Cyclone 3kw Yeti 575 build

bchampig

1 W
Here's my first ebike build. I used the Cyclone kit as a starting point, and machined new brackets, rewired the controller, and upgraded the drivetrain. For batteries, I'm running dual Multistar 16AH Lipos in a seatpost rack. The seatpost rack has extra support from a seatmount clamp, and the whole battery setup is very rigid.

I'm running the Cyclone in mode 2 at the moment and I'm happy with the performance as a trail bike. I'd like to wire up a three position switch to select the three modes on the fly. I think mode 1 would be useful when the trails get tight and technical since the thumb throttle is a little touchy at the moment.

The top speed with my current gearing is only about 28MPH as I'm not using the 11t cog on the cassette(Derailleur limit screw adjusted to avoid it). I expect mode three would make up for that and let me break 30MPH.

As for the drivetrain, I started out with the standard white's ENO freewheel and it quickly developed play in the bearings. I swapped to the stock freewheel with dual bearings, and I have the UHD freewheel on hand in case the stock one fails.

I don't expect to go any higher than 12S and 40A on the controller since I want the bike to be reliable. I've already bent a rear 21T cog when I accidentally shifted under load. These MTB parts aren't really made for this.

Regards,
Brian

Attachments

• EBIKE2.jpg
    EBIKE2.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • cyclone3.jpg
    cyclone3.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 1,018
spinningmagnets said:
I am VERY impressed by your custom mounting brackets. Well done, sir...well done!

Thanks for the kind comments! All of the CNC work was done with my small Taig CNC mill.

Regards,
Brian

Back