Washington to raise EV speed limit to 35mph!!!

State, that is.
Now don't everbody rush at once to move there.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003636241_electriccar26m.html

OLYMPIA — Geneva Sullivan loves almost everything about her electric car — the way it looks, its quiet power, the fact it doesn't belch fumes. She just wishes it could go faster.

"I was so concerned I had lettering put on the back, so people would know I can only go 25 miles per hour," said Sullivan, whose company, Espresso Vivace, uses the car to haul coffee beans to its stores around Seattle. "I sure would like it to go 35 mph."

Sullivan could soon get her wish. The Legislature is expected to pass a law that would let electric cars like hers zip along at 35 mph, which is the top speed on many city streets.

State lawmakers passed legislation in 2003 that allowed low-speed, battery-powered vehicles on city streets but limited them to 25 mph. Dealers could not sell four-wheeled models that went faster. But back then, many of the so-called "neighborhood electric vehicles" looked like souped-up golf carts..

(more...)

Well I dew dee-clair! Why, such heady speed is enuf to make a girl feel faint...(swoon).

My favorite line...
"You're constantly holding up traffic and you feel like a putz."

Maybe Bill Gates has opened up an EV dealership, greased some palms?

Back