LMX 81

bzhwindtalker

100 kW
Some pics of our latest test bike, suspension is on point but we still have to reduce chain noise a bit, we have issues sourcing #219 drive sprokets so we have to laser cut our own out of 12mm XC70 steel and heat treat them wich makes it hard to have a good precision (=low noise)

It uses a 10S6P battery with panasonic cells and custom solderless construction. We have more testing to do on the solderless packs but we will offer beta test kits at cost in the near future.

Weight is 27.8kg, we could save 2kg by going from a 50mm stataor to a 25mm stator motor like the original GNG one, plus another few hundred grams on the components.

20170304104925.JPG

2.5 hours ride the other day on 650 wh
I machined a diffrent front sproket now that did reduce the noise a bit, in any case it is much lower than a chain drive or even belt drive GNG style kit

[youtube]5-dFz1vzNLQ[/youtube]

We Modified one of our LMX 81 motors to fit the smaller 25mm stator from a old GNG kit, bringing the weight down to 25.7kg for the speed pedelec model with 60 cell battery, heavy brakes and 180mm travel. happy about this, it's a real bike!

The second bike in the pic with air shock and fox fronts is 29kg, with 16S6P 30Q battery
IMG_20170520_104005.jpg
IMG_20170520_162520.jpg

Adam

Yeah ! looks really cool, for sure it could be my bike :mrgreen:
Nice light setup :) what ratio do you use for the little motor ?
60 cells, so 10s6p ? with this 1.5kW how it work compartly to your test in 10s with to your lmx motor ? (power, vmax)
Many thanks !

Yes the battery in our test bike is 10S6P 36v, we do 40-45A peak or about 1600w from it. The top speed is about 40km/h and torque is very good, you can climb anything with a little pedal help.

With the 16S6P setup the power is very impressive, it is hard to keep the front wheel down! top speed is more than 60km/h

Thank you veru much for this info ! I'm waiting for my new bike :p ... So project started !!!

I would like to mount a motor like yours LMX one, but I dont think I need that power one this bike (and if it could handle/support a 10hp capacity motor :roll: ).
So this little smaller and lighther 25mm stator from a GNG could be a nice choice i guess (you talk about something like that :arrow: 1500W Motor for Mid Drive kit 69mm larger).
Not that I make conter-pub ( ou de la pub pour eux, loin de là ! Je préférerais prendre votre moteur, direct ici en France, moins cher et bien plus performant ! Mais je recherche vraiment un gain de place/encombrement pour ne pas gêner le pédalage de mon montage type middledrive) ... sorry guys, some hard times with english :mrgreen:
What is the spec/size of your motor ?

It will be a 10s pack for start so when you say
bzhwindtalker said:
Yes the battery in our test bike is 10S6P 36v, we do 40-45A peak or about 1600w from it. The top speed is about 40km/h and torque is very good, you can climb anything with a little pedal help.
With the 16S6P setup the power is very impressive, it is hard to keep the front wheel down! top speed is more than 60km/h
This is very good and just what i'm looking for ! But you tolk about your LMX motor (you say our test bike) or the one in test on this lightweight setup ?..
bzhwindtalker said:

I' was looking for somes spec about your rear wheel, and it's good I find it on the LMX REAR HUB V2 page, its 143 mm larger...
Rear hub specific to LMX with integrated spacers
Dual disk style 6xM5 disk side 6x M6 sproket side
12x143mm axis
and my wheel set is : DT SWISS E1900 SPLINE 27,5", Rear Wheel 12x142 mm Thru Axle (!!!haaa!!!), XD Driver (FrontW 15x100)
I will MP you I think for a talking about this integrated spacer :lol:

PS : your web site looks amasing, it's upgraded any time I go to check it ! Really really great front page guys !! :wink:

Good continuation, big to the LMX Team !

Riako

A customer came to pick up frame N°15 today, built up as a "offroad edition" lmx 81 with upgraded front forks.
The battery is 16S6P and it has all the latest evolutions exepted the new rear hubs with sram XD compatibility that we will only receive in september.

View attachment 1

Back