very noo b

beast775

100 kW
hello est folks!getting my first ebike front hub.trying to wire up batteries.i was looking at the battery charts but really need to get the best way to power a front brushless 500w 36v hub!series parallel? thank you :shock:

Assuming you have three 12v lead acid batteries, you'll want to hook them up in series. For 6 or 9(!) batteries, use 3s2p or 3s3p to give 36v.

im takin the plunge into electric,i found a used full kit front hub pretty good 2 hrs use .but im used to wiring up motorcycles so anything more than 1 battery is new 2 me.im gonna order some sealed lead acid batteries today.i was looking at batteries on the forum index and got a little confused so i need someone to tell me how to wire up 3 batteries power to ground or steer me in the direction for schematics?also charging? :roll: thanx again im getting it from smartbikecanada.do you know these kits.ok im looking at diagrams,dont you want more ahs than volts?im a little confused aaahhhh

Have you seen the ev basic section on this forum, fechter started it recently and shows you in very detailed diagrams how to wire your batteries

chuck

yes ive been studying the schematics but cant grasp amp hrs vrs volts,series vs parallel just have to relearn old thinking i guess.i know amp hrs give longer running time but volts do not.maybe ill wake up tommorrow and figure it out,im just lookin for an easy way out i guess.im new to more than 1 battery hook ups.i;ll just keep reading.thanx

You want to hook up your 3 batteries like the second picture in this thread (in series):
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1312

You connect the batteries end to end, making one big 36v battery. After that you connect it to the controller. Hope this helps.

Are you sure you want to go with the lead acid? They are quite heavy, and require to be immediately charged after use? I bought a ni-cad set already configured, with a charger, just plug it in and go.

thats what i was lookin for!!!!!!back to basics for me.i was just tryin to get a little extra run time but ill need to spend some $$ until then thanx..

Back