NYX in the mix

Willow

10 kW
Currently on vacation and have phone in hand and time to kill, so posting some pics of one of my recently completed bikes.

NYX with Cromotor quenched with statorade and hubsinks. Max-E controller and 21s 18p Samsung 30q pack. Using moto rims and tires and full 12v system including headlight, tail and brake light, indicators and horn.

PART_1522896671600.jpeg
PART_1522896734630.jpeg
PART_1522896774301.jpegPART_1522896796767.jpegPART_1522896833412.jpegPART_1522896868699.jpegPART_1522896917160.jpegPART_1522896945711.jpegPART_1522896986187.jpeg

Last one is the dc converter (lucent 100w) mounted to the back of the 12v junction board with connections for switches and accessories.

This one begs for a number plate (single vehicle approval) so you can ride with it like a moped on the roads with a smile past the cops.
Awesome that you could fit 21s18p into this frame. Thats probably the largest battery ever fit into a NYX.

How much range do you get at moped speeds (or about 70kmh)?

Has been built to comply to transport regs... At substantial cost. Kind of funny though that we are friends with the local cops who are also getting into high powered ebikes... So for now its not registered.

RidetheLightning got 22s 18p in there, so he takes the cake. I had the space but it meant one more 1p module, which i didn't bother with. At 70km/h might get 100km or more... But again have not ridden till empty. Lots of hills and windy roads... And a heavy wrist, as you do. RTL did a journey of around d 400km in a day, charging several times to get him there over the course of 9 hours.

with the weather getting slimier as winter comes closer, i decided to pop on the shinko sr241's i had stashed.
managed to totally mangle a tube getting the rear one on, it was a tubeless version and massively tough.
all the swearing was worth it :D they are the most awesome tyres.
bike feels so much more soild/secure on and off road, with minimal noise from the extra tread as a tradeoff
I had held out on putting these tyres on my nyx cause I thought the rolling resistance would be much more and affect efficiency but it seems to be basically the same as the thin 2.25" tyres i had on it before.

brumbrum said:
Cool build. That is a very well balanced pack!

It looks well build so it will stay well balanced.

I recently put statorade and hubsink on my cromotor at the same time and the difference in motor temp has been unbelievable. I'd previously come away from rides with 120C+ temps and would have to take several stops on route. Now i get no more than 70C anywhere on a ride and i no longer make stops and tend to ride with harder throttle throughout as i know there will be no spiralling overheating. Its been a revelation :D

ridethelightning said:
with the weather getting slimier as winter comes closer, i decided to pop on the shinko sr241's i had stashed.
managed to totally mangle a tube getting the rear one on, it was a tubeless version and massively tough.
all the swearing was worth it :D they are the most awesome tyres.
bike feels so much more soild/secure on and off road, with minimal noise from the extra tread as a tradeoff
I had held out on putting these tyres on my nyx cause I thought the rolling resistance would be much more and affect efficiency but it seems to be basically the same as the thin 2.25" tyres i had on it before.

Yep, those tyres are good huh! Missing mine. They wear reasonably well too. I'll have have a go to compare. 😀

I saved the swearing and got them fitted... Takes f'all with the machine.

floggn it through the murrel today-awesome! :D
[edit]murrel reserve= sandy peat tracks through dense scrub, hazards include occasional dog walkers..., tree roots..maybe snakes.

@brum, did you grind the paint off your cro before putting the hubsinks on?
the paint on my qs was really thick(and stubborn to get off) i really think it makes a huge difference to shedding the heat.
qs sink.JPG

Back