p1052331

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » May 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Cheers mate

When you get it fired up post a video of all the fans going. I think we are all interested to see and hear this awesome setup :D

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 02, 2015 6:52 am

Conrad (Kiwiev) and I went for a great ride yesterday...until my rear wheel fell off!

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » Aug 02, 2015 7:08 am

Awesome Blake

We have to do more that is soooo cool having 2 cams

Cheers Kiwi

drew12345
10 kW
10 kW

Post by drew12345 » Aug 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Keep the videos coming. Really enjoy them.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Went for another ride with kiwiev on the weekend. This time down in Jindabyne, around the lake. Was an awesome ride resulting in a buckled rim, and 2 very hot hub motors. :twisted:

I realise it doesn't have my Stealth Fighter in it, but who cares. 8)

Cheers

FrustratedMrs
1 µW
1 µW

Post by FrustratedMrs » Aug 21, 2015 3:16 am

Hi there Cowardlyduck and friends,
Firstly, your videos are great, it gives a whole new dimension to the local scenery around our bush capital! The real reason for my post though is, I am hoping you might be able to help me find my husband.... I seem to have lost him somewhere in the land of ebikes.... He and a mate of his decided a while back that it would be cool to build one and since then it's become his reason to get up every morning! The problem is this; my hubby has built (successfully!) two bikes pretty much from scratch without issue but his mate who bought what he thought was the same kit from the same supplier turned up with a different controller (my hubby got the Kelly controller and friend has got a Cyclone/Headline controller)... Our mate has had nothing but dramas, he hasn't yet even been able to ride it, well not without full-time pedal power at least! The supplier had shipped out a new controller and after anxiously waiting a couple of weeks for it to arrive hoping this would sort out the issues, alas, same but slightly different problems.... Great! Whilst they are not certified ebike technicians they are both very clever and handy in these areas usually but the problem seems to be eluding them and so I am wondering if you, or anyone else who happens to be a local Canberran, could possibly share some knowledge and lend a hand!...??? I read your posts and you seem to know your s*#t, and you appear to have slightly more working knowledge regarding wiring/electrics/diagnostic troubleshooting and trying to troubleshoot with the supplier in the US has reached its limit seemingly....
Please help me so I can have my hubby back for just a couple of hours a day! If nothing else though, I know he is keen as to put his bike up against a Stealth model to see how they compare and find out if they are worth the big $$$$ etc!

Cheers
Lonely & frustrated wife from Canberra! :wink:

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 21, 2015 4:54 am

FrustratedMrs wrote:Hi there Cowardlyduck and friends,
Firstly, your videos are great, it gives a whole new dimension to the local scenery around our bush capital! The real reason for my post though is, I am hoping you might be able to help me find my husband.... I seem to have lost him somewhere in the land of ebikes.... He and a mate of his decided a while back that it would be cool to build one and since then it's become his reason to get up every morning! The problem is this; my hubby has built (successfully!) two bikes pretty much from scratch without issue but his mate who bought what he thought was the same kit from the same supplier turned up with a different controller (my hubby got the Kelly controller and friend has got a Cyclone/Headline controller)... Our mate has had nothing but dramas, he hasn't yet even been able to ride it, well not without full-time pedal power at least! The supplier had shipped out a new controller and after anxiously waiting a couple of weeks for it to arrive hoping this would sort out the issues, alas, same but slightly different problems.... Great! Whilst they are not certified ebike technicians they are both very clever and handy in these areas usually but the problem seems to be eluding them and so I am wondering if you, or anyone else who happens to be a local Canberran, could possibly share some knowledge and lend a hand!...??? I read your posts and you seem to know your s*#t, and you appear to have slightly more working knowledge regarding wiring/electrics/diagnostic troubleshooting and trying to troubleshoot with the supplier in the US has reached its limit seemingly....
Please help me so I can have my hubby back for just a couple of hours a day! If nothing else though, I know he is keen as to put his bike up against a Stealth model to see how they compare and find out if they are worth the big $$$$ etc!

Cheers
Happy to help...probably best if we private message though so as to not clutter up this thread. :)
Will PM you.

Cheers

Captaincrapper
10 µW
10 µW

Post by Captaincrapper » Aug 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Cheers
Wow! what a heart felt message there. I, like you, am new and stumbled across this thread. Man, cowardly duck really knows his stuff. Hopefully he will help you sort it out. That's so nice of him to answer your question straight away. What a great guy. BTW Stealth bikes are rad.

Rodney64
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Aug 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Cheers
My wife just read this and thinks you're just too supportive.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 21, 2015 7:34 pm

LOL - Appreciate all the kind comments. I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as some others on the forum, but do try to learn lots and share openly. :)

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » Aug 22, 2015 2:05 am

Cowardlyduck wrote:LOL - Appreciate all the kind comments. I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as some others on the forum, but do try to learn lots and share openly. :)

Cheers

Here here couldn't agree more mate

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 07, 2015 7:36 am

Went for an awesome ride with KiwiEV on the weekend.

I've done 2 versions of the video. Here is the long version for now:
Enjoy. :)

The short version is still uploading so I'll post it tomorrow.

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » Sep 07, 2015 2:52 pm

NICE

Nothing wrong with the long version :D

Cheers Kiwi