Post Pics of your electrified 26'r !

Ottodog

100 W
We've some really imaginative and cool looking 26 inch e-bikes around here and I thought it would be nice to have a photo collection of them all in one place. If you got 'em, please post 'em. A few lines about what went into your project would be cool too. :)

6aZBc8c.jpg

Nearly finished! Bad enough (on a budget) for my daily commute. 3000 watt 80 amp Greetime controller, Golden Motor 901 hub motor, 2x 48 volt 10 amp/hr GM batteries, CA v3, home brewed frame. Built from parts I already had laying around my workshop except the frame tubing.

I'm about to mod and build another of these :)
Norco, 200mm travel, proper Horst rear end.
11033013_946439052033556_79349803_n.jpg

It'll ride over a fridge :)

Fusin Test Bike:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39877

This one doesnt' exist anymore, but it's one of only 3 *all-26"* ebikes I've made so far. (CrazyBike2 counted at one point, but presently it's a 26"/20", and is the most "badass" bike i've got so far, as far as any of mine might be generously called that :lol:) I still have the frame and stuff, but it's all redistributed over other projects now.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Like all my stuff, it has to be able to haul heavy loads, and this one did ok with trailers full of dogfood:

file.php

file.php

Here's my weight weenie full carbon Commencal - a Meta 55. Carbon seat, seatpost, bars and frame.
Given the heritage of these frames I was afraid to get it dirty at first :mrgreen:
mmm, mud.

View attachment 1
$_57b (2).JPG

DayGlo Avenger, MkII
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15570

This one, much older than the above, also doesn't exist as such anymore; the frame has cracks in the rear seatstay area and other issues, so I can't trust it with heavy laods and whatnot. Half of it is still together, but most of it's lighting and other stuff has been moved to other projects.

It had several different motorificatorizations over the years:

A friction drive, from radiator fan motors
file.php

file.php

which didn't work all that well so I made this other version that did pretty ok
file.php

file.php

A long time later, with muchfaded paint and a fusin geared hub
file.php

and ti's of course made for cargo hauling too, both dogfood *and* dogs:
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

then after I got a 9c DD hub, a junked honda scooter, some more paint, and time:
file.php

file.php

file.php

image.jpgimage.jpg. My MXUS 3000w commuter / tame off roader with 80v / 50A currently until new 18fet modded controller fitted. Beefy components, Saint brakes, 888's and custom batt box. Double Cree headlights to complete the "Totally non- stealth" approach :D
(Ok Ok, only the front wheel is a 26'r !)

file.php

Here is mine...
Gng motor
Unusual "aggressive" fronte suspension frame
48v battery (making a new 60v one)
26*2.4 maxxis tires
Climbs like a drunk goat
And..... PINK mudguards!

Attachments

• IMG_20150526_211601.jpg
    IMG_20150526_211601.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 3,663
Ottodog » Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 am
Nice job fellow! That's the stealthiest placement of batteries I've ever seen. How many Amp Hours were you able to stuff in there?
Thank you:). The white one has 36 pcs of Panasonic NCR18650PF batteries inside, 2 packs with 18s each. Range 25km. 5.8Ah at 18s (67V nominal, 75.6V HOTC), probably a bit less than 400Wh IRL. I'm still fine tuning its LVC to get most of it. The yellow one has 26 pcs of Panasonic NCR18650PF inside, 2 packs with 13s each. Range 18km. It is 5.8Ah at 13s (48V nominal, 54.6V HOTC).

Post by meelis11 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:22 am
Did you cut the frame to make hole? Or how did you put battery inside frame?
White one:
file.php

I removed the front badge and drilled the 21mm hole (18mm drill). That hole is later hidden by replaced badge. Second hole is hidden by 21mm on/off switch. Third small hole is where the cables are leaving the frame, close to the on/off switch. Controller is above the shock absorber, in between the plates. I can take out and replace all the batteries in about 15 minutes, if needed.
Yellow one: One hole behind the front badge, second hole where all cables are leaving the frame. Controller in the first aid kit. It takes few hours to remove/replace the batteries on this one.
Very Stealthy!

Where is your 1kW controller and where exactly are the batteries...? :shock:
The controller is custom made "Frankenstein" S06S hack. You can click on the "triebfluegel" link on my signature, and you can see where the controller is hidden :D . Picture is here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=166710

I used high voltage so I can keep switches, wire thickness, motor and controller size down (volt up, gear down thinking). Motor has 12.6:1 internal gearing, it is like having much bigger diameter DD. You just have to cool it and rev it high enough:). It follows the laws of physics and is not burnout capable, but it pulls really good at high revs.

Back