Rejected due to shipping "damage"

teslanv

1 MW
Built this one for a customer.
Box had a hole and a scratch on the rim, so he sent it back.
Some days I question my own sanity...

IMG_20180410_180529170_HDR.jpg

And "It's too small".

(It's a 22"Frame, the largest they make in this model)
So apparently this dude is like 6' 20". :roll:

teslanv said:
And "It's too small".

(It's a 22"Frame, the largest they make in this model)
So apparently this dude is like 6' 20". :roll:

Sad sack SOB. Sorry it happened to a good guy...
We should have a blackball list!

Great looking bike Barent, sounds like he had some buyer's remorse and was looking for an excuse. Doesn't know what he's missing.

Sounds as bad as people I read about who buy items on Amazon to compare in person then return all but one of the items :?
One person writing this was thinking he had beat the system when really was a straight up Douche bag

eCue said:
Sounds as bad as people I read about who buy items on Amazon to compare in person then return all but one of the items :?
One person writing this was thinking he had beat the system when really was a straight up Douche bag

Hahahaha! This is crazy! I see his point - Had he ordered first one item, didn't like it, then another and so on, he would have had to send back the ones he didn't like anayway. He did actually save some time, I give him that. But the whole work of putting that stuff back in the box and make it ready for shipping and taking it to the Post office makes it pointless.
It is unfortunate and may be frustrating for some people that one cannot get a true idea for an item just by looking at a picture of it online, but reading the reviews and browsing the web or checking Youtube usually points one in the right direction.

Its the shopping strategy of a nitwit and will likely lead to shipping policy changes if enough lazy fuks do it :D

damaged is damaged
shipping companies should be held responsible for ripped boxes, crashed boxes.
Common sight for example is wheel axle sticking out of the box - that's damage to me.
ultimately - how much shipping company can get away with?
right?

Have you ever tried to get a claim against a shipping company?

If the axle ate through to box then the sender did not pack it properly, according to the shipping company rules.

They generally tell you it is your fault for not packing it properly. They want it packed so it survives a six foot drop without damage, or whatever rule they decide that day. It is very difficult to collect unless they totally lose the shipment. Even then it is hard.

I tried to get a claim once but failed to be refunded when a sub woofer was damaged in shipping via FedEx.
The claim form I was send to fill was a poor photo copy type of form with impossibly small and faded print 12 pages of pretty much unintelligible words

It was a obviously a set up making it impossible to fill out exactly how they will accept it. I will never use FedEx again it happened 10 years ago.

I think they are all equivalent.

I knew a UPS guy who worked for awhile in the office that takes care of those claims. Their job is to find some reason to deny the insurance in all the forms and fine print. They almost never pay. I've had the same experience with UPS and USPS, never a payment for damage. They just waste your time until you give up.

One bike vendor I saw had huge boxes made for shipping bikes that say "LCD TV" clearly printed on the outside to reduce damage from poor handling.

Back