8kw Enduro Frame Build

Yermommy

10 W
Hi all! I’ll be using this thread to document my 8kw enduro frame build. I’m currently waiting for a few more parts to arrive and I should be able to finish it next weekend. Here’s a list of the parts I’ll be using:
  • White Enduro Frame
  • DNM fork
  • DNM rear shock
  • MXUS 3K Turbo 5T
  • Sabvoton 72v 150a controller
  • 72v 20ah 18650 battery pack, 70a continuous, 100a peak
  • 26” front wheel, 20mm thru axle
  • [strike]20[/strike] 24” rear wheel
  • 5” rise handle bar
  • Full twist throttle with voltage display and 3 way switch
  • [strike]160[/strike] 180mm mechanical disc brakes

I’ll try to keep this updated as I build, wire, and program everything!

Attachments

• A92B35D3-108D-4CFA-906B-73EBDEDB97A1.jpeg
    A92B35D3-108D-4CFA-906B-73EBDEDB97A1.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 5,530
What's the brand and source for your Enduro frame? What is the weight of the frame with swingarm? It looks significantly different than the one I have in some good ways...primarily that it's a monocoque structure instead of square tubing based, and I like that for the space savings. To me tubing just wastes space, and space for batteries is the biggest premium on our ebikes.

Nice ,

Looks like the Frame from Em3ev, did you buy the DNM fork from them ?
yours looks like a gold color coating on the legs , higher price on that fork than what we usually see from a DNM fork ?

That bike is going to be Allot of Fun .

John in CR said:
What's the brand and source for your Enduro frame? What is the weight of the frame with swingarm? It looks significantly different than the one I have in some good ways...primarily that it's a monocoque structure instead of square tubing based, and I like that for the space savings. To me tubing just wastes space, and space for batteries is the biggest premium on our ebikes.

Believe it or not, I actually got it from Amazon. There's a ton of extra space inside the frame, even with a 20ah battery. Could probably fit a 30ah if I build the next battery myself.

ScooterMan101 said:
Nice ,

Looks like the Frame from Em3ev, did you buy the DNM fork from them ?
yours looks like a gold color coating on the legs , higher price on that fork than what we usually see from a DNM fork ?

That bike is going to be Allot of Fun .

The frame is from Amazon and the DNM fork is as well. Paid $350 for the fork but I think it had been discounted from $450.

Wheel came in yesterday.

jo3F7Gc.jpg

uQSQKHQ.jpg

frame steel or aly?
i have worked on a cheap alu version with the square tubing which was light, but did not fill me with high amp confidence..
even the bolt on "torque plates" i diddnt realise, were painted blocks of soft aluminium which chewed just with testing the motor on the stand :shock:

What's the true weight of the raw frame? The Amazon listing says 23kgs :shock: , which can't be right since the shipping weight was less. That's definitely not the small square tubing based Enduro like sold by em3ev, which has tons of wasted space in the construction. This one looks cavernous inside. What's the interior width?

Aluminum Torque Plates ?

What was the version you worked on ?
meaning
Model and from which vendor .

ridethelightning said:
i have worked on a cheap alu version with the square tubing which was light, but did not fill me with high amp confidence..
even the bolt on "torque plates" i diddnt realise, were painted blocks of soft aluminium which chewed just with testing the motor on the stand :shock:

well u see i diddnt order it, i was working on it for a friend. i think he got it from leli ebikes or other china supplier but definately not em3ev

Liking this build might tag along.

I just ordered the MXUS 3k too

I hooked up the controller to the battery in order to do the angle testing. All went well, so I installed the tire. Just waiting for my front wheel to be rebuilt, then I'll have basically everything I need. Here's a few more pics of what's changed:

cf7dUkA.jpg

nMJXf9r.jpg

warhDWV.jpg

I mostly finished the build over the last 3 days, here are some pics of the wiring and (nearly) final product. I used a bunch of in-line wire connectors, insulated with shrink wrap and electrical tape instead of the gimmicky quick connects that were provided with the controller. I did this because no matter how good you are at soldering, joints are more likely to break loose than connected, shrink wrapped, electrical taped connections, plus you get the benefit of basically guaranteed waterproofing. I still need to add a rear brake rotor which is annoying because it involves removing the controller from the casing and disconnecting the phase wires. Despite missing the rear brake, I was able to take it around the neighborhood for a few miles. The front brake failed once (mechanical) because I didn't tighten the cable into the caliper hard enough; that was a little scary since I blew a stop sign but at least it wasn't a red light! The rear brake will be a project for about 2 weeks from now. Off to Mexico this Saturday!

qkHFAlv.jpg

P9sspJF.jpg

olnt1lI.jpg

I have this frame - or at least one that looks exactly like it, it's not an EEB one or EM3EV one, but is holding up pretty well (survived a few knocks!). It is steel construction, I bought off a guy advertising on here and paid $350 shipped which I think is a bargain (https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81828&hilit=tank+frame&start=150#p1303116). Mine weighs a tonne!

Out of interest - does yours have quite a bit of lateral play in the swingarm rubber bush? Mine has from new, I have just lived with it but always thought it left the handling a little sloppy.

Jon

jonnybump said:
I have this frame - or at least one that looks exactly like it, it's not an EEB one or EM3EV one, but is holding up pretty well (survived a few knocks!). It is steel construction, I bought off a guy advertising on here and paid $350 shipped which I think is a bargain (https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81828&hilit=tank+frame&start=150#p1303116). Mine weighs a tonne!

Out of interest - does yours have quite a bit of lateral play in the swingarm rubber bush? Mine has from new, I have just lived with it but always thought it left the handling a little sloppy.

Jon

Mine fits pretty well, I haven't noticed any play at all.

Very nice build! Im working on something similar!
The handlebar is quite large, why not use a BMX/MTC Endure Handlebar, where you have gained some additional space for a handlebar-Bag? something like this:

TragetascheKOSTKAmitKlappefuerBMXLenker_3.jpeg

Infinite Range said:
Very nice build! Im working on something similar!
The handlebar is quite large, why not use a BMX/MTC Endure Handlebar, where you have gained some additional space for a handlebar-Bag? something like this:

TragetascheKOSTKAmitKlappefuerBMXLenker_3.jpeg

Additional "snack bag" space. Looks like a bag of chips in that handlebar bag.

Yermommy said:
jonnybump said:

Jon

Mine fits pretty well, I haven't noticed any play at all.

Is it running yet?

Back