Norco VPS2 with MAC 7T, 12S 3P turnigy Lipo.

RC_guy

10 W
Hey guys,
Just thought I would share my build.
My goals were:
1- 26km range to get to work, 22km of the ride is on a very nice bike path from the atwater market to 55th avenue in lachine
2- Battery easily removable to charge at work
3- Reliable
4- Faster than my car when stuck in traffic
5- Some kind of rain protection

So far I've got about 4000kms on the bike and its so reliable. I have the 40amp controller from cellman and I sometimes peak at 45amps with no problems what so ever.
Yeah the torque arms are way overkill for this power but I wanted to be safe. The part on the dropout if 3/8" thick welded to a1/4" plate that goes to the tubes.

With this setup, I remove my battery in about 3 seconds and it takes me about 30 seconds to connect it and do the straps

I can get to work at WOT (55kmh) on fresh batteries...Its so fast. The battery pack is ready to accommodate another 6S brick on both sides. The balance and main leads are soldered and waiting just in case. I put a tinny 150ohms resistor on my controller negative wire, you just need to touch the resistor wire for 2 seconds before connecting. That way I don't get those awful 12S sparks that eat up connectors
My summer tires are much fatter than these winter ones. The fender look kinda geeky but I can go through puddles at WOT and just a few drops get to my feet.

I'm trying to decide on the CA V3 or V2.3. The main feature that interests me is the current throttle...

And when I was doing the research for my build, GNG had just came out and there was no feedback on it. That is why I went with MAC

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 831
  • batt frame.jpg
    batt frame.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 831
  • batt pack.jpg
    batt pack.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 831
  • torque1.jpg
    torque1.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 831
  • torque2.jpg
    torque2.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 831
  • charging.jpg
    charging.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 831
  • spark arrestor.jpg
    spark arrestor.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 831
RC_guy said:
I'm trying to decide on the CA V3 or V2.3. The main feature that interests me is the current throttle...

And when I was doing the research for my build, GNG had just came out. That is why I went with MAC

Did not know that there was a 7T Mac, but it must be fast. Read the manual from Teklektik on the CAv3. Power throttle is even better than current throttle, but you will only get that on the CAv3. In my view, well worth the additional money over the CAv2.

Back