ELECTRONIC DIFFERENTIAL CONTROLLER FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE

futurosolare

1 µW
Good morning to all
I want to find confirmations on my idea of an electronic differential acting on the throttle of two controllers
that drive two motor hub on the rear of the car, I found this online schematic but I thought if it was possible to find something ready without having to design, know someone who produces it,
or you have any other solution? :D

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_272 Dec. 21 13.02.jpg
    ScreenHunter_272 Dec. 21 13.02.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 794
is this is true but the throttle control is unique to both controllers for which in a right curve the number of revolutions of the motors will be equal but the driving distance of the rear wheels will be different, causing a slippage

futurosolare said:
is this is true but the throttle control is unique to both controllers for which in a right curve the number of revolutions of the motors will be equal but the driving distance of the rear wheels will be different, causing a slippage
No...a common falacy.
Each motor will adjust speed according to the different torque demand caused by the turning radius.

Independent control can somewhat equal a differential driven vehicle, but it also enables some really cool stuff.

Terex MT6300 Mining Truck has two AC wheelmotors with a 42: triple reduction gearbox.

In the frozen tundra of Ft McMurray Canada Mining Trucks have to drive on sheer ice mush. They have a tight turning radius. Pulling forward from a load with differential (Cat trucks) or electric drive (Terex, Komatsu) no matter which way the wheels were pointed the truck went straight during acceleration.

We installed steering angle sensors and revised software. When the steering wheel is turned the angle value is one of several parameters that determine the differential speed rates for the wheels. These are asynchronous motors with slip so its not like "locked". It is very effective.

We didn't realize how effective until the following spring when the tundra thawed. All 6 wheels 5 feet deep in the mush leaving a wake. Loaded with 400 tons while passing the empty stuck trucks of other brand.

Oh yeah, Retard to Zero.

On a Mining Truck brakes don't last long, so they use a "Retard" system. Hydro on the mechanical drives.

So these motors turn into alternators..(which is what they were originally designed for...) and at lower speeds the BEMF doesn't slow things down very well. So we put a reversing circuit in that makes the electric brakes far superior to the 2600 lbs of disks used to slow it.

Here's one of the Wheelmotors:
MT5500_Wheelmotor_10.jpg

I have two different motors, different windings, different controllers, etc., on SB Cruiser trike, for left and right sides, and haven't had a problem with that (though I use two throttles specifically so I can use each one independently for fun/etc.).

That said, the Lebowski controllers can be linked for various methods of differential throttles, if you like. See his posts starting here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85071&p=1245223#p1244750

Back