Mental Manno

dred

100 µW
Hey guys,
I thought I'd post about my adventures over the last year or so. Called my bike Mental Manno

Everything is made from blank paper. Starter from ergonomy, CAD engeneering, then helping my cousin in workshop to finish what I imagined. The position of driver is almost like on normal moutain bike hard tail frame. The angle of the back of the raider on normal mountain bike is 45 degrees . On my bike is 35 degrees. In means more comfort. The frame is full suspension. This is mine third electric bicycle frame I made from the scratch.
Let me show you some details:

Drive and battery:
Battery: 20Ah (A123), 48V LiFePO4 battery,
Power: 2x360 W brushless hub motors (separetely activate),
Controler: 2x6FET
Recuperation: No,

Digital dashboard and battery monitoring:
The Cycle Analyst V1

Charger:
Integrated on board.

Frame and front fork:
Size: 21“
Girder type custom made front fork.
Full suspension

Material:
Cr-Mo and stainless steel

Brakes:
Breaking system: Gatorbrake 6 piston hydraulics disc brakes. Front rotor 203mm, rear rotor 160mm.

Tyres and rims:
Tyres: Schwalbe Fat Frank 26x2,3“
Rims: Aluminium aloy doublewall 46mm wide.

Bottom Bracket drive:
Schlumpf innovations speed-drive.

Saddle:
Brooks leather saddle.

Lights:
Front and rear: Retro design with LED technology.
2n9exbr.jpg

332azj4.jpg

r289hl.jpg

2z9kv85.jpg

2f0gav6.jpg

Awesome! I love the rectangular 20-Ah battery down low, and firmly mounted inside the "triangle". I also have a soft spot for the Old Skool front forks like that.

You might consider cutting the seat-tube a little shorter, so you can install a suspension seat-post. I have a Thudbuster, but there are several styles available:

http://www.electricbike.com/suspension-seat-posts/

Oooops! just noticed it has rear suspension. Could you please take a close-up pic of the linkage at the rear of the shock? (pics can be 650 wide if you like)

Perfect, good job. We all know how much effort and time goes into builds like that. Keep up. Post more closeups if possible.

You might consider cutting the seat-tube a little shorter, so you can install a suspension seat-post. I have a Thudbuster, but there are several styles available:

Of course, but this is the most about design, and not so much about speed,power, and all possible technical options

congratulations mister
i can see you are great engineer ill come asap visiting you possible we can doo some busnies :)

thank you guys. It means a lot to me!!!

Will post some detail in higher resolution. Have some pics form workshop with detail of construction and welding process. Will post it too.

The bike is full suspended. Okay you can`t expect deap swing on Girder type front fork. After all, that kind of fork is predecessor of modern type forks, but it works satisfactorily.
I didn`t install suspension seat post just not to spoil design of the bike. That was my thoughts during CAD modeling. But now as you said (@ spinningmagnets) it could look nice. Yep it is doable.

Thanks again to HAL and Zelena Vozila crew for all the help and encourage.

After all I am setisfied that I am capable now to deal with ergonomics too. I was always struggle with bicycle salespersons about right size of bicycle for me...Now they can not full arround with me :)

there is some question how rear fork works. There is some 2D explanation:

2i75jrq.jpg

This is unladen bike. BB is 73mm (2.87") wide. Standard width...

11gnc4p.jpg

Max suspended. Gives 2" of travel. Enough for city bike...

Since there are only a few diameters of a frames seat-tube, and they are almost always round (lots of odd-shaped hydro-formed tubing these days), I like having the rear shock mounted high like that. It leaved the seat-tube open for battery pack clamping options. And I also like the squared-off front of the bottom of this frames "triangle". On the DH frame I'm using right now, that seems to be wasted space, and it's perfectly appropriate for the battery pack, to keep its weight down low.

There have been several examples here of a swingarm that clamps to bearings that are mounted around the BB-tube-ends, to allow the proper suspension movement without chain-growth. It's a clever solution that I hope to see more of.

I'm a documented fan of the Thudbuster (and similar seat-posts), because I currently have a DH hardtail frame. But since I adjusted the riders posture to be more upright, the TB is almost a requirement for my old spine. In my sig is the link to a longtail full-suspension, and how I easily assembled it using the ideas of others posted here. With the combination of low seat, fat tires, and full-suspension front and rear...it rode like a dream floating on a cloud. I agree, a suspension seat-post is unnecessary for combinations like this.

Well done, sir!

Thank you Mr. spinningmagnets!

It it honor to be hooked on your cool web site with all of this cool guys from ES.

I would like to congratulate ES member dred (Zlatko Vidic, from Croatia), on his custom E-bike being featured in "Electric Bike Action Magazine"!

I just read the April issue, and he has three full pages!

Back