Set's ebike build V 1.5

set

10 W
Hello fellow ebikers!

This is my build version 1.5 . I started off with a 500W golden and too many things went wrong.

On to the build.

I purchased a new gen x5 from ebikes.ca. 5304 model. She sure is a beauty!

dscf1425.jpg

Here's my finished bike! Cheap walmart bike i purchased used for 100 bucks. I might swap to a hardtail later. It has on michelin city tires. They are skinny! I like how they have the reflective paint built in.

dscf1426.jpg

I spent quite a bit of cash on accessories. Too much! Pics show juicy 3 hydro in the front, juicy 7 hydro on the rear. Set up in moto style.

dscf1427.jpg

Heres the front disc brake.

dscf1428.jpg

rear.

dscf1429.jpg

Here a waterproof pannier i keep my gear in.

dscf1430.jpg

My 48V 20 AH battery from cammy!

dscf1431.jpg

This is what I used to pad and insulate the battery with. Nu foam! Suppose to be fire retardant. I liked the fact that it was SUPER thick. 5 bucks at walmart. (boycott walmart btw). :mrgreen:

dscf1432.jpg

This is my charger. It came with the standard connector that you find going into your computer power supply. I decided to swap it with xlr connectors. Female on the battery side and male on the charger side. Note: Disconnect the BMS from the battery before you cut the wires! I forgot to do that and go a huge spark when I cut both wires! It was a newbie mistake and I should've known better. My dikes are damaged from the arc. My heart rate went sky high. Good thing I'm only 23and healthy!

dscf1433.jpg

I was pretty disappointed when I found out that my rear juicy 7 didn't fit the rear hub! It was rubbing against the wall of the x5. I purchased shims and had to use a bunch of them to get the rear disc brakes to fit. Also like the bonehead I am, I destroyed a thread when I overtorqued one of the torx bolt! I''m thinking of tapping it or getting it coiled. For now, it's okay.

I wished I started with a hardtail. Theres too much unsprung weight and it makes the rear suspension almost useless. At least my saddle is comfy! I like how it came out. When the panniers are mounted, you could see the bottom half of the motor. That's stealthy enough for me. :mrgreen: I also wished I ordered 2 24v 20ah pack and wired them in series so it would be balanced on my panniers. It's no biggy... for now. I might get a 24V battery to piggyback with my 48V and put that in series. All that can wait. I didn't even rider her yet! It's been raining here for a week now. Tomorrow should start clearing up and i'll take her for a spin. I hope I get at least 25 mph. I've ridden her indoors and it is way torquer than my last golden. I can't wait!!

Back