Sound System On an E Trike

Something rain resistant would be good.
Theft resistant (or detachable) would be good too.
I've seen some boom box type things that claimed to be rain resistant, but I can't remember where. Most of them can run on 12v from a dc-dc converter.

I don't know what will work but the little radio Sony makes with a speedometer computer won't do well unless you are in a metro area and don't exceed 18 MPH or so. After that the wind noise drowns it out. Go slow and it's fine, fast and turn it off cause you can't hear it anyway.
Mike

You could put the amp and the speaker behind and/or under the seat then just plug an ipod or other mp3 player into it with a cord going to a pocket or some custom holder by your hip maybe.

why not putting something like that:
8)

it's my friend Mathieux aka MazdaSPL:

2-full-Mazdaspl01.jpg

some 3kW rms amps:

2-full-Mazdaspl03.jpg

only need 350A at 17V!!.. he has 4 of them... on 4 15" woofer

Or maybe to bypass HV DC-DC power supply inside and giving directly +/-72V direct from LiPo to the amp baord.. :shock:

Doc

Start with one of these amps:
http://www.si5.com/products.php?cID=42

Review here:
http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html

Tks

Lock

Can imagine that on a trailer behind the ebike but no power to move you @ all

But as for sound why not just an ipod or other mp3 player with head phones at a reasonable volume to hear other traffic

Although I use to have a cheap transistor radio hooked up to a dynamo on the front wheel took it of the bike when not using it (about 20 years ago thou)

numberonekiwi said:
But as for sound why not just an ipod or other mp3 player with head phones at a reasonable volume to hear other traffic

Turn that around, as, volume for other traffic to hear.

I am reminded of the Ride of the Valkyries in Apocalypse Now context:
"Gawd I love the smell of KY in the morning"

... well, something like that.

Just fun to have an EV that goes vroom-vroom sort of, to provide context for the "unwashed" and context for the thinkers.

tks

Lock

Back