'Triangle power'

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Post Reply
Mongo1
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm

'Triangle power'

Post by Mongo1 » Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Thought I'd post this for anyone interested. I build stuff all the time and wanted to build an ebike that was light weight, reliable, mid-drive mechanicals, original and fun. This is the conventional of the two drives I was designing (the other a bit more exotic but not practical).
Using (UPDATED):
-Nishiki hardtail
-Turnigy 6374 motor (168 KV) (10x primary redux X 3.5x secondary to crank) = a bit faster than pedaling speed :D
-Graupner 60 amp/36 volt esc(burnt out by accident) replaced with Phoenix HV80 Edge (note: Graupner esc has superb startup from standstill).
-Cycle Analyst V3
-PAS enabled using AUX potentiometer as manual control (GrinTech=Brilliant :) Being able to override PAS with throttle is awesome!!!
-Using DROK DP505A voltage regulator to supply low voltage for lights, etc.
-Using 4 car jump start battery packs in back pack (48 volts, limit at 60 amps)
-Increased voltage to 48V (speed is now 40+ mph, pcm not at highest possible msec :)
-total weight (with batteries) = 45 Lbs.

Triangle power cycle.jpg
'Triangle power'
Triangle power cycle.jpg (144.02 KiB) Viewed 280 times
TriPower2.jpg
TriPower2.jpg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 423 times
TriPower3.jpg
TriPower3.jpg (105.5 KiB) Viewed 423 times
TriPower1.jpg
TriPower1.jpg (114.4 KiB) Viewed 423 times
Triangle power mini PAS.jpg
Triangle power mini PAS.jpg (102.37 KiB) Viewed 403 times
Last edited by Mongo1 on Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ebikealltheway
1 mW
1 mW
Posts: 15
Joined: Apr 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by ebikealltheway » Nov 07, 2017 10:55 pm

How hard was it fabricating all those custom looking mid mounts?

User avatar
eCue
100 W
100 W
Posts: 105
Joined: Nov 03, 2017 5:14 pm
Location: Vancouver Island , Canada

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by eCue » Nov 25, 2017 12:06 am

Thats a seriously beastly RC motor and a good hack !
"98 Quintana roo Panamint 350w mxus build link - https://endless-sphere.com/forums/view ... =6&t=91627

Buk___
100 W
100 W
Posts: 198
Joined: Jul 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by Buk___ » Nov 25, 2017 12:49 am

Mongo1 wrote:
Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm
...
Nice build.

As an aside, any chance of a close-up of your front light setup.

At first I thought that attaching it there wasn't good -- unsuspended weight, unmitigated road shocks etc. -- but the more I think about it, the fact that the light/beam doesn't bounce up and down probably makes a huge amount of sense. I'd like to see how you did it?

Mongo1
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by Mongo1 » Dec 01, 2017 1:01 pm

ebikealltheway wrote:
Nov 07, 2017 10:55 pm
How hard was it fabricating all those custom looking mid mounts?

It's simple, really. Just two sheets of 0.20 in of 6060 Aluminum bolted together with 4 bolts at a distance that allow it to fit on insulated down tube and seat tube . Makes this setup very light weight while being very rigid.

Mongo1
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by Mongo1 » Dec 01, 2017 1:06 pm

eCue wrote:
Nov 25, 2017 12:06 am
Thats a seriously beastly RC motor and a good hack !

Thanks!! This motor, geared properly, is more capable than people would think :) Also, I made and bolted an impellor at the end to assist with cooling (no issues with heat so far).

Mongo1
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by Mongo1 » Dec 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Buk___ wrote:
Nov 25, 2017 12:49 am
Mongo1 wrote:
Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm
...
Nice build.

As an aside, any chance of a close-up of your front light setup.

At first I thought that attaching it there wasn't good -- unsuspended weight, unmitigated road shocks etc. -- but the more I think about it, the fact that the light/beam doesn't bounce up and down probably makes a huge amount of sense. I'd like to see how you did it?

Thanks!! Will provide close up of the light asap. That location worked out really well, for me.

Mongo1
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by Mongo1 » Dec 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Buk___ wrote:
Nov 25, 2017 12:49 am
Mongo1 wrote:
Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm
...
Nice build.

As an aside, any chance of a close-up of your front light setup.

At first I thought that attaching it there wasn't good -- unsuspended weight, unmitigated road shocks etc. -- but the more I think about it, the fact that the light/beam doesn't bounce up and down probably makes a huge amount of sense. I'd like to see how you did it?

Here are a couple of images. I don't do much off-roading right now so haven't had a problem of light bouncing around (if needed I can always mount it on handlebar).
light small 2.jpg
light small 2.jpg (94.62 KiB) Viewed 106 times
light small front.jpg
light small front.jpg (58.41 KiB) Viewed 106 times

User avatar
eCue
100 W
100 W
Posts: 105
Joined: Nov 03, 2017 5:14 pm
Location: Vancouver Island , Canada

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by eCue » Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Mongo1 wrote:
Dec 01, 2017 1:06 pm
eCue wrote:
Nov 25, 2017 12:06 am
Thats a seriously beastly RC motor and a good hack !

Thanks!! This motor, geared properly, is more capable than people would think :) Also, I made and bolted an impellor at the end to assist with cooling (no issues with heat so far).
Im not at the stage in my ebiking development to be doing this *yet* but would be cool to see a photo of how the Fan is attached for future building.
"98 Quintana roo Panamint 350w mxus build link - https://endless-sphere.com/forums/view ... =6&t=91627

Buk___
100 W
100 W
Posts: 198
Joined: Jul 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by Buk___ » Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Mongo1 wrote:
Dec 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Here are a couple of images. I don't do much off-roading right now so haven't had a problem of light bouncing around (if needed I can always mount it on handlebar).

light small 2.jpg

light small front.jpg
Thanks! Looks like a neat way to get the light where you want it.

Mongo1
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: 'Triangle power'

Post by Mongo1 » Dec 07, 2017 11:53 am

eCue wrote:
Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm
Mongo1 wrote:
Dec 01, 2017 1:06 pm
eCue wrote:
Nov 25, 2017 12:06 am
Thats a seriously beastly RC motor and a good hack !

Thanks!! This motor, geared properly, is more capable than people would think :) Also, I made and bolted an impellor at the end to assist with cooling (no issues with heat so far).
Im not at the stage in my ebiking development to be doing this *yet* but would be cool to see a photo of how the Fan is attached for future building.
The impellor is drilled out to fit over the shaft and attached with the 4 bolts provided to the back of the motor.
Turnigy 6374 motor.jpg
Turnigy 6374 motor.jpg (41.84 KiB) Viewed 71 times

Post Reply