The Anarchist’s Guide

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Don't walk into an airport with a backpack with wires coming out of it,,, check.

I haven't done a ton of opportunity charging, but on my shorter tours I found the most reliable places to find a hot outlet were small town community centers, city parks in the dinky towns, and somewhat older commercial buildings that are for sale. New commercial buildings have zero outside outlets, or faucets.

These were don't have to ask places, which I like best. Just find a plug, use it awhile, move on.

eTrike said:
"Is that dishonest? Are we intentionally misleading people? Probably. Do I care? Not really."

These sorts of conflicts are inherent to a maturing ecosystem. Take a look at some of the posts from a few years ago, people were strapping washing machine motors to bike frames and adding a couple of 10 year old car batteries. There as great excitement if someone could make it around the block. (That is a slight exaggeration... but not by much)

Fast forward to today, well engineered and assembled ebikes are capable of 40-50 mph or 100 mile range... pick one. Vendors have often evolved from hobbyists who worked out or their garage to small business owners who need to earn enough revenue to make next month's payroll.

This sort of ecosystem maturation represents a steep learning curve for everyone. With time and level headed people these conflicts tend to settle out themselves.

Tighten up your helmet strap. Get a good grip on your handlebars. Advances in power electronics, battery technology, material science, and small batch manufacturing have brought the ebike market to a point where the next couple of years will be exciting.

Congrats to ES. Your pushing the envelop has helped make this happen:)

Back