Renault Twizy finds a niche

I saw a few Twizy's for rent last year on Tenerife, prominently displayed etc. This year they were all gone :(
Maybe the battery was not enough to climb the 2200 meters to the vulcano's cable car base station ? Cause on
a holiday island with a big vulcano it should be able to carry people to the main attraction, so maybe Tenerife
is not that good an island for an electric car...

I had never seen one till I saw lots for sale on ebay. Not seen one since..

I think in some ancient city with them narrow defendable streets they might be useful. It is a long way from other accepted vehicle designs though. I would say a lot more geeky than trendy.

I buy most of my clothes from walmart and have had the same 'no maintenance' hair cut all my life. I couldn't drive that though. I have to draw a line somewhere lol

friendly1uk said:
I buy most of my clothes from walmart and have had the same 'no maintenance' hair cut all my life. I couldn't drive that though. I have to draw a line somewhere lol

Same here but I'm probably older so I would not have any problems beeing seen in a Twizy.

What I did see a lot in Tenerife were those 4-wheeled mobility scooters. I think they'd be great fun to seriously soup up and start a
racing series with. A bit like the lawn tractor racing series they have in the US...

You mean the one's with a big comfy seats?
I just can't wait to get old. She said I can't have one yet, I have to think of the children lol

They even have good wet weather gear and instead of locking it up outside the shop, you just drive in :D

Supermarket drag racing. An isle each. First one to the danish wins lol

friendly1uk said:
…I couldn't drive that though. I have to draw a line somewhere…
I 'got my mind right' as a youngster riding in an Elcar. Its great not being shackled to others' ignorance.
elcar.jpg

friendly1uk said:
I couldn't drive that though. I have to draw a line somewhere lol

Funny how people openly admit there personal insecurities and inferiority concerns.

People who live without fear can drive anything that they feel is the best vehicle for the trip they are taking. How awesome the world would be with less folks living in self-made nest of fears and insecurities.

Maybe I can find a niche selling functional giant aerodynamic clockwork keys as rear vertical stabilizers. :lol:
Really though, I could use one of those on rainy days; that is, if we had any. :mrgreen:

liveforphysics said:
friendly1uk said:

Funny how people openly admit there personal insecurities and inferiority concerns.

You have seen the movie. Funny how. I just don't like the way it will look on me.

What is really the matter Luke. Is it the bms non-sense. I'm avoiding that business at the moment. Feel free to wade in and settle a few things though, I would like to see an end to it.

friendly1uk said:
liveforphysics said:
friendly1uk said:

You have seen the movie. Funny how. I just don't like the way it will look on me.

What is really the matter Luke. Is it the bms non-sense. I'm avoiding that business at the moment. Feel free to wade in and settle a few things though, I would like to see an end to it.

I don't even know who you are, and I have no beef of any kind with you. My sincere apologies if I've ever caused you to believe I had a grudge against you in some way. I'm am striving to develop unlimited universal love for all mankind, and of course dearly love the grass-roots EV building community that I freely donate so much time towards on ES.

I just see one of the biggest problems with sane vehicle choice adoption occurring in the world, are the people who take and thereby reinforce the "I couldn't drive/ride that" mentality as though there ego is so dependent on the appearance of a vehicle they feel they can't choose to do an alternative option.

It may just be my local Santa Cruz hippy-surfer-town environment, but I see the change in transportation choices happening everyday. People get "Boo'd" out of parking lots here at busy surf spots who show up with some absurdly stupid vehicle choice like a Hummer or Escalade or whatever. Ferrari's don't draw the amount or type of positive attention EV's draw here, and don't get nearly the respect as a vehicle choice.

The sooner people break there own insecurity driven stigmas, and quit sharing there personal insecurities with the world, the sooner that whole BIG-POWERFUL-LOUD-CHROME or it's beneath a persons standards to drive concept will fade into something only older people will remembering having once been the way people lived.

We don't need to use ES to further teach that mentality to our future generation though, it's not doing anyone any favors.

I'd guess that's someone with a few alteregos around here. No need to let it bother you, in fact you just gave the PERFECT reaction to get yourself prodded some more.

Meanwhile, hey, GO TWIZY! I've got just the niche that should be waiting for them.

cancars_right1sm.jpg
cancars_main2.jpg

Just saying that this is a good use for it. Limited range, time-dependent. A lot safer and more comfortable than a scooter in the ice and hail, and more sense than the Citroen C1/Toyota Aygos that a lot of firms are using now.

Your right jenny, It is perfect for any sort of business that runs around locally and wants to advertise the fact. It is hard to miss such a thing.

Nice reply Luke. I enjoyed reading it.
I drive a Miata. I think that says how much I care about social image. It is the smallest thing I see as both practical and enjoyable. If I need less vehicle, I have the bike. I hire a van if I need a bit more, Or use girts mazda 3 for family outings. This gives me a nice spread of suitable vehicles. I can't imagine a need to drag 2 tons of 4x4 around with me, Or even 1.5 ton of family car. I would drop below a ton but some weight is needed to ensure bumps displace my wheels, not the car body. I could drive something softer, But I would get no fun at all from it so would rather not bother. The twizy has no gap to fill in my lineup. It is little more than a bike but gets stuck in traffic and needs registering/insuring/taxing. I can stand in judgement over myself and say it's undesirable. It does not speak of how I want to be accepted by people. I really don't.

Leads me nicely to your comment dauntless. Why are you thinking this way? Do you have some close association with bullying? Why surface such thoughts. Are you trying to get the ball rolling?
I'm perfectly happy to highlight such behaviour. It does draw more yes, just like an apology surely does in your eyes. Not everyone thinks like you though. I will trade with anyone as if I am bothered, to draw them out and let everyone see. You obviously missed my psychopathic tendency's and have me down as a target worth pointing at, but in fact I go straight for people I feel are out of line, to out them so I can dismiss them in future. Your comments here offer nothing to the thread but are negative towards me. Why did you feel the need? Your just stirring the pot.

friendly1uk said:
Leads me nicely to your comment dauntless. Why are you thinking this way? Do you have some close association with bullying? Why surface such thoughts. Are you trying to get the ball rolling?
I'm perfectly happy to highlight such behaviour. It does draw more yes, just like an apology surely does in your eyes. Not everyone thinks like you though. I will trade with anyone as if I am bothered, to draw them out and let everyone see. You obviously missed my psychopathic tendency's and have me down as a target worth pointing at, but in fact I go straight for people I feel are out of line, to out them so I can dismiss them in future. Your comments here offer nothing to the thread but are negative towards me. Why did you feel the need? Your just stirring the pot.

I guess reading this board could be considered a close association with bullying, as much as goes on here and the moderators do mention. Get the ball rolling???? Oh, you beat me to THAT by 10 hours, 13 minutes. I'm trying warn about rolling the ball BACK to you. YOU are stirring the pot, I'm telling him to just leave it covered.

I KNOW you're happy when you're highlighting your sad behavior, that's why you're doing it AGAIN! As for that blender of your odd philosophy, no, I fully got the psychopath part and no finger pointing was involved, just a VERY SMALL suggestion to Mr. Physics not to get sucked in. Funny it set you off that big. Still seething from previous takedowns in your OTHER name(s)? You sure transitioned quickly off him and onto me. Interesting.

Out of line? He was supposed to line up behind you? You're saying he was without a prong, but your whole point you were trying to make was that he PRONGED you. You're a little light on the "Outing" him, it's going to be a long time in the future before you get to where you can "Dismiss" him. Gee, I really disagreed with him over the CVT days ago, but I flung no insults, or suggested he was disagreeing to get personal. I LET HIM TALK!

More of your blendered philosophy, I can't help but wonder what you thought YOUR comments added while mine didn't. I doubt your explanation would make sense either. I'll just explain that I've been a PAID moderator, whose task it was to deal with the online bullies, this on company messageboards in Hollywood. I remember one haughty snert posting that *I* was the one that was keeping the president of the company from commenting or discussing, when I'd just talked to the president on the phone about dealing with the jerk; he wanted me to get a whole lot tougher. Nah, not my style. I prefer leaving ugly on your side of the street.

So you know, when I was in college I worked on a low budget movie with a lot of animals. Talked to the trainers, who explained that you can only teach an animal to be doing one trick at a time. So a dog will only fetch a stick or ball if he's the sort to pick it up on his own, you can't teach him to pick it up AND return it. Perhaps you've noticed they then have to want to LET GO OF IT on their own, too.

Meanwhile, a human under pressure can lose as much as half his IQ and half his physic agility. Firemen and the like really depend on the quality of their training to carry them through a crisis when it emerges inside a burning building. I had a relative in the fire academy who had to carry out a fellow student in a training exercise, basically the guy might well have died and guess who was now a hero while he was still in school. But he insists he just instinctively picked the guy up without thinking he was also about out of oxygen and was going to use what was left a lot quicker carrying the guy.

So the point is to the normal person those last two paragraphs are kewl, but to the psychopath that you claim to be they are an irritant. But you're not able to recognize the difference between a psychopath and a nonpsychopath because, as the saying goes, incompetence is the inability to recognize competence. You know who can appreciate the onus being taken away from him but at the same time feel a bit guilty that SOMEONE ELSE has to deal with you. Just as I think about how I don't want to make this unpleasant for anyone else. But the capacity to understand that is not yours. Hopefully he can recognize I'm a little better cut out for this than he is, that it's about the unavoidable need to deal with the determined troll and not him really causing anything.

So you're unable to figure out if I'm just a little better than you, or a whole lot better than you. While I know exactly how much better I am. And with your IQ slipping away under pressure, unable to attempt more than one trick, dang it must be hard for you. Just remember, you're kidding yourself whenever you say you have Mr. Physics dismissed, it's all in your imagination. When he "Apologizes" that's just the nonpsychopathic mind trying to keep his own act in order, he thought you wanted to kid around. His mistake. Apparently you really did want to act like you were too good to drive the one car.

But you're not going to succeed at dismissing him, or anyone else. You're just going to flail about sinking more quickly in the quicksand of your own chaotic mind, overcomplicating everything as your self imposed pressure drives down the quality of your thoughts. Like the one about not wanting to be accepted. The rest of us don't so much need it, but of course we want it.

All this angst amidst the technology, can't you all just FEEL the theme from 'The Outer Limits' coming over you?

[youtube]1fejp6uZySQ[/youtube]

I've been envious of the guys who can get their mitts on these.
Unfortunately Renault hasn't sold on these shores for many a decade.
I would have chosen a Twizy over the diesel Smart I chose as a medium range commuter in a heartbeat.
With a big ass egrin on me face.

As the Canadian import laws are currently(always cloudy), you can import most any foreign vehicle after 15 model years have passed. Many JDM kei cars are available/imported here for the last 10 years or so.
I get wood when I see a Honda Beat slide around a corner. Though I see 3x as many skylines, surpas, R-x7 etc.
While still kool for the technology, I've always been more excited by less. Less size, less weight, less required power.
So I guess I'm looking at what 13-14 years or so? And counting. :wink:

Forget about twizy... It doesn't even have "real" doors.. an electric Smart is a far better choice.
http://www.thesmart.ca/ca/en/index/smart-fortwo-electric-drive.html

I could settle with a smart roadster. I can't take them seriously as a petrol car, but would make something like an electric kei car.

Dauntless. I can't read all that. It's just some emotional stuff with no electric content. Your not getting this are you. I don't care about your social issues, but invite you to explain why you are bothering.

I mistook something Mr Physics said, give it some wtf, was put straight and apologised. There is non of this precession your eluding too. Stop making it into a soap opera. I'm sure that is all over with now in a mans world.

edit: lol@the link. The smarts being overtaken by an electric bike :D (least it is in my mind)

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/24/scoot-quad-nissan-renault-feature/

i see these Renault cars pretty often around san francisco these days and they're rentable. I think they look pretty cool. They look really cool when they park in all the places no other car can.

Back