If you happen to live in Montreal

Radar69

1 µW
Hi,

To all ebike e-scooter riders in Montreal.

The Montreal police is on a tickets rampage againt cyclists and in the meantime anything to look remotely unknown to them is immediatly stopped and zillions of questions are asked.

If you have something with removable pedals, keep them around.

If you ride standup scooter try to avoid the bicycle paths hot points (Rachel st, De la commune, Atwater Market bridge etc...)

Few friends and myself had to answer polices questions in the last week.

Should not last more than another week or two as usual.

Have fun

Pierre

Yeah really, I was about to post on this...
My friend in the Plateau Mont-Royal was interogated by the police because his bike does not seem to have brakes (He rides a fix, thinks it's cool, I don't agree with him... :wink: ) He had to explain (and demonstrate) to the policeman that his brakes worked and that he could stop in a arbitrarily set "safe" distance..

After he told me his adventures, I thought I should keep it under the radar with my bike. GOOD THING I DID !
The damn cops were checking every bike that was riding on the path along Notre-Dame here in the east.. It looked like a roadblock for cars (traffic cones, lit flares, cop cars hidden everywhere..) let's just say I flipped my kill switch and pedaled slowly through.. I think I was spared the "inspection" because I have a good headlight, a red taillight and I ride with a nice DH helmet, so they thought I was safe enough..

Honestly, keep a low profile in the next week or two... or be fast enough to outrun 'em ! :twisted:

Julien

Back