Lol
Those legs need some serious tanning :D

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Re: Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am

Getting some semi decent time-lapse shots with the GoPro. :)

The wider angle lens of the GoPro is good for this kind of open sky view. :)

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 49AH, 14S (51.1V) Sanyo 18650GA - 2.5Kwhr = 200km range!
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

The stuff I make and modify.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Mar 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi guy's,

Well I finally found the time last weekend to try and put together a decent video. This is Urambi hill which overlooks lake Tuggeranong in Canberra's south. I venture up this hill quite regularly and have made a crappy handlebar only video of it previously. I can say it's one of the best places to watch the sunset around here. :D
Enjoy :)
https://vimeo.com/157341682

I used one of my own tracks this time, and experimented quite a bit with different camera mounting positions.
Let me know what you think.

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 49AH, 14S (51.1V) Sanyo 18650GA - 2.5Kwhr = 200km range!

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 01, 2016 10:46 pm

Excellent vid, lots of view, great job CD!

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » Mar 01, 2016 11:11 pm

CD nice WORK :D :D

You really need to come down mate, even during the week as there a less people on the track.

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Mar 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi guy's,
Me and KiwiEV went on an awesome ride up to Thredbo on the weekend. Here's the video, Enjoy:
https://vimeo.com/160083638
As usual, the Vimeo video is better quality if that matters to you. :)

Cheers

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 23, 2016 11:30 pm

Really like the vids you and Kiwi make, this is no exception. Also very nice ambassadorship with the folks on ped only towards the end. Its that kind of interaction that will allow ebikers to have access to MTB trails without much dramas.

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » Mar 24, 2016 1:10 am

Rix wrote:Really like the vids you and Kiwi make, this is no exception. Also very nice ambassadorship with the folks on ped only towards the end. Its that kind of interaction that will allow ebikers to have access to MTB trails without much dramas.
Here here Rix you really need to come down under :D

Cheers Kiwi

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 24, 2016 5:58 pm

kiwiev wrote:
Rix wrote:Really like the vids you and Kiwi make, this is no exception. Also very nice ambassadorship with the folks on ped only towards the end. Its that kind of interaction that will allow ebikers to have access to MTB trails without much dramas.
Here here Rix you really need to come down under :D

Cheers Kiwi
I sure do! Everyday I think about how or what I could do that would pull a decent living in Australia. I play the lottery with intent of relocating if I win.

drew12345
10 kW
10 kW

Post by drew12345 » Mar 25, 2016 9:40 am

Great vid! Funny, since I started Ebiking, next place I move will be based around the trails. It will be several years though until kids are out of the house. In the meantime, I will do best of what I have.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » May 23, 2016 1:28 am

Went for a fun little ride yesterday up a local hill. Was the first time I've gotten out for a ride in a couple of months and it was a blast.

The video doesn't really show it well, but the track coming back down was INSANELY steep and sketchy.

Enjoy.

Cheers

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » May 23, 2016 4:27 am

Nice Vid CD, yah, that was super steep. When you can tell its steep on a GP, that means its GNARLY!

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » May 23, 2016 5:06 am

Rix wrote:Nice Vid CD, yah, that was super steep. When you can tell its steep on a GP, that means its GNARLY!
Yeah, pretty much spot on. I didn't include most of it coming back down cause it was so steep the footage was mostly rubbish.
I even had to walk it down a few spots cause I simply couldn't get my arse far enough back to stop from flipping over the front, the rear wheel was just permanently locked up and the front was also loosing traction due to no weight being on it.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jun 18, 2016 7:12 am

Hi guy's,

I met up with fellow ES users and Canberra locals Lash and 9lives today for a short ride around some of my local tracks while the weather held up.
We had 2 Flux Alpha's (one Lash and one 9lives), my Stealth Fighter and 9lives Phasor, all running Adaptto controllers, mine being the only Mini-E the others Max-E's.
We were very close to the area where my rear wheel fell off, when 9lives Phasor started smoking with his son riding it.
Thankfully we had a few GoPro's recording what happened next:

As you can see, we managed to avoid a fully blown fire, and were able to complete the ride. :)
I'm glad I always carry a bunch of Co2 with me on every ride. The main reason is to avoid having to change a tube if there's just a slow leak, but it's always been in the back of my mind that they could be useful for a situation exactly like this. :D

I'm still not exactly sure why it happened, but I'm sure there will be discussions around it. Since it was an Adaptto BMS, I've also posted it over in the Adaptto thread so those who are interested can discuss it there.

A proper video of the whole ride should be ready later in the week depending on how much time I have.

Cheers

Lash
10 W
10 W

Post by Lash » Jun 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Look forward to the video, Canberra has some nice spots to ride from your front door.

Sent from my ThL W8 using Tapatalk

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jun 19, 2016 11:41 pm

Close call, does anyone know what caused the fire?

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jun 20, 2016 12:48 am

Rix wrote:Close call, does anyone know what caused the fire?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 9#p1196649
9lives wrote:This is a good example of the risks of lipos and that fuses and cutoffs only go so far. In this instance a single cell let go (blew out corner of Cell) and the ensuing voltage differential appears to have fried a bms lead and in the process took out other balance leads. Nothing to do with the bms as the failure occurred before bms. Damage amounts to a few bms join cables and a 5 cell pack written off. The bike was running 20s3p so by disconnecting failed pack and turning bms off my son was able to ride out? If I didn't have the tool to access frame the video may have had a more exciting finale.
Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jun 20, 2016 7:33 am

Here's the video of the ride myself, Lash, 9lives and his son did on the weekend.

Still uploading now, but should be done in a few hours.

I have to say, after having a brief ride on Lash's Flux Alpha I do miss the raw power that kind of setup can offer. I'm looking forward to running 18S LiPo on my Fighter once again, and seeing what power I can squeeze out of my Mini-E at that voltage. I'm already pulling over 100A peak, but 52V Lifep04 with 600+ cycles doesn't really like it and sags over 12V on WOT. :roll:

Cheers

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jun 20, 2016 3:59 pm

Nice Vid CD, good mix of fire roads and single track, and fire extinguishing at the end. :mrgreen:

Lash
10 W
10 W

Post by Lash » Jun 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Hey nice editing CowardlyDuck, Having a couple of cameras with a few riders really makes a difference. Even though I have (hopefully safer?) 18650s pack, I think I will get a bunch of C02 cylinders, or even a super mini fire extinguisher, just in case. That was pretty scary upon reflection. Lucky 9lives had a screwdriver/tool to get to it quickly (and your C02s). What was interesting is that it really did keep on smoking and flaring up, just as we thought it was out.

As much as we love electric power, you do have to appreciate its mysterious evil ways :twisted: .

Lash.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Re: Cowardlyducks - Videos

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 31, 2016 3:47 am

Hi guys,

There's not a huge list of things I like more than E-Biking, but Skiing is definitely one of them. Family is another, which is why I barely get to go Skiing these days as I have 3 kids under 5.
So when the opportunity arose, I took the day off work and went skiing at Thredbo on Wednesday, just for the day. It was the first time I've managed to go skiing in about 3 years, so I was a little rusty, but super keen to go as it had been snowing for half the week leading up to my trip.
I didn't go with the intention of making a great video, so just left the GoPro in my chest mount recording the whole time, but the footage did turn out half decent IMO.
Here's video:

As you can see if you watched to the end, I had a bunch of stacks. I'm definitely not as fit as I used to be and I start stacking it more as I get tired.
After seeing how easily I could do it this time by going in a fully packaged bus service, I think I might make this an annual event. :D

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » Jul 31, 2016 4:12 am

Its a bugger I couldn't make it mate, snow looks good.

The electric skidoo when well 8) , off to perisher and the National parks to demo.

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 31, 2016 5:17 am

Yeah, the snow was epic! Mind you I'm easy to impress when I haven't been for 3 years.

Would love to hear/see more about the skidoo. Strap a GoPro on next time you head out.

Your skidoo idea got me thinking when I was up there, I haven't seen any electric Skis yet.
I reckon it wouldn't be too difficult to strap a decently powerful RC motor to each boot out from the side with a small paddle wheel on it. Add spring loading to keep it on the ground and a servo to retract it on command and you would have boosted skiing to get you almost anywhere on the mountain. :)
Batteries could be in a backpack or sit on top of the inner portion of the skis.

What do you think?

Cheers

kiwiev
100 kW
100 kW

Post by kiwiev » Jul 31, 2016 5:42 am

Cowardlyduck wrote:Yeah, the snow was epic! Mind you I'm easy to impress when I haven't been for 3 years.

Would love to hear/see more about the skidoo. Strap a GoPro on next time you head out.

Your skidoo idea got me thinking when I was up there, I haven't seen any electric Skis yet.
I reckon it wouldn't be too difficult to strap a decently powerful RC motor to each boot out from the side with a small paddle wheel on it. Add spring loading to keep it on the ground and a servo to retract it on command and you would have boosted skiing to get you almost anywhere on the mountain. :)
Batteries could be in a backpack or sit on top of the inner portion of the skis.

What do you think?

Cheers
Lol it reminds me of grass skis I seam to remember they had a track on rollers could mount a motor to the tracks :?

The only thing is the fun police, it was really hard to get the electric Skidoo into the national parks.

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 31, 2016 6:46 am

kiwiev wrote:Lol it reminds me of grass skis I seam to remember they had a track on rollers could mount a motor to the tracks :?

The only thing is the fun police, it was really hard to get the electric Skidoo into the national parks.
True, but they can't complain about what they can't see. ;)
I'm thinking something you could completely transport in a backpack, take out at the top of a lift, bolt on in about 5min and be on your way.
All the resorts currently put up area boundaries downhill from the tops of lifts cause that's where everyone has to go. They not thinking about anyone going any higher...yet.

The cool thing is, it really wouldn't cost too much to put something like this together. If I find myself with more time in a few years I might try and whip something up and try it out. :D

Cheers