70mph 112km/h.. on flat TODAY that's my new speed record !

Doctorbass

100 GW
Yesterday, with my Upgraded Giant, I did a little maintenance on my 24s3p zippy pack and rebalanced every single 1s3p to 4.200V ( I usually bulk charge at 4.150V) but to balance I preffer balancing at the top at the max volt.

Also I beefed and shortened every cable from the battery to the controller with some real 4 AWG wire. And upgraded to a Kelly 220A 120V ( 136V max).. the one I bought from Methods 1 years ago

That end out into significant result!!.. the voltage was above 96V under 10.3kW continuous until I reached the max speed of 112km/h on a long and clear paved road across the forest today while I returned to my work. ( remember i measured 8kW at exactly 100km/h last week)

I know my last record was 106kmh/ with the Infineon 18 fets and was limited by the lenght of the road but now that confirm that with same volt I get higher speed! =)

I saw… 101…102….103……..104……..105…………..106…………….107………………..108………………………..109…………………………..110……………………………….111………………………………….112 :mrgreen: !! until i reached the corner at the end of that street.

Again.. i am impress on how the ebike is stable!!

The no load speed is 163km/h

I now imagine that if I upgrade to 30s lipo my goal for 88MPH will be fesable!! ( I already ordered them! 4 more pack of 6s 25C)

Doc

I heard swbluto is gonna do 30S lipo. You had better kick it up a notch, hehe.

Congratulations

About time you try this kelly controller ;)

You will notice that the warmer the weather is the better the lipo work and the less air drag you get.
This is the inverse of internal combustion engines !

Try again when over 30C and 90% rel humidity.

Let us know

Bye

Joe90 said:
Congratulations

About time you try this kelly controller ;)

You will notice that the warmer the weather is the better the lipo work and the less air drag you get.
This is the inverse of internal combustion engines !

Try again when over 30C and 90% rel humidity.

Let us know

Bye

So true!!.. today... 26 celsius outside ( 32 with humidex) and 70% humidity

I really felt less air friction.. it is less dense and it make a real difference!

Doc

70mph

thats it????

Kidding LOL

i have good feeling about the hx motor in star/delta....

on only 16" wheel with scootor hub motor similar to 9c motor winding i achieve 106km/h gps certified...

this was on 150 amps controller with 24s 2p turnigy lipo...

i know have 24" wheel new hx motor ... watch out doc... i'm right behind you hehehe

-steveo

Nice Job!

I don't have the skills to build a commuter ebike that fast. 3mph more and you will be faster than my 72mph Vectrix e-Moto. I wonder which one cost less... :lol:

-JD

Hillhater said:
A braver man than I !.... :D

The no load speed is 163km/h
..I wonder what the result would be if you had that same set up , but in a 20" wheel ? ? :eek:
..more torque to get you up there quicker and just maybe push a little harder through that air ??

Problem with the 20" tire is that at that speed they DONT give you any stability! as soon as it touch a crack on the pavement or a puthole you sing for your death !

The 24" ( 25" real) tire i have HELP ALOT!!.. that wheel with a 5303 and a 20" with a 5302 is nearly the same. except that the 24" wheel is more suitable for stability also due to the centrifugal force that help keep from changing too fast of direction.

I usually see that at ultra high speed lik ethat, the real max speed is really close to 2/3 of the no load speed.

Dont forget.. that the 112 of today is not ncecesarely the max speed at 24s.. I neded to decelerate while iwas still accelerating due to the end of the road and the corner arriving fast!! :shock:

I know a longer street that will allow me to film that and show you that crazy speed catch on camera.

Goal for this summer.. 88MPH... to go back in the past and meet Mr. Tesla!

Doc

steveo said:
70mph

thats it????

Kidding LOL

on only 16" wheel with scootor hub motor similar to 9c motor winding i achieve 106km/h gps certified...

i know have 24" wheel new hx motor ... watch out doc... i'm right behind you hehehe

-steveo

Good to hear that Steveo!!.. I like competition! :mrgreen: :twisted:

But prepare to reach 140km/h if you want to stay in the game! :wink:

My kelly can take 136VDC and 220A phase current.. right now with 112kmh i'm at 96VDC on load

if it's not enough i'll use end by assembling one of the 36 fets monster :mrgreen:

I always keep in mind that Luke (Liveforphysics) reached the max admissible power with the HT wich is close to 10hp at the wheel on the dyno.

Right now i'm at 10-11kW electric power at 112km/h with my X5 that's 8hp..
I know that the motor is efficient at arond 85% at that speed so that's 9kW.. and 7hp at the wheel.

we'll see..

Doc

You're getting close to the speed of ol'pinky. ;)

Pinky can hold 70mph going up the long hill from my shop to my work. :)

Agni at 650amps FTW!

auraslip said:
I'd like to do this bike for this weeks ebike of the week if that's alright with you.... got any videos?

Sounds like something that'll blow people away :D

I wish to make a video of that speed, but problem is that each time i have a moment to do that , we have thunder and rain :evil: :roll: and i dont have anyone availlabe to film me.. just myself.. but i want to make a real good video with a cameraman and different point of view!

Please come to visit Quebec city and film my speed record!!! 8) :mrgreen:

my wife's brother is a plane pilot [and actually knows you!! well he saw you on TV]
I will ask him to film your record from the sky :)

Doctorbass said:
auraslip said:
I'd like to do this bike for this weeks ebike of the week if that's alright with you.... got any videos?

Sounds like something that'll blow people away :D

I wish to make a video of that speed, but problem is that each time i have a moment to do that , we have thunder and rain :evil: :roll: and i dont have anyone availlabe to film me.. just myself.. but i want to make a real good video with a cameraman and different point of view!

Please come to visit Quebec city and film my speed record!!! 8) :mrgreen:

70mph.....High skills my man, quality hooning indeed!! I hope you have a decent lid! :D

I hope the tires don't come apart. Might have to have something specially made for those speeds.

I got goosebumps just by reading the title of this thread.
Not sure if I want to fly out of my bike at this speed.

Aiya, what if the front tube pops ... goosebumps....

T_T 150v controller poped 2 times so far but only one fet only gets nice speed but mid range it blows up as it picks up speed looks like we got to jump to bigger patch fets :p i got a doner ready to go with 250v fets at 80amps ^_^
steveo said:
70mph

thats it????

Kidding LOL

-steveo

Back