My KMX trike with dual 930w Cyclones hidden behind the seat

Very impressive! Lovely looking machine and nice compact motor installation.

How does the KMX handle at speed? Does the lack of suspension make for a rather rough ride or is it quite acceptable?

The several Cyclones I've had have tended to be a bit noisy and unreliable unfortunately - have yours been ok?

Fancy looking ride :) and the motor mount looks very stable,how is the main frame flex compared to stock?

Frakentrike said:
Very impressive! Lovely looking machine and nice compact motor installation.

How does the KMX handle at speed? Does the lack of suspension make for a rather rough ride or is it quite acceptable?

The several Cyclones I've had have tended to be a bit noisy and unreliable unfortunately - have yours been ok?
Thanks! It handles well at speed, once you get used to it. The ride is on the rough side, but it needs to be in order to have good cornering capability. It helps with the noise to have the motors behind me. So far they have been quite reliable.

beast775 said:
Fancy looking ride :) and the motor mount looks very stable,how is the main frame flex compared to stock?
There is less frame flex now than before.

Sweet ride. How does the dual Cyclones work out? Fierce acceleration or more subtle? What kind of power are you able to pull?
Looks very stealth. Hard to tell you had it electrified at first glance.

macribs said:
Sweet ride. How does the dual Cyclones work out? Fierce acceleration or more subtle? What kind of power are you able to pull?
Looks very stealth. Hard to tell you had it electrified at first glance.

Fierce acceleration, and not subtle at all. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with a bafang motor.

Im looking to bild my one trike, also kmx
What type of befang?
What wood you change if you hade to do it again.

Stijn

If I had it to do over again I would have gone with a bafang motor

I wouldn't hastily change that because One 36v 960w cyclone with a good battery are known to have awesome torque and power can peak at over 1600w which is a lot more then one 48v 750w bafang kit.. so if you were running dual 36v 960w cyclone you would have a lot more power and torque on the cyclones then you would with a single or double bafang 750w.

if you wanted quieter you could get the AFT version of this motor as I think they use plastic gears now.
http://www.aft-ebike.com/upgrades.html

- How to get tension on the chain when you shift your gears from the first group.

I have the same trike, and i am thinking to install a BBs2 bafang,
My idea is pretty simple, i don't whant to install the Bbs2 on fhe front axel. ( not stealt)
So i wood drill a hole in the frame and weld a bottom bracket inside it.
I yust wood need a extra system to get tension on the chain.

Dus this looks like a good idea.

Stijn

Hi! What did you use to mount the cycle analyst? I'm looking for a solution on my kmx recumbent.
regards Shane

Back